“Nice Hotel in a perfect location!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Sc
“Nice Hotel in a perfect location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised. We visit family in Huntington every year, and stayed at the Holiday Inn regularly for a few years. Then we switched to another hotel right down the road for several visits. This was our first visit back staying at the Holiday Inn. We were so glad we switched back!! The beds were very, very comfortable, and the shower was one of the best ones we have experienced in a hotel. Great water pressure, and so relaxing! The staff was friendly and helpful. The kids loved the pool. Our room was clean and large. We used the frig to keep our drinks cool. We loved the table in the sitting area. We had plenty of room to charge all our electronics. The room was quiet. The only improvement was we would have preferred the room to be slightly cooler. I am very picky, and yes I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel staff was nice, but our room was run down. The pool area was nice for our small children. The morning breakfast was horrible! All the food was cold or poorly cooked. There are only 2 luggage carts for the entire hotel which made leaving in the morning a nightmare. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't the best.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Patricia U,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We took a short trip to Huntington with my husband while he was working there during the week. The hotel staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We checked in late on Tuesday night around midnight. We didn't have any trouble checking in that late. Our room was one with double beds and a sofa. The room was large enough for all of us. The couch was comfortable. The beds were also comfy! The room also has a fridge (no freezer) and a microwave. This allowed me to stock the fridge with lots of snacks and drinks for the week. The shower also had really strong water pressure which was relaxing after a day out sightseeing!
The only negative was that whatever they clean with or wash with was overpowering in the room. There is a fan in the room for that reason, I am guessing. My son and I had a little trouble with our asthma the first night. After we were in there for the day, we were fine.
My kids swam in the pool everyday. We also used the workout rooms.
My children forgot to pack quite a few items and the front desk was quick to supply those for us. I also needed aspirin on one evening, Scott took the time to look around before sending me out to buy some. He didn't find any, but I appreciated the effort! (btw, the bookstore over in Pullman square had some!)
My 2 HS kids and I took a tour of the Marshall campus on Thursday, while it was only about 8 blocks away, the hotel was happy to have someone drive us there with their shuttle! We just asked the front desk and were set up! That was wonderful considering my husband had to use the car for work.
Pullman square is right next door as is many other stores and places to eat. We had a great couple of days. Thanks to all the staff that helped with this!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and didn't have any issues with noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Spent two weekday evenings here. Our room was right beside the elevator and we were concerned it would be Lou's. The first night we slept soundly using white noise from our phone and never heard anything. The second night there was a party going on next door. We started calling the front desk at 12 MN. People were yelling, pounding the wall, running in the halls. We asked them to please speak to the guilty party. It was quiet for the 10 mins hotel employees were at the door. We called again at 1am when the noise had escalated further. They assured us the noise level would be reduced. We turned up our white noise and once again tried to sleep without success. At 2 am we called the front desk again. Finally after about 40 additional minutes the partiers passed out but neglected to turn off their music and TV. It was a horrible night and we felt as if the hotel staff did not respect our rights as guests and allowed the partying to continue week past midnight. A more forceful intervention by the staff could have resulted in the party being shut down at 12MN on a work night. Won't stay here again unless all other hotels are sold out. Will be my last resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear terri E,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stay here each time I visit Huntington and my son at Marshall university. Very good, clean and customer friendly hotel. I like it. Great location and very pleasant people working for the hotel . The location is next to Pullman Square which has good restaurants and shops,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robinson, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed here several times & I really like the hotel & the area. The hotel is always clean, the rooms are nice, & the Staff is super friendly. There are many restaurants, shopping, & a movie theater, all within walking distance. My only complaint would be the breakfast - it's what I would consider "continental" but it's like $7.95. I just didn't see $8 worth of food when I tried it. But I will always stay here when I'm in the area!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great Room and Staff. Traveling alone I felt both safe and welcome. Would definitely stay again in Huntington. Points off on some cleanliness issues but overall it was a great stay at this price point.

Room Tip: Junior / Mini suite was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!