“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Haliburton, Canada
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before as reviews were poor or mixed for the places I was checking out, but this one was highly rated on Trip Advisor so thought we'd give it a try.

This was the most economical hotel we stayed in over two weeks at $58 before tax I believe, and it has recently been totally redone. It was very clean as well. The lady on the front desk was very pleasant to deal with. (I don't think she leaves the place as she was there at night and again early in the morning!)

The motel is set back from the road near a McDonald's and another motel. One of those places had a roll off truck arrive between 5 and 6 in the morning and that woke us right up.

McDonalds and Fazolis are within walking distance but otherwise probably need to drive a little bit. Gas station very close as well.

Great choice for a night's stay. The room is a little small to a traditional hotel room and may not be suitable for everyone for a longer period of time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wolvesmgr
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your detailed and fair description of our Inn. I agree that we are a great value with clean rooms and a friendly staff. I hope to see you again on your next trip and we do appreciate your business.

Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have been visiting the Huntington, WV area for four years while my daughter attended Marshall University. The Red Roof Inn is the first hotel we stayed at in the area and it's the only one we have stayed at since the beginning. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelly H
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you have enjoyed staying with us while your daughter was at Marshall. We do have quite a few Marshall parents stay with us and it is always good to talk to them when they come to town. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have made this my home motel while my Son has been at Marshall. Never a bad stay & Sherry at the desk is out of this world! She now feels like a family member! My only complaint was lack of channels,
but they have even fixed that with many channels now! Over the years they have performed many renovations , and is really one of the cleanest motels around. Being so close to campus you cannot go wrong staying here!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Richard G
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad to be your family away from home. Thank you for mentioning our new all HD television line up with more channels and better picture. We think it is great. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stay at this hotel each time I'm in town because of the friendly staff that goes out of their way to help with whatever I may need. I usually am a late check-in, and Trelia always has my room cooled or heated for me and my keys ready if she knows I'm coming in. She's very accommodating and puts guest satisfaction at the top of her list. Another great stay!

Room Tip: If you're traveling on business and need desk space, get a superior king! It's the only roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CHechler
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are always glad to have you stay with us. I appreciated the kind words for my staff. I will pass them along. I hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your business.

Londonderry, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The location is kinda of confusing because it is located behind another hotel. The rooms are very clean and the staff exceptional in friendliness. Judy at the front desk checked us in and she was very friendly and professional. I could see once we got to our room the housekeeper "Judy" takes a lot of pride in preparing rooms for guests. The neatly folded end of the toilet paper, neatly folded towel on bath tub holding soap and shampoo showed her pride. Little details such as the evenly pulled back shower curtain too the basket of neatly arranged complimentary coffee and tea made us feel like we were staying in a four star hotel. The rate was very reasonable and well worth it. We got a veterans discount and what actually convinced us to drive 10 miles out of the way to stay here was other high reviews of other guests who had stayed here. I wish all hotels I have stayed at had such top quality staff as this Red Roof location.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you appreciate the hard work of the housekeeping and front desk staff. I agree that we provide a friendly staff with clean room at a fair price. I hope to see you again on your next trip through town. We appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The renovation is excellent and the rooms are incredibly nice. Jean peck was the housekeeper I met and she was immensely friendly. I will also share the fact that I left my brand new tablet out on the balcony and went for food. She advised me when I returned that she saw it and did not want someone to steal it so she placed it on my bed for me. That has to be the most honest and nicest thing anyone has done for me. This property has a customer for life when I visit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terrell M
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do have a very good and honest staff and I'm glad that we were able to help you out. I will pass on your comments. Thanks for your business and I will look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great place to stay totally redone clean up to date hotel. A little hard to find the driveway but worth the money. Didn't get the name of the lady at the desk when we checked in but she was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: We picked up a book at the rest stop with a discount coupon so I think we paid less than $60 for the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RRD14
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed you stay with us. I know we can be hard to find the first time you stay with us, but I agree that it is worth it. I will pass your comments along to my staff. Thank you for your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area
Ramada Limited Huntington
Ramada Limited Huntington
#6 of 11 in Huntington
3.5 of 5 stars 338 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!