“Great renovations!!! Quiet and Super Friendly Personable Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Miami, Florida
“Great renovations!!! Quiet and Super Friendly Personable Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years when visiting family. I can say I was thrilled to hear about the renovations, but after staying here upon completion of the renovations can say it has made some major changes and really look very nice. I like that it is centrally located to the interstate, as well as also restaurants, Marshall University, shopping , and something for everyone to do. I am always thrilled when I see the staff and especially one person names Sherry, she has always given the best customer service, listened when I had a question, and helped me with any directions that I needed. The staff is always polite, rooms are always clean, and I can lay down and feel safe and get a good nights sleep. I recently stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Tampa and can say that it was OK but not as nice as this one.

Room Tip: I would say to stop at the rest stop and get a hotel book that there is always a coupon it for this...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and for your business over the years. I'm glad you like the renovations and enjoy staying with us. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We appreciate your business and I home to see you again soon.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night here as a short getaway. We were looking for a place to lay out heads for the night. I did get a good rate through Hotwire. Check in was easy and we were given a handicap room.( must have been a leftover room) I hate handicap bathrooms!! You can't take a shower without soaking the entire bathroom floor and even though the room was recently renovated the bathroom was not and tile was dirty and stained. There were only 2 towels and they were dingy and thin( I could have called for more but was frustrated)The king bed and pillows were hard as rocks. We had issues ordering movies and the front desk clerk was very nice trying to help us as it took almost an hour to get it settled. The walks were very thin and could here all our neighbors.The best thing going for this hotel is the staff. If I return to Huntington I probably will not return to this hotel. It's not the worst I've stayed in, but I feel there are better options in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for you review. I'm sorry that you booked an Accessible room through Hotwire. Some of the online sites sell them without indicating they are this type of room. I know this can be frustrating since we cannot change these types of reservations. I always recommend calling the hotel to book the room. We will address the issues you mentioned and I do agree that we have a great staff here at the property. Thank you for your business and I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.

Steubenville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Storm passed through the area knocked out power to about every other room in the hotel. Staff couldn't move us to a room with power because they didn't have a computer to use and said they would discount our room twenty dollars. Our neighbor in the hotel and our friends got their second night free because their name didn't show up as being there the second night and they had power!!!!!! Red Roof refused to acknowledge how unjust this was and discounted us $20. Why does a hotel chain this size not have a back up plan or a generator?! Not to mention the rooms were very small and the towels were gray! Save yourself some hassle and go down the road to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience staying with us during the power outage. These types of problems are very challenging when we have no computers and don't know which few rooms have limited power. We clearly did not handle the situation as well as we could have and we are discussing better ways to handle these situations for when the power goes out again. I can promise you we will get better.

Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had a very quite and clean stay while I was there,, The staff (sherry) was very friendly and helpful and attended to all my needs.. I would totally recommend this place for anyone stopping by this area and at a very affordable price...

Room Tip: king suites are very nice..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thank you for you business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Peoria, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We reserved this room online abt 10 min. before we got there and paid $75 for non smoking king bed. We had an upstairs room in the lower 200's I believe. Rooms are ok - clean, bed comfortable,even a safe was provided as well as the micro and refer. The bars of soap provided have just a hint of strawberry.(pleasant surprise)Water pressure for showers was STRONG - loved it. You could, however, hear the water pipes LOUDLY each time the neighbor either flushed or used their faucet. Luckily ours didn't very often, at least overnight. There is no carpet in the room,just an "indoor/outdoor" type of carpet underneath the bed (which is ok with us) and hardwood floors. The room is a little narrow but for overnight thats not a big deal. I thought it would bother me more the fact there is NO complimentary breakfast but it didn't much. At least they did have coffee. For any longer than 1 night we would probably choose somewhere different.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stop-over with us. I agree that we are ideal for one night stays to break up a longer trip and that we provide a clean, comfortable room at a fair price with friendly service. No frills, just a good value. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a stopover on the way to Kentucky. Although I had made my reservation online through a third party, I called the hotel when I realized I had forgotten to request a room closer to the lobby so that my wife would not have to stretch her limited mobility. The front desk person Sherrie said she while she could not guarantee my request, she would go ahead and put a note in.

When I arrived, the male front desk agent apparently saw my request on his computer an assigned us to the room immediately next door.

I could tell the room had been renovated and we had no complaints about the space. Being able to bring our dog along with no pet fee was a bonus. Although the rooms were smoke-free, we had the bad luck of being just below some other guests who smoked on their balcony and the scent occasionally wafted down below. Not the hotel’s fault but annoying, nonetheless.

When I went to check out the next morning, the female front desk agent recognized my name. I looked at her name tag and saw that it was in fact Sherrie whom I had spoken with on the phone. She said when she came in that morning, she even checked to see if my request was fulfilled. Kudos to her for her excellent customer service!

In summary, if you’re looking for a convenient place right off I-64 at a great value with friendly staff, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our new rooms and that we were able to meet you requests. We do believe that we offer clean, comfortable rooms at a fair price with friendly service. Thanks for your business and I hope we see you again on your next trip through town.

Mountains of Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Quiet, clean, comfortable, and well equipped. We really enjoyed our short stay. The Desk staff were friendly and a pleasure to talk to. My only suggestion would be to display better directional signage. Will stay again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the rear. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. Clean and comfortable with a friendly staff for a fair price. I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree we can be hard to find behind the other hotel but we are worth the search. Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!