“Wonderful! Went back with family, will be going back soon!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New River Falls Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hinton
New River Falls Lodge
You added New River Falls Lodge to your Saves list
110 Cliff Island Drive, Hinton, WV 25951   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hinton B&B and Inns
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Wonderful! Went back with family, will be going back soon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I could only wish my home was as nice! Beautiful comfy furniture. Everything you could need except groceries! Saved tons of money "cooking in". Beds were comfortable, the view spectacular. Peaceful, full of nature out the back door. Watched a bald eagle flying over the river.
Paul was pleasant and extremely helpful. Went once as a couple, went back with adult family for the best relaxing vacation. Will be going back again in the next few months. Plan on using this as "home" for my adult children and their families, after we move to Hinton, and they come to visit. Can't say enough good about this place!

Room Tip: From what we saw, all of the rooms were very nice. We had no children with us, and did not use a poo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Crozet, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you think you have a reservation by using their web site, think again. The confirmation stated my reservation request was received and to call IF I need anything else. I waited for some sort of response and when I finally called them, not only did they not have anything available they were rude, accused me of yelling at them and then blamed me for them not calling me. I was told they tried to call me three time, which they didn't then they threw away my request. All in all, I am glad the reservation did not work out as I would not want to spend a weekend where the employees are that rude.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We were in "Paddler's Rest" cabin and it was super clean, spacious, and quiet! The bedrooms are spacious with plenty of storage space. The beds are comfortable and linens are provided. The kitchen has everything you need (stove, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, pots & pans, dishes...). If you want to grill there is a new gas grill on the back porch. If you can take your eyes off the fantastic scenery...mountains, river, deer, eagle... you can watch the kids play in the BIG yard while you relax on the porch. It has a nice size living room, but we spent almost all of our time outside enjoying the peace and quiet and fresh air. The cabin also has a book of things to do that is very helpful...rafting, restaurants, grocery store, sightseeing ideas. The staff was also great and very helpful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We thought we had a reservation at another placegot there and the cabin we booked had someone init. After looking at another cabin at the same place & finding bugs and 2 bats in the bathroom we moved on down the road. We decided to pull in at the New river falls lodge, & expecting there would be nothing open, but there was. WOW what a place!! It was very clean, very well stocked with everything you would need, the furniture was beautiful & comfortable, the deck was very nice, gas grills & nice seats with a pretty view of the river. There was picnic tables & porch swing in the big yard. It was a wonderful place to spend the weekend, and we fished a lot right there in the back yard in the canal that fed of the river. Paul was very friendly. The pots & pans, hair dryers, towels were WAY better than you would expect in a hotel, we have all ready recommended this place to 2 of our friends, & we just got back yesterday. A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I and my wife stayed here in a two-bedroom, two-bath cabin with our daughter and husband for a relaxing rural vacation. The cabin is large and fully stocked, has a dishwasher and washer and dryer, and the rooms are large and comfortable. It had a porch looking out on the river about 75 yards away with a lovely grass lawn in between. The porch had a nice gas grill on it as well as a table to eat on. Inside the kitchen had all the plates and utensils you would need as well as a dining table, there was a TV with cable in the living, and Internet access was available. The bedrooms were large and comfortable, and the whole place was very clean.

The lodge had canoes, a rowboat, badminton, croquet, and mountain bikes available for guest use.

The lodge is located 4.5 miles outside of town on a country road, and I recommend you follow the directions to get there, especially if arriving at night. The only negative I could mention is that the selection of restaurants is a bit limited, but, hey, this is not the big city.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

We just returned from a wonderful getaway at New River Falls Lodge in Hinton, WV.

The decision to go there was made quickly, due to the fact that our original anniversary plans were changed at the last minute. Last December we had booked a trip to one of the Sandals properties in Jamaica, but three weeks before we were to go, they closed the property for renovations, and the only option they would give us as an alternative was not acceptable to us. So, we found a brochure that we had picked up somewhere that had new River Falls Lodge in it, and decided that since it was fairly close to us, we would try it.

Many of our friends got a good chuckle when we said we were substituting Hinton, WV for Jamaica!! I can honestly say that Sandals did us a favor by cancelling our original plans! This place is SO relaxing and beautiful!

We took a scenic route going to Hinton, but the return direct route was only three hours (and that included a stop at the Bob Evans in Beckley that took almost an hour...service was VERY slow). We kept saying that we were glad that we weren't having to deal with airlines and international travel.

Paul greeted us as we drove up. Check in was a breeze. He offered us suggestions on things we could do while we were there, and let us know that he was available anytime to help us in any way. The "cabin" was actually a very nice small house, with all the amenities you could ask for...and more.

We explored the surrounding areas during the day, and enjoyed the cabin and the fire by the river that Paul builds every evening.

We toured both Bluestone and Pipestem State Parks, as well as a lovely drive around the southeastern part of the state. We enjoyed a wonderful anniversary diinner at the Mountain Creek Lodge down in the gorge at Pipestem. The ride down on the tram was beautiful, and the deer walking around outside the window during dinner were fun to watch. The food was excellent , with large portions. Yes...it is pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. The ride back up the mountain in total darkness was interesting to say the least!

The only negative that I can find to say about New River Falls Lodge is something that they have no control over. The water coming out of the faucets has a strong odor, which I believe is sulphur. This is a common problem with water in remote areas like this though.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a wonderfully relaxing vacation, while enjoying all of what nature has to offer!

• Liked — Location, location, location...absolutely beautiful!
  • Disliked — The odor in the water, but it wouldn't keep us from returning.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mountain View, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My sister and I wanted a relaxing vacation in a beautiful place. For a variety of reasons, we chose West Virginia. The New River Falls Lodge was everything we could have hoped for. We had planned an active vacation, but my sister got a bad cold, so we just lazed around most days. It was a wonderful place for that. The "cottage" we stayed in is larger than my 3-bedroom condo at home, and everything was nice and new. The views were beautiful. I loved just sitting on the swing reading and staring at the river. In addition to the beauty of the place, the host, Paul, is just wonderful. He keeps the place spotless and is always ready with the information you might need.
The lodge is located about 5 miles down a country road, outside of Hinton, WV (and DO NOT follow Google map's instructions to get there; they led us quite astray!), but we didn't mind the drive at all. Besides that, it was easy to get from the Lodge to Beckley, Pipestem Park (maybe 20 minutes), and the New River Gorge Bridge (about an hour).
I recommend renting a cottage, as it's about the same price as the B&B, and allows you to cook your own food. This is because there are only 5 restaurants in Hinton: a Barbeque place (which was great!), two "family restaurants" (we only tried one, and it wasn't great), a Dairy Queen, a McDonalds, and a Pizza Hut. Cooking our own food was not only inexpensive, it also allowed us to eat what we wanted.
A brief explanation of pictures I'm posting: Because the cottage was not available for the whole time we stayed, we stayed at the B&B also. I didn't think about taking pictures until the last day we were there (when we were in the B&B), and by then our bedroom was too messy to photograph. But I am posting a couple of the view and the common rooms in the B&B.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to New River Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!