“Sign of the happy clown” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 23 things to do in Huntington
West Virginia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Sign of the happy clown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I grew up going to Camden Park every summer and it was a thrill to go to. My parents would get my brother and I handstamps so we could ride all day or, since we lived close by, we would go of an evening by paying a dime to get in then just buying tickets for whatever rides we wanted to ride. But, times change. I recently visited for the first time in about 15 years and was really sad to see how much it had changed. The admission price isn't worth it plus you have to pay to park. Many of the rides are still the same but are not kept up well (safety wise ok, looks not so much). I guess this would be a great place to go with young kids who aren't used to larger amusement parks.

Visited July 2013

“Great family fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Camden Park since I was a little girl. It may be dated but you can expect to get a great family experience that is safe and clean fun.

Charleston, West Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Being Honest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been going to this park since I was 2, I am now 34. It is close to my home but the admission is high but I understand due to upkeep and employee cost. But a coat of paint is a must the Big Dipper could use a overhaul and pull some weeds. Weeds and paint are a easy fix that I think the state of WV could give some funds towards. I love this slice of history and will continue to visit every so often with my kids. I would say its great for families and McDonalds has discount tickets. As for thrill rides they have few but fun level is a ten I enjoy it a lot.

Visited July 2012
Ohio, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Too Scared To Enter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had read reviews here that made me leery. Once we pulled into the parking lot, I realized my fears were justified. The place looked extremely dilapidated, with peeling paint and rides that did not look in good repair. The roller coaster, clearly visible from the road, had horrible chipped white paint and looked so rickety I feared it might collapse under a coaster at any moment. I understand the place is old, but these rides absolutely looked unsafe. I turned to ask my kids in the back seat if they would be upset not to go in and they both had wide eyes and were pressed against their seats in mild horror. They vigorously requested we NOT go inside. If it had been a place where you paid per ride, I might have at least entered, but for $20 per person there was no way I was taking a chance.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
6 attraction reviews
“A place to let your kids run free and have a great time!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went to Camden Park from 2 years old on. In my late 40s now and have 3 kids ranging from 13 to 23 and they all love it. We live 30 minutes from Kings Island, but the history and fun are still there in the little park known as Camden. From the kiddie rides to the adult its great. The Whip, which has to me the most simple ride ever made packed a punch of fun for us all.

For those of you that have gone to Camden Park, you know what I mean! For those of you that haven't gone, plan a trip. We just went Friday, and rode the Big Dipper 5 times in a row, back to back with no line. For 15.99 a person you cant beat the cost of a day of entertainment!!!!

The homemade corn dogs "Pronto Pups" are by far the best in the world! Make sure to have them "Paint" the mustard on and you will be enlightened to what a REAL corn dog is! Souvenir cups are only $4.99. The prices are those of the 80s for food and drink, and trinkets, games offer some challenge, and nostalgia is unbeatable here.

They are slowly adding a few rides and spicing up some of the older things with paint and repairs.

The only real complaint is that the restrooms (there is only 1 M and 1 W in the entire park) needs some serious upgrading...

Enjoy America's few remaining Family Amusement Parks... They need your support and patronage.