“Best getaway ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Road Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hico
Country Road Cabins
1508 Sunday Road, Hico, WV 25854   |
“Best getaway ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We were so happy with our stay at Country Road Cabins that we are already planning another stay there. We could not have asked for a more romantic setting and refreshing atmosphere. Thank you Country Road! We needed that weekend!

• Stayed March 2013

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in the Northpointe this past weekend and it was a perfect way to spend a relaxing weekend. I highly recommend country road cabins- they really thought of everything to make our stay enjoyable including wifi access, cable, linens were included, logs already cut and ready for our fire, a wonderful grill, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

With this being my first time my boyfriend and I vacationed together, I think we did an amazing job at picking the right people to give us just what we needed. We stayed in Almost Heaven and the name definitley suited the cabin. We were both excited just to be going away alone together, but once we walked in the cabin, we both stopped and our eyes just grew wide. It was more than we ever expected. It was a wonderful trip and we actually plan to visit again this coming June with our friends to have a get away trip for all of us. This may be our annual vacation trip for years to come with how happy I was with everything. It was more than we wanted and I'm glad I got to have the experience. Thank you Country Road Cabins. See you soon. :)

Room Tip: If any couples are wanting a close, romantic getaway for just the two. I recommend Almost Heaven by...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a way to celebrate your 50th birthday!! My awesome Andy of 7 years surprised me with a trip to Country Road Cabins. It was a great surprise!! When we pulled into the cabin, it was getting dark and the cabin was decorated with Christmas lights, it was just beautiful. As I went up to the front porch I noticed rose petals were leading up the stairs, across the porch, through the living room into the bedroom...there was a very big heart shape on the bed made of rose petals....what a surprise!!! Andy even arranged to cook steaks for us that night. There was even lots of food in the frig for breakfast. The chocolate eclairs were out of this world!! There was a gift basket on the table with lots of chocolates, coffee and yes a bottle of Champagne! AWESOME!! After dinner we got in the hot tub.....it was so relaxing....We will definitely go back in the future. Thanks to everyone who put together all of this to make my birthday at the cabin with Andy a very memorable one!!

Room Tip: I would suggest that everyone stay at Country Road Cabins, awesome!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manati, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I would just like to say that we really enjoyed our stay in the cabin, Insignificant last week! I especially appreciate the help I received over the telephone, assisting me to locate the cabin at nearly 10pm. It was dark , foggy, and rainy. And, after driving 7+ hours, 3-4 bathroom & meal stops, as well as trying to keep the little ones entertained and comfortable, I was very grateful to have such courteous telephone assistance.

Again, thank you and all your staff for making our holiday such a special one. My nieces and nephews enjoyed many 1st time events: seeing snow, building a snowman, eating snow cream & making smores, and skiing at Winterplace! This was one of the best Christmas Holidays I have had!!

Stephanie Hudson

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Country Road Cabins is such a great place, and Amber is extremely friendly and accomodating. I talked with her about reserving a cabin (Valley View) for a Saturday. All of the one bedroom cabins were booked so she let us have the 2 bedroom for the same price. It was an absolutely gorgeous cabin. So clean. Wood fireplace. Clean hot tub. Just awesome. I told her that I wanted to set up a proposal in the cabin and wondered if it would be ok to come down the day before and set things up. (about a 2.5 hr drive) She had no problem with this at all and even let me take the key with me so that on our return trip (with my girlfriend with me) it could be a complete surprise and the check-in process would have sort of ruined that. I reserved my then girlfriend for saturday Dec. 15 2012, and told her we were going to take a trip, but that's all I told her. Luckily, the mid-decemeber weather cooperated for us and it was a real nice day. So we took a look at Gauley Falls, hawks nest, went to Grist Mill, checked out Fayetteville, then took a decent hike out to a beautiful scenic point near the New River Gorge Bridge. Awesome day, but my then girlfriend had no idea what else I had in store. We were both tired, and I was nervous and tired for obvious reasons. We got back on the road to go home and turned on to Sunday Road where the cabins are located. The cabins are just about a mile off of route 60 and just a few minutes from the New River Gorge Bridge and Fayetteville. She was wondering what in the world I was doing as I turned into the Valley View cabin. We got out, walked up and she looked in the window and saw the piano and flowers that I had brought down the day before through the glass. She literally still had no idea we would be staying and said "wow look at how they decorate these cabins that's beautiful." With my hand shaking, I took the key Amber let me have and opened the door and asked her if she wanted to come in. Long story short... we made a fire, hot chocolate, I played the piano, got on one knee with a lilly (her favorite flower) and she said yes! Perfect place. Just flat out perfect. So now we are looking into staying a few nights here in October for a mini-honeymoon because we are getting married just down the road at the Confluence Resort. I couldn't be more happy that I chose country road cabins. It could end up being an anniversary trip every year to test them all out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our 4th stay at CRC. Each time we have stayed in a different cabin, and everyone has been great. The cabins have everything anyone could need. Valley View had a actual wood burning fireplace, which was rather cozy on a cold winter night. The separation between cabins is just right. Hot tub under the covered deck is very relaxing. Also, the staff is always very easy to work with on getting a cabin at the last minute. Can't wait to be there again!

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Road Cabins? Share your experiences!