“Quick choice, good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Bristol, Virginia
“Quick choice, good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Checked on line and read reviews. Must say I was very pleased. Nothing fancy, just good price, VERY clean room. They now offer 100% smoke free rooms, but could still smell a bit of residual smoke in my room, nothing too bad. Did miss having a hair dryer in the room. VERY comfortable bed and nice pillows that didn't go flat. I opted for the basic room, but the do offer rooms with more amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I like your assessment. Nothing fancy just clean, well maintained rooms with friendly service at a good price. I'm sorry about the odor issue in the room, we will address that as soon as possible. I would also mention that if you stay in our Superior King room it has a hairdryer as well as an iron and board, coffee maker and a microfridge. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

On late notice, we traveled to Huntington, WV for a funeral. The Red Roof Inn (109) was exactly what we needed. Close to Interstate, very clean, and recently remodeled. Room price was below expectation and the front desk service by Gloria was outstanding! She was friendly, knowledgeable and concerned for us to have a good stay. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next visit to Huntington.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and I will pass your comments on to my staff. I'm sorry for your loss and hope that you will visit us again for a better reason. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

long drive from pa to tn. hotel was very dog friendly, quiet and a great value. thanks

My room was spacious and very nice. rates are affordable. staff are very friendly.

Finding the hotel wasn't too hard, and there were alot of places to eat near by

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad we were a good resting place for you on your trip for your family and your pet. I hope to see you again on your next trip through town. Thanks for you business.

Jon Campbell, General Manger.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

When i come to town on business i always stay here. Its close to everything i need and the interstate. Ms. Sheri is always helpful at the front desk and ms. Gloria will always have your reservations ready. Stephany the housekeeper is so nice and willing to help you with anything you may need.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you feel like you are home when you stay with us, that is really our goal. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in town with a friend for a dog show. We made reservations at the Red Roof Inn because it was reasonably price, pet friendly and didn't charge a pet fee. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile and a bottle of water and checked in very quickly by Gloria and Morgan. The property was beautifully landscaped and was well thought out (pea gravel along the sidewalk caught rain and kept the sidewalks clean and dry.

We had some of our old dogs along for the ride and left early to get a downstairs room so they wouldn't have to go up and down stairs. I was blown away at how nice the room was and was thrilled to get one on the back side near the big grassy area that had been recently mowed.

The room was extremely clean and well decorate with enough furniture to be functional without being crowded. The towels were big and soft, the sheets were clean and the beds were as comfortable as at home. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vinyl plank (hardwood) flooring. It was great to walk barefoot around the room and know by the feel it was clean.

The large (32-36"?) flat screen TV was the only in room amenity, but a call to the front desk and I was able to get an iron needed and Morgan offered a Hair Dryer (which I took because it rained the whole time we were there) and Fresh Coffee was available 7-24 at the front desk.

The only improvement I could suggest is to get at least one Dog Waste System for the grassy areas. Most people are good about picking up after their dogs, but the next morning there was a sign on the garbage cans to put dog waste in the dumpster at the far end of the parking lot because of the smell disturbing the other guests (understandably). People were still cleaning up but with all the rain, leaving the bags at the edge of the parking lot. I stopped at the front desk and they were able to find a 5 gal bucket with a lid with a screw off cap that was just the right size for most poop bags they gave me to put in the grassy area. I offered to pay for it but they refused with a smile and said they would just throw it away the next day when all the dogshow people checked out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our new rooms with the wood look. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We are dog lovers and we are glad we could meet your needs as a dog owner. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you at the next dog show.

Durbin, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Note: I was put in the second building, so I'm writing my review as such.

Finding the hotel wasn't too hard, but I was glad I had studied the relevant streetview instead of relying on Google Maps or any of my GPS devices, because they had me coming in the wrong way. There is a Day's Inn in front of the Red Roof, but the Red Roof sign is easily visible. Just enter the road like you're going into the Days in parking lot, and it's obvious how to get in.

Check-in was easy, I had already paid online, so all I had to to was show my drivers license and get my keys. I was given an upper floor room, which is my preference. Since I was staying for a while, they put me in a room with a fridge and microwave, which was nice. It was also nice to be able to check-in without being 21 (you only have to be 18).

The room smelled great when I entered, everything was clean, surprisingly clean actually. I was impressed. All rooms are non-smoking, so it smelled nice. The air conditioner worked well, cooled the room to where I like it (cold), without smelling up the room or making too much noise. (A few of the other A/C units made noise and/or dripped water, so your milage may vary.)

The plumbing was nice, pressure and temperature stayed consistent while taking a long shower, the toilet was a little noisy, but it didn't seem the sort to clog ever, so I don't mind a little noise. The sink was outside of the bathroom, so I could use it while my friend was taking a shower.

The beds seemed clean enough, they were well made, the pillows were soft enough, yet with enough firmness that you didn't sink in them. Since the hotel was behind another hotel, traffic noise was greatly reduced. While I wouldn't want to set up a recording studio in there, it was quiet enough for the lightest sleeper.

There was a nice little desk, with enough outlets to power my laptop and all my chargers. The desk chair was comfortable. I was in the area for an evening event, so I was working all day. I want a chair like that for my office.

I do not watch TV, so I don't have the slightest idea of how the TV was.

The Wi-Fi wasn't good at all. I had trouble connecting some of my devices, and they didn't work well once they did connect. I had to reconnect every time I went away or restarted a device. Sometimes it wouldn't connect until the third or forth time. I was never able to get good speeds out of it.

The staff was great. I didn't get the name of the cleaning lady. I wish I had, she had a great sense of humor, and was very kind. I like to keep my hotel room clean, and I can make my own bed, so it was nice that I could just get soap/TP and exchange towels without having a whole cleaning. It was nicer for all of us.

The lady at the counter, Gloria, was quite helpful. I'm a big coffee fan, so the free coffee wasn't that great in my opinion, but I'm used to fresh-roasted beans freshly ground and made in an AeroPress. The hot water had some coffee grounds in it, so I couldn't make good tea out of it.

The area around the hotel had a lot of businesses. A good close Papa John's and an even closer Little Cæsers made for nice pizza. There was a McDonalds within an easy walking distance without crossing any main roads. Walmart is just a few minutes away. If you need anything, you can find it close by.

Check-out was even easier then check-in. Hand in the two keys, done. Easy as pie.

I'm planning on staying here next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The second building looked nicer than the first. Our upper floor room was nice and quiet, and easy t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the detail and fairness in your review and most importantly, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass this on to my staff. They enjoy hearing from our guests. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My experience was simply amazing! The rooms are spacious and very nice. rates are affordable. Most of the staff are very friendly. My favorite front desk receptionist would have to be sherry. She is the sweetest person you ever could meet!! I have told all my friends and family about them and they are booking with them also!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will pass your comments on to Sherry and the rest of the staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!