“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

For the price, we were impressed with this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The only problem we had was with occassional noise from the parking lot and the air conditioner.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 153, which is an end unit so it was more quiet. Also, the water pressure was excel...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I do agree that we are a good value for the price. We try to provide every guest with a clean comfortable room at a fair price with friendly people. Thanks again and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

we have stayed in this hotel many times due to it being pet friendly. they recently remodeled and the accomodations are excellent for the price. clean, quiet and great staff willing to help with whatever the issue. great stay for the price and location for a quick trip passing thru

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments along to my staff. Thanks again and we appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stopped here for one night to break up a road trip. It was a bit hidden so it took us a minute to figure out how to get to it. Check in was a breeze but when I was at the counter, I saw that they had NO wifi. Now, I know that sounds like something trivial but when your website advertises FREE WIFI, I expect FREE WIFI! Anyway, when we walked into our room it was pretty warm and muggy. They didn't have the AC on at all so it took a few hours to get the humidity under control. And speaking of the AC, it was SO loud! My husband got up in the middle of the night to mess with it and try to make it a little quieter. He ended up folding a towel and wedging into the front cover which made it a little better. I am well aware that this is a "no frills" hotel but when you advertise at least one frill (free wifi), BACK IT UP! Needless to say, we did NOT stay here on the way back and have no intention of ever returning.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and that the Wi-Fi wasn't working properly when you checked in. We have been experiencing some issues recently due to the high number of people using the service. We are in the process of upgrading to a new carrier to eliminate this issue. I know these issues are frustrating to experience while you are travelling. Rest assured we don't like these types of problems either and it will be corrected. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Church Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I'm a truck driver so I'm very particular about service. I stayed at this property for a full week awaiting repairs on my truck. The staff here provided the most excellent service. Sherry at the front desk and Tammy in house keeping were exceptional. They made my stay very enjoyable. Thanks to all the staff at Red Roof Inn in Huntington. Keep up the good work..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. I hope next time you visit will be for a better reason, but we are glad you got your truck fixed. I will pass along your comments to my staff. Thank you for you business and we hope to see you again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years when visiting family. I can say I was thrilled to hear about the renovations, but after staying here upon completion of the renovations can say it has made some major changes and really look very nice. I like that it is centrally located to the interstate, as well as also restaurants, Marshall University, shopping , and something for everyone to do. I am always thrilled when I see the staff and especially one person names Sherry, she has always given the best customer service, listened when I had a question, and helped me with any directions that I needed. The staff is always polite, rooms are always clean, and I can lay down and feel safe and get a good nights sleep. I recently stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Tampa and can say that it was OK but not as nice as this one.

Room Tip: I would say to stop at the rest stop and get a hotel book that there is always a coupon it for this...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and for your business over the years. I'm glad you like the renovations and enjoy staying with us. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We appreciate your business and I home to see you again soon.

ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 1 night here as a short getaway. We were looking for a place to lay out heads for the night. I did get a good rate through Hotwire. Check in was easy and we were given a handicap room.( must have been a leftover room) I hate handicap bathrooms!! You can't take a shower without soaking the entire bathroom floor and even though the room was recently renovated the bathroom was not and tile was dirty and stained. There were only 2 towels and they were dingy and thin( I could have called for more but was frustrated)The king bed and pillows were hard as rocks. We had issues ordering movies and the front desk clerk was very nice trying to help us as it took almost an hour to get it settled. The walks were very thin and could here all our neighbors.The best thing going for this hotel is the staff. If I return to Huntington I probably will not return to this hotel. It's not the worst I've stayed in, but I feel there are better options in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for you review. I'm sorry that you booked an Accessible room through Hotwire. Some of the online sites sell them without indicating they are this type of room. I know this can be frustrating since we cannot change these types of reservations. I always recommend calling the hotel to book the room. We will address the issues you mentioned and I do agree that we have a great staff here at the property. Thank you for your business and I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.

Steubenville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Storm passed through the area knocked out power to about every other room in the hotel. Staff couldn't move us to a room with power because they didn't have a computer to use and said they would discount our room twenty dollars. Our neighbor in the hotel and our friends got their second night free because their name didn't show up as being there the second night and they had power!!!!!! Red Roof refused to acknowledge how unjust this was and discounted us $20. Why does a hotel chain this size not have a back up plan or a generator?! Not to mention the rooms were very small and the towels were gray! Save yourself some hassle and go down the road to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience staying with us during the power outage. These types of problems are very challenging when we have no computers and don't know which few rooms have limited power. We clearly did not handle the situation as well as we could have and we are discussing better ways to handle these situations for when the power goes out again. I can promise you we will get better.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!