“Great Hotel! Great Price!!” 5 of 5 stars

Pullman Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Third Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Mcdonald, ohio
“Great Hotel! Great Price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were traveling with another couple and decided to stop downtown. The Holiday Inn Express was sold out, thank goodness, because the Pullman was a great surprise. Very clean, comfortable rooms, and the staff were more than accommodating to our needs. They definitely went above and beyond!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Macmarsh6264

Keswick, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is nice clean the staff is wonderful and many rooms look out over the radio. It's older but the keep it nice and clean many food options near by and the hotel has a restaurant and bar option also? Sleep number beds help you get a good sleep

Room Tip: Get a room on the 9 or 10 floor for a great view of the river
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank flichick1980
Star City, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff were absolutely outstanding. I was having a problem with my business credit card and they were extremely patient in helping me with my problem.
The room was average and noise from the other rooms were very audibile in my room. The furniture was average. Cost was good and the restaurant was good.
Once again the staff were excellent.

Room Tip: I have stayed in this hotel in the past and i would go back again.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Huntington hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable but we missed having a access to a refrigerator and microwave. Our room was near the outside hotel lights but they switched off around 11pm or maybe midnight. The meeting rooms were comfortable and the banquet food was excellent. Overall, the hotel needs updated but met our needs adequately.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are in Huntington several times a year for club swimming at Marshall University. The Pullman meets all of our needs, close to the Pullman Square complex, as well as Marshall University. The front desk, valet, breakfast staff all go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Rooms have been updated and are roomy, internet is quick and dependable. A great place to stay for a good price

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My overnight stay here was okay.. I had originally booked a room overlooking the pool because I had read somewhere online that said it was quieter there. When my daughter (and her baby) and I got there, the receptionist said that she was going to give us a room in a quieter place closer to the ground floor--third floor. This was okay with me.. She said that if the room wasn't suitable, that we should let her know. When we got to the room, my daughter immediately noticed that the lady had placed us exactly beside the bright lights that light up the hotel.. I knew there would be no sleeping in this room for me. I immediately called the desk, and she said she would send someone up with keys to another room. The bellboy arrived about 5 minutes later with keys to the room next door. This room was okay..
The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were nothing to brag about. The hall smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, but this smell was not in either of the rooms.. The room was clean.. I didn't like the heating system.. It heated the room and then kept heating until I turned it off. The room would get cold, and I would have to get up and turn it on again.. I decided to leave the heat off and sleep in the cold.
The dining room was very nice, and the breakfast was okay.. On the buffet were scrambled eggs, potatoes, two kinds of meat, and biscuits. On the cold bar were yogurt, fruit, and milk..
What I liked best here at the Pullman was the valet parking. We just took our things out of the car and didn't have to worry about a parking place. The Pullman is a good value for the money.. I would like to give it 31/2 stars, but this wasn't available..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank meggieg
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My recent trip to the Pullman Plaza was a very good one. The lobby, valet parking and reception were very nice and welcoming. Our room was clean, and overlooked the river. It was a good location, near restaurants within walking distance, shops, and a movie theatre. I had coupons for a free drink in the bar, and free breakfast the next morning. The hotel is an older hotel, so I did not expect it to be in perfect condition. However, it was certainly nice enough for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Holiday Inn Huntington
Super 8 Huntington
Super 8 Huntington
#4 of 11 in Huntington
3.5 of 5 stars 321 reviews

Been to Pullman Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!