“Better places up the road” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Somewhere in America
“Better places up the road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've stayed here numerous times over the past few months and it seems like something happens every time. The last time it was a guitar playing party next door.
Although the rooms have been recently renovated, that is just skin deep. Not a big fan of the uncarpeted pseudo-hardwood floors. The 2 part heating and cooling system is cryptic at best and the room temperature is difficult to control. It's not real restful to awaken at 4am because the radiant heaters have kicked on and it's now 80 degrees in the room.
On a previous stay, the fan on the AC unit made more noise than a lawnmower. Luckily they were able to move me but not without some coaxing on my part.
The internet is slow and there are a very small number of TV channels available.

It's an old school style motel where every room opens onto a walkway/balcony so you get a lot of slamming car doors and people walking up and down the exterior steps. (no elevator) The night clerk was not particularly friendly

It is a step up from some of the other motels in the same area however. (Day's Inn and Quality Inn, I'm looking at you.) An OK place to stay if you really need a room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did not have a great stay with us. I will have my maintenance staff look at the heating and cooling issue you had. I did want to mention that we will be adding more television channels later on this year and upgrading our television service. Hopefully this will address this issue that you had with us. I appreciate your comments and we will use them to improve. Thank you for your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manger.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bluefield, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Rooms are nice and clean, good quality mattress, and a flat screen tv. Showers are very nice and have great pressure! Staff is very friendly and helpful. We travel with our dog and this is a great place to stay for her and us.

Room Tip: Rooms along the south side are quieter and receive less wind.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you chose to stay with us while you visited your son and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We do get a lot of people staying with us from Marshall. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thanks again for staying with us, we appreciate your business.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I Love Sherry & Her work she makes the red roof feel like heaven. & I will stay anytime she's working she makes it feel like im at home. Also the housekeeping is great clean sheets and rooms they cheeck on u daily to make sure u are good and i just love my stay at the red roof and I recomend anybody to stay when in hunington Wv, Its just great

• Stayed January 2014
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us here in Huntington. I will pass your comments along to my staff. We want everyone to feel like they are at their second home when they stay with us. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

As a truck driver me and my husband have our ups and downs with the industry but when our truck completely called it quits we were done. Having to stay the night in freezing temperatures in a busted truck wasn't the best way to end our week but Sherry in the front office made sure we have everything we needed and we felt at home as our truck was being repaired. Now that we're back on the road red roof inn is a place we'll always stay. Thanks guys!!!!
Xoxo
Porscha & Weston

• Stayed January 2014
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you got your truck fixed and are back in business. I understand how frustrating that can be and I'm glad we were able to help make you feel at home. I will pass your comments along and I'm glad you have become a Red Roof fan. Perhaps you would want to sign up for our Redicard program and earn points towards free nights. Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I love staying at this hotel. This stay i had trouble with the internet my entire stay but ms Sheri in the front office was so nice she compensated me for this. She is always so helpful. This is the reason i always return when in town.

• Stayed January 2014
Thanks for you review. I'm sorry you had internet issues during your stay. The weather has played havoc with our satellite tv and our internet. Hopefully these issues are behind us. I will pass along your comments and I'm glad we were able to make it right for you. Thanks again and we appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been staying at this location for several years. Trelia and Sherry at the front desk are always very helpful and always professional. On very rare occasions if something is amiss, they go out of their way to make it right. The excellent service is the primary reason I continue coming back to this location each month.

Room Tip: If you're traveling for business, I strongly recommend a business king which has a much larger w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is good to have you staying with us. I will pass your comments on to my staff. We do try to make every stay excellent and I'm glad we have succeeded for you. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Princeton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I work in the area quite often and this motel has aiways been clean comfortable with a very friendly and courteous staff i came in on sunday nights the clerk her name was ellen always friendly professional very helpful i see a new manager on the rise with this young lady, also the hotel is convenient to many ammenities keep up the good work see you in the future. thanks lyle

Room Tip: reserve ahead of time even if you forget or just happen by if they have room they will fix you up
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us and hope that you will continue to stay with us. I appreciate your comments about my staff. I will pass them along. We do try to make everyone feel at home and I agree that we are conveniently located. Thanks again for your kind words and we appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!