“Budget Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Virginia Beach
“Budget Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed here on my way back from summer vacation in Nashville, TN to Virginia Beach, VA. I found out about this motel through a coupon book I got at a rest area in Kentucky. My room was spacious, clean and quiet. This was a budget motel since the room didn't have an iron and ironing board (fortunately, I brought my own iron), and coffee pot. This was my first stay in a Red Roof Inn. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly and the price was reasonable!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I've never stayed at a Red Roof Inn. Made this booking based on a very reasonable rate and the reviews here. Overall, it was a satisfactory stay. Room was recently renovated. A couple issues. Tiolet didn't flush very well so had to be flushed more than once. I thought the bed was okay but hubby thought is was sloped so the head was low. Also there was a crack all the way around the door -- nothing big but I sure wouldn't want to stay here in the winter. Close to lots of fast food restaurants.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

The website claims 'newly renovated with contemorary furniture, new bathrooms with granite counter top'. We experienced an old and dated room so maybe there were renovated rooms - they could be the king rooms as they also offer free internet where the regular rooms don't. The 'fresh ground coffee' was not on offer as we checked out because the machine was broken - no 'breakfast' for us!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

As far as MOTEL standards go, this is acceptable. The rooms were clean and appeared to be recently remodeled. The person at the front desk never answered a call from my room. I walked to the front desk to seek answers to my question and observed the phone ringing non-stop without any answering until I prompted him as there could possibly be an in house emergency. The guy working the afternoon, check in, shift was pitiful but the guy on the following morning shift was polite, pleasant and nice to deal with. Their sign says free internet. It is only "free" if you pay for it, aka, you must buy a premium package. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
NASHVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

traveling with my dog, just needed some place to crash overnight. This was great. Clean, quiet, comfortable, cheap (in the best sense of the word.) Friendly staff. Only drawback was lack of real restaurants nearby.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Gloucester, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

Wife and I stopped here on way to Illinois. Haven't stayed at a Red Roof in over 20 years. We were very impressed with this hotel. Staff was very friendly, rooms were immaculate!
We tried to stay here again on way back through, but they were full. We had to stay next door at Days Inn which was horrible!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

This was the second Red Roof we stayed in the last couple of weeks. We found both quite satisfactory. We checked in about 9 p.m. without a reservation. We were going to be charged $15 more than the price quoted on the hotel website. When I mentioned this the clerk reduced our rate without an argument. She did mention that that rate is when you book on-line. She was very friendly. When I mentioned we were traveling with our teenage son she got a couple of extra towels for us (without having to ask!) The room was quite adequate in size and very clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The sink was outside the bathroom. I like this. The shower was incredible - better than most. Otherwise the room was just the basics - no hair dryer, no iron or board, no coffee maker, no breakfast bar. There was coffee/tea in the lobby. Checkout was simple, staff were friendly. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay on a budget this is the place.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!