“Outstanding newly renovated budget motel” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Huntington
Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
“Outstanding newly renovated budget motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was an outstanding budget motel. Newly renovated (the newest Red Roof renovation, according to a sign in the lobby). Entirely clean and fresh. Faux wood floors are a great idea - much cleaner in a motel room than carpet. Cool dark red accent color. Numerous electrical outlets. Decently comfortable bed. Flat screen TV. Outside room entrance. No continental breakfast (which was fine with me, because budget motel breakfast is typical nothing much, so we usually skip it anyway).
Sheila at the front desk was also outstanding and very friendly. She realized before we did (which almost never happens) that we'd need an extra set of towels (for 3rd person in the room), and brought them down to the room (because I had left the lobby too quickly to get them).
On top of all that, this was the least I've paid for a chain budget motel in three years (but my rate did include a military discount).

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your details in describing the property. I agree that we are a great value and that we are a clean, well maintained property with a friendly staff. I will pass your comments along to my staff. I appreciate your business and I hope to see you again soon.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leitchfield, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stay at red roof inns every chance I get. I work out of town and spend about 275 nights a year in hotel/motel rooms this is one of the best red roof inns I've stayed at. It has all new updated rooms, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff, very affordable, really clean.

Room Tip: I've been in 3 different rooms both sides of the building, up and down stairs the last 3 weeks...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the kind words from a travelling veteran like yourself. I do agree that we are a good value. No frills, but a good clean well maintained room with a friendly staff. Thanks for your business and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Have been staying at the Huntington Red Roof for over 13 years whenever in Huntington for business but mostly personal trips once or twice a year. When I first began staying here it was for the convenience of being right between Huntington and Barboursville. The rooms were decent, clean and affordable back then. There have been numerous upgrades and improvements over the last few years and the most recent upgrades make the rooms appear as if it were a new hotel. New flooring, large flat screen HD TV's, bedding and really nice decor. You can't beat the price. Most importantly, the front desk and housekeeping staff have always been the absolute best. I can afford to pay more and stay at newer properties close to the Barboursville Mall but why deal with the traffic, etc. There are nit pickers out there who may not agree with my review because they expect everthing to be perfect but the Huntington Red Roof will always be my first choice.

Room Tip: I always reserve a king room. It has a small refrigerator and microwave. I don't always need it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and thank you for your business over the years. We have tried to keep the property updated over the years and have been blessed with a great staff. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Alkol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every time I am in the area. It is affordable and the rooms are clean. But most importantly the front desk staff are nice. The front desk clerk Sherry is always friendly, and very Helpful. She always makes sure my stay here at red roof inn is the best and that everything is ok with my stay. She always makes me feel welcome and if I need directions to something in the area she is always very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I agree that I have an excellent staff and that we are a great value with clean rooms. We appreciate your business and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Shinnston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

we stayed in red roof and it was great. sherry was the best. she was kind and anything we needed she made sure we had it..."she's the best"....thanks for the great stay ..cant wait to come back.....hope to see u all real soon...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to my staff. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife an i stay here everytime we come to the area. Sheri at the front desk is always so helpful. Stephani the house keeper always has what you need. I had a reservation so when i arrived my room was ready.

• Stayed October 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you feel like you are coming home when you stay with us. We are glad to have you. I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this year and everything was perfect and all the staff had a great attitude and do whatever they can to be accommodating. For individuals that find themselves in a less than stellar situation I would like to make the following suggestions.
1. Realize this is a public place, not a private home. The staff can only control so much.
2. The staff understands you have been traveling and are tired. Travelers need to understand that the staff work hard to keep things in order, but rarely receive compliments. Most often they received complaints and bad attitudes.
3. Approach the situation and the staff as you would want them to approach you with problems. Common courtesy goes a long way to get the problem solved with everyone feeling positive on the resolution. You get more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your support and your kind words about my staff and property. We will use every review to try to improve our product and our service. Our goal is for everyone to have the same great experience that you had, unfortunately not everyone will, but knowing the problems does help us get better. Thanks again for your support, and your business and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!