“Suites that were sweet to stay in.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Huntington
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Suites that were sweet to stay in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My room was a studio suite, that had plenty of room to put stuff. The hotel is conveniently
located to attractions in Huntington. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast could have had more items, but good enough for 2 nights. Nikki was very nice and helping us check in and out, along with the entire housekeeping staff catering to my every needs. I could not have asked for a better stay! I will stay again! My only complaint was the amount of dust in the room, but overall great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the FRONT of the hotel away from I-64.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eagan, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very pleasant front desk, an excellent room and a good breakfast - what one would expect from a Marriott property. Only negative was the relatively limited choice of TV stations. Worth returning to. (Take a side trip downtown to the city park on the Ohio River if you can.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have to return to this area occasionally on business and have had to stay in many hotels. This one by far exceeds any that I have ever stayed at. I usually do not bother to write reviews but I was so impressed with every single aspect of this hotel that I had to post. The front desk staff was so helpful and made it quite clear that if I needed anything, just let them know. The General Manager also came out and greeted me and in the morning, asked how my stay was. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. It definitely is nice to feel like you are welcome. The rates are reasonable also. This hotel is definitely going to be my home away from home and this is where I will be staying on my future trips to the area. Kudos to the GM and staff and keep up the good work..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I made reservations at TownPlace a year ago for our daughter's graduation from med school. I got a really good rate for the block of rooms - $88 for a studio and $129 for a two bedroom. I went by the hotel three times during the month before our arrival to see the rooms and make sure they could handle our handicap request - first floor room. Each time I was told it would be no problem. The last time I went, I was shown the rooms and told that they would be blocked for us. Imagine my surprise when I arrived as scheduled and I was told they did not have a first floor room for us. A manager came out and solved that problem by giving us two studios on the first floor - across the hall from each other - splitting up our family for the two nights! Nikki the front desk manager, then gave me the sheet to sign which indicated a rate of $140. I told her my rate was $129 but she assured me I was wrong because her sheet stated otherwise. I attempted to pull up the email on my phone but it had been deleted. We argued back and forth for 10 minutes about the rate. Finally, I said charge me what you want but when I get into my room and get my laptop, I will pull up the Marriott rewards account and show you. At this point she finally backed down. That night I asked the front desk person to show me how to print off my reservation info so I could prove to Nikki I was not lying to her over $11. He could not figure out how to print or email the information. The next morning, I spoke to someone and asked did Nikki get the message. The general manager of the hotel overheard me and came over to see what I was speaking about. She completely missed the point - that Nikki had wrongly argued with me for 10 minutes about the rate. She chastised me for expecting a first floor room - after one had been promised to me three different times- you know a first floor room is only a request! No one ever apologized to me for challenging me on the rate - when they were wrong and I was correct. No one. Not Nikki who was responsible for the problem. Not the general manager - no one. I did not find the management hotel staff to be courteous or polite. The other problem is the smokers. They sit right outside the front door of the hotel and smoke - it seems all day long. You have to walk through the haze to enter!

The rooms are clean and quiet -as comfortable as any hotel. Our friends did complain that the interstate noise is annoying on the third floor but you cannot hear it on the first floor.

I don't plan on returning to WV now that our daughter has graduated, but if I do, I would not stay at Town Place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the interstate for quiet! Don't expect much from breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travel for a living and stay at many Marriott properties. I would say for the most part I am hard to satisfy 100 percent. I have to say that the staff and the management did everything they could to make me feel at home. The hotel was very clean and it was in a good location. Every time I saw an employee they stopped what they were doing to ask how I was and if I needed anything at all. Keep up the good work, because you are doing something right! Next time I am driving through I am going to make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times when visiting my son. I have to say that within the last year, they must have made some changes. The rooms are clean, the market is fresh, and the staff is excellent! The front desk clerk was so nice when checking in and the general manager was very pleasant. I will continue to stay here when visiting family!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff were more than helpful, with where to eat and where the local places to shop were. Very friendly. The room was clean, and bed was comfortable. Would definately stay here again. I read the one interview from the women who wanted a free room, and I could not disagree with her more. Sounds like she wanted something for nothing.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington? Share your experiences!