“Wonderful wedding experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Resort and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Creekside Resort and Spa
196 Creekside Drive, Greenville, WV 24945   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Greenville
“Wonderful wedding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a great place for a destination wedding. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Kelley made everything very easy as both of us are not from the area. The place is cozy, the food is wonderful and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a wedding or just a great getaway experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Ashby, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am the mother of the bride and I am completely impressed with Creekside Resort and Spa. Except for the rain, everything went as planned. Working with our wedding planner, Kelley Sills, who is so organized and made the entire process a pleasure. Everyone at Creekside was so nice and helpful. All accommodations were lovely and the food is great. The spa services were also enjoyable. The bonfire and wish boats on Indian Creek were very special. It is a very beautiful venue and the wedding weekend was so relaxing and our guests were very complimentary of my daughters wedding. Maggie and Rick said it was perfect!

Sylvia Kennedy McCort

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at Creekside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your appreciation of your daughter's wedding at Creekside. It was a real pleasure for us to be a part of Maggie and Rick's special weekend and we are so glad that you take many happy memories of that time here. Thanks again for honoring us with such a special event!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The setting in beautiful WV, accommodations in the Farmhouse, hospitality from everyone at Creekside, meals beyond delicious, and the beautiful outdoor wedding were all wonderful. We felt welcome from the moment we arrived and totally enjoyed our stay at Creekside. Yes, Martha Stewart, Creekside made a perfect wedding weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your time here at Creekside! We do love helping with to make a perfect wedding weekend. We know those memories will be very special ones in the years to come. It was our pleasure to be a part of this special event and we hope you will come visit again!
Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found Creekside by doing a web search as we were looking for a weekend getaway. We stayed in one of the cottages and it was truly wonderful. We drove from Nicholasville, KY about 5 hours. We had a wonderful dinner that was ready in our cottage when we got there. The next morning we were greeted by Gail and Gary who immediately made us feel like we were family. Breakfast was amazing. We then had a couples massage by Angie and it was the best massage I have had. We hiked a couple of the trails. There are no tvs or cell service in the cottages but that was fine. If you want a truly relaxing trip with wonderful people to host you we recommend Creekside. We plan to ride our motorcycle over next spring and stay. From: E & A Reese

Room Tip: Any room is great but the cottages are more private and some have hot tubs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your appreciation of Creekside! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed everything so much and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the spring! Thanks again for coming!
New Kent, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

we went to Creekside for our anniversary, to spend a long weekend together relaxing, it was great. our cabin was nice and cozy , nestled in the woods, with a hot tub which we enjoyed each evening, we enjoyed hiking to the fire tower , with wonderful weather we could see for miles and miles. our couples massages were amazing as well. I have gained a new appreciation for just how beautiful West Virginia really is and how nice the people were that we met , we were both impressed. thanks for the great time Creekside.

Room Tip: we stayed in the spruce knoll cottage, which we loved , we saw deer every evening on our way in and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thanks so much! We are so glad to know that you had such a good weekend! We will look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I revisited Creekside for our 5th wedding anniversary after having our wedding there in 2008. We have hectic lives, and the opportunity to relax, unplug and revel in the beautiful surroundings was just what we were looking for. We stayed in Redbud Cottage and enjoyed spending a few warm, sunny afternoons reading and napping on the deck, hiking the trails, listening to the birds and the creeks and just being still. Opting to have dinners delivered to our cabin was the right choice and offered the perfect opportunity to linger over wonderful, wholesome meals in a truly intimate setting. I cannot recommend Creekside enough for those looking to truly escape the busy-ness of day-to-day life. Just marvelous.

Room Tip: Even into mid-to-late June and as early as the first of September, nights in the mountains can get c...
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We are so glad to know that your anniversary stay was so enjoyable! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and to let us know the points that made it especially memorable. We look forward to having you as our guests again at Creekside!
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I only had the opportunity to stay at Creekside for one night, while on a business trip, but it was a night well spent. The location is in a beautiful area in West Virginia. Being off the beaten path, it's easy to forget about life in the "real world." It was so quiet and peaceful; you only hear the sounds and see the sights of nature that have been lost in far too many places.

I stayed in the Farmhouse Inn, the main house of the resort. It was clean, tastefully designed and well-furnished. I was the only one staying in this space, so again, it was very quiet. I spent a few hours outside in the evening chatting with a few other guests who were staying on the grounds. We sat out on the patio area during this time, and even decided to have our dinner there, as the weather was beautiful. While we ate, several deer payed a visit to the grounds to get dinner for themselves.

Speaking of dinner, it was fantastic. I had a fresh salad, that I can only assume came from the organic garden on the grounds. Additionally, I had a vegetable lasagna and finished my meal with some delicious apple cake. Since I was leaving early the next morning for work, a breakfast basket was prepared for me with a variety of baked goods, orange juice, fruit, and a serving of the best baked oatmeal I ever had.

Gail and Gary, the owners, were fantastic as well. They were extremely helpful from booking through my checkout. There were several emails sent to me prior to my visit with all the directions and information I needed to know for my arrival. Since I was arriving during their off hours, they prepared a binder for me that got me to my room and settled in until we had a chance to meet later in the evening.

If you are interested in connecting with the outside world during your stay, cell service is spotty. I was told that only some cell service work there. However, there is a public phone that anyone can access if needed at no cost. In addition, the Farmhouse Inn has wifi. I don't believe this is true for all the outer houses. But since you come by the Farmhouse for meals, and any other time you want to, it shouldn't be an inconvenience.

Overall, I have absolutely no complaints. I would HIGHLY recommend this place if you're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideResort, Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
It does take more than a short stay to appreciate all the lovely things about Creekside. Thanks for sharing your experiences and we hope that you will come again when you can stay longer!

Been to Creekside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!