“Marshall here we come !!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryland
“Marshall here we come !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice to take my son to look at the campus of Marshall Uni ..
It's so clean and pet friendly ( extra fee)
We like having the ability to get to and from the school very easily . The rooms are spacious and immaculate , with a complete kitchen . The pool is very clean ! Will stay here again !!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had no issues with service that some others seem to have. If anything our issues were with the worn furniture. The sofa and ottoman looked as though they were dragged behind a truck. Bed was a little worn out as well. Not what I expected.

With the few bad things out of the way, everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Breakfast at this location is passable. We stayed on points so I can't speak to the true value of the rooms here. Not bad for a few nights with a full kitchen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First time in West Virginia and couldn't ask for a better place to stay. The rooms where very clean and the staff was very accommodating. It was great to have the ability to grill outside the hotel as well as a selection of restaurants nearby. Continental breakfast was good and having the option to make your breakfast, lunch or dinner in the comfort of your room was a plus with cookware, dishes, utensils already supplied in your room. Would definitely recommend and a return visit is not out of the question.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Candra C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! The staff at TownePlace Suites appreciate that you notice all their hard work! I'm glad that you enjoyed our grill outside as well as the amenities in your suite. We will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Huntington!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My stay this weekend (July 11/12) was amazing the girl at the front desk named Robin was so polite and was able to check us in quickly. The suite we stayed in was room 300 and it was spacious and clean and the beds were really comfortable. I was so convenient knowing there was a grill on the property so we didn't have to drive around to any restaurants and we could just go right to the pool which was close by. The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed more towels and blankets, I will definitely be coming back on my next visit

Room Tip: Well location, price and amenities are key for me.
Green Features: I think its great and shows the efforts being made to keep the hotel efficient, safe and doing its part to help the planet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Janet,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! I really couldn't ask for a better front desk staff and I am very proud that they made your stay with us delightful. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Huntington.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Right off Interstate 64 at exit 11, This hotel is clean and convenient to both the highway and Marshall University. Rooms are good, but some are showing slight wear. Breakfast Bar is average, but there is a Bob Evens right beside the hotel which is a good option for food.
This hotel tells you they are pet friendly.....but for a price..... It will cost you an EXTRA $100 if you bring a pet. that is usually the cost of an regular night room charge, so if you do bring Rover, you price for a room here will double. This pup charge is way too high... come on townplace, lets be a little more pet friendly...

If you want this place without bringing fido, then it is a good option for a short visit or and overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Candra C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hello Doug,
I want to thank you for your recent stay at TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Huntington. I apologize that you were not fully aware of the price of the pet fee. The main reason for the pet fee is for the cleaning process that housekeeping goes through after a pet has stayed in our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and if you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Steel City , USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here the weekend of Spikefest (Volleyball tournament) and were very pleased with the hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the location was located just of the main interstate and we were only 15 minutes from the Big Sandy Arena. We stayed in a king suite (2nd floor) on the backside of the hotel. Some other reviewers mentioned noise from the Highway...I was not able to hear highway noise. The bed was comfortable and the suite was clean. This is a nice option that is just out of the city limits of Huntington. Breakfast was not great for me because the choices were very limited.

One tip...if traveling to the Big Sandy Arena, leave enough time for the 20+ traffic lights. Also, we parked in the garage directly across from the arena entrance...it seems that meter collectors do not work in Huntington after 5 and on weekends. Parking was free. Others payed $3 to park in an adjacent garage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was a great location and a good clean hotel, but a very snarky staff. I had interactions with the manager, Candra Cantera, and she was just plain mean. Same thing with the front desk staff person Robin. This is a good location with a stunning view and a nice place, but be prepared for a lot of attitude from the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Candra C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
I am very sorry for the negative experiece you felt you had during the phone conversations with Robin and I. I assure you that this is not normal comments we recieve about our staff or myself. I have spoken with you since and I hope that we have changed your opinion about my staff and myself. If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me.

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington? Share your experiences!