“DEFINITELY worth the money” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5190 US Rte 60 East, Huntington, WV 25705   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Morganfield, Kentucky
“DEFINITELY worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

No breakfast, but with the money we saved, we could go out and eat a huge meal.
The furniture was not Ethan Allen, but was comfortable, clean and more than adequate to meet our needs.
If you are looking for a lavish, 5 star motel, then go somewhere and spend hundreds of dollars. If you are looking for a clean, nice, comfortable place at a very reasonable price...........JACKPOT, this is it.
Staff was VERY courteous, helpful, and eager to serve.
Great place.......great!

Room Tip: Go to the Red Roof website and check for discounts.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for your kind words, I couldn't have said it better myself. No frills, but clean comfortable and affordable with a friendly staff. I will pass this on to my staff since they are really the ones responsible for everything that we do right. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This hotel is advertised as #1 in Trip Advisor, but let me give you the lowdown. Although the inside furnishings are decent, the outside area is not what I would call well kept, there are questionable looking people hanging around the balcony all hours of the night (on a Monday night), it is full of truckers who are moving around and leaving at all hours of the night. Of course, all rooms open to the outside so it is not a quiet place. The remote had to have new batteries, the microwave didn't work, there was something all over the carpeting and the front desk clerk was nice enough, but looked like she had slept in her clothing. We were ready to leave with a short night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
I'm very sorry you didnt' get a good night's sleep and that your stay was not acceptable. I know it is upsetting to be disturbed when you sleep by other guests and it can make for a bad stay. I have had my maintenance staff check the issues and the room and I will make sure my staff makes more walks around the property to try to keep other people from being disturbed. Unfortunately, the way our building is designed, we do have exterior doors whch can be a bit noisier than interior corridor hotels. Some people do prefer the convenience of exterior corridors, but they do have some issues that are inherent with these types of rooms. Again, I'm sorry your stay was not up to par. Hopefully, you will give us another chance in the future to do better.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Well, I chose this Red Roof because of the #1 TripAdvisor ranking {they also have a big billboard proudly stating that] and the positive reviews along with the very acceptable price... in that sense, it does provide excellent value... yet while nothing bad happened, there was nothing special, either... so, what makes it #1? not sure... I didn.t care for the mattress at all... thought it was thin and hard, and you could feel the box springs when you sat or laid down... although general location easy to spot off the Interstate (on a motel exit sign plus a gigantic 1000 foot tall tower sign in the sky), once you hit the immediate area, this section is a confusing maze of stores, plazas, roadways, driveways, parking lots... you know it is so tantalizingly near, but which driveway exactly? keep your eye on the sign up in the sky, you'll find it eventually... lol. The clerks were courteous if a bit perfunctory.. but that's fine.. forced smiles would be false anyways, although a little welcome warmth could go a long way,,, The room itself was clean, the bathroom was spotless, refrigerator worked, had a microwave.. TV & remote.. only about 20+ channels, but NICE selection: sports, news, drama, HBO, cartoons, comedy.. something for everyone- No Shopping Channels!! What a relief! There is a safe, but they DO charge for that unless you tell them you won't be using it. Also, I was in the back, but at night there was so much lighting [flood lamps?] in the parking lot, I thought it was a staging area for a lunar launch or something... I liked it.. felt safe.. All in all, I would grade it a solid "B+", and given the pricing, would certainly consider it again... p.s. one clerk knew the area well and gave excellent directions; also, they have handicap equipped rooms available

Room Tip: i registered directly through Red Roof Inc and indicated any special needs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your detailed description and recommendation. I'm sorry that your mattress was not up to par, we are looking at replacing a number of them and I will note this one as needing changed. I understand your confusion finding the property. When we were built 30 years ago, there wasn't much around us, now it has become difficult to find as things have built up. We do have a sign by the road to turn on, but it is a bit high and most people don't look up when they are looking for the road. I will also pass your comments on to my staff, because they are what makes this inn number one in the market and we want to continue to improve. Thanks again for your review and we appreciate your business.
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Perfect place for economical Business travel. Located near the Interstate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. See you next time through.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've stayed at the Huntington Red Roof twice, and had a hard time finding it both times - the entrance is really not marked, and if you turn at the traffic light, you'll end up down a dead-end street. Look for the Days Inn, it's a little closer to the road and the Red Roof is behind it.

Once we got the hotel check-in was easy, and our room was clean and pleasant. No problems with the hotel internet. As we were in town for a dog show, there were a number of people there with dogs - there is a nice place to walk them (though not lighted at night). A good, clean room for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for your review. I enjoy hearing from our pet owners who have been a good part of our business over the years. I apologize for the difficulty finding us, but unfortunately we can't do too much to fix the problem. The hotel in front of us was built about 15 years after Red Roof and though we have a sign at the turn, it is a bit difficult to see when you are driving. Zoning restrictions prohibit us from adding signs that would help direct people to us.

Thank you again for your business and I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope we see you again next year for the dog show.
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here because of a family member in the hospital and the hospital sent us there. I had a discount for the room and when I checked out, was pleasantly surprised that 2 of my 3 nights were cheaper than expected. I don't think too many hotels would charge you a less amount than what you signed for the first day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing from our guests that are referred by the hospitals. We have worked with the local hospitals for a long time and I'm glad they are confident enough to send their patients to us. I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thank you for your business and hopefully next time your in town you will stay with us without having to go to the hospital.
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The location was good and the room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pretty good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for your positive review. We do pride ourselves on a clean comfortable room and it looks like that's what your looking for as well. Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!