“Busy location, but worth the wait” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Hinton
Cuisines: American
Southeast, Michigan
“Busy location, but worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It seems slow times are rare at this DQ, and for good reason! The variety of meals offered by this Dairy Queen is a nice surprise. The hotdogs are so good, their sign used to read "Home of those delicious hotdogs". I tried their cheeseburger this go around and was pleasantly surprised at how perfectly cooked the burger was. The lettuce and tomato were also incredibly fresh and really tasty. The fries were hot each time we placed an order too. And of course, the ice cream is worth the wait alone. If you ever find yourself traveling through Summers County in Hinton, West Virginia, be sure to check out this quaint place that overlooks the New River. The peaceful scenery and good food will bring you back again and again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Max Meadows, Virginia
“Hotdogs and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This isn't your by the side of the interstate DQ. Great spot for cheeseburgers and hotdogs. The view is great, right beside the river. The dowside is its a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Higher quality food than a normal DQ.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Not your Ordinary DQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A DQ with a View! It is situated directly on the banks of the New River, across from Hinton. The seating is very clean and inviting with huge glass windows to enjoy the sites of the river and large island. Watch closely and you may see dear on the island, mallard ducks and geese swimming on the water. The restaurant has you typical selections of fast food, but also many home-style meal choices, including breakfast. Of course, they have all of the normal DQ ice creams, etc.

Visited May 2013
Goode, Virginia
“Dairy Queen - Hinton WVA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Its the best Dairy Queen around. Atmosphere looking over the river is beautiful. Food is always good and service is normal. Very busy!

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Watch out for "DQ LAW"...SMH”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went to get blizzards & I asked if they could add almonds to mine and told the girl I didn't mind paying extra for it. I was told NO they cannot add to or take anything out of a blizzard. REALLY?? First I have heard of this and have never been told anything like that. I asked for the manager (no one had on a name badge so I have no idea if the girl that came over was really a manager or not & I really hope she wasn't) the girl that came over looked horrible, I don't think she had brushed her teeth in months and she just didn't look well kept but anyways I asked her why you could not pay extra for almonds to be added to a blizzard and I was told it was against DQ LAW and that they fall under DQ LAW (I laugh as I type that) according to her it is against DQ LAW to add or remove anything from a blizzard. Needless to say I walked out without a blizzard. On my way back to NC we stopped in Fort Chiswell, VA and I asked the ladies at that Dairy Queen and they all laughed and said they had never heard of anything like that. The manager there told me that the people at the other was either not trained correctly, lazy or just mean. They were great at the VA one. No more Hinton DQ for me!!!

• Visited May 2013