“Wonderful weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Resort and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Creekside Resort and Spa
Save Saved
You added Creekside Resort and Spa to your Saves list
196 Creekside Drive, Greenville, WV 24945   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Greenville
Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States
“Wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found Creekside by doing a web search as we were looking for a weekend getaway. We stayed in one of the cottages and it was truly wonderful. We drove from Nicholasville, KY about 5 hours. We had a wonderful dinner that was ready in our cottage when we got there. The next morning we were greeted by Gail and Gary who immediately made us feel like we were family. Breakfast was amazing. We then had a couples massage by Angie and it was the best massage I have had. We hiked a couple of the trails. There are no tvs or cell service in the cottages but that was fine. If you want a truly relaxing trip with wonderful people to host you we recommend Creekside. We plan to ride our motorcycle over next spring and stay. From: E & A Reese

Room Tip: Any room is great but the cottages are more private and some have hot tubs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your appreciation of Creekside! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed everything so much and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the spring! Thanks again for coming!

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Kent, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

we went to Creekside for our anniversary, to spend a long weekend together relaxing, it was great. our cabin was nice and cozy , nestled in the woods, with a hot tub which we enjoyed each evening, we enjoyed hiking to the fire tower , with wonderful weather we could see for miles and miles. our couples massages were amazing as well. I have gained a new appreciation for just how beautiful West Virginia really is and how nice the people were that we met , we were both impressed. thanks for the great time Creekside.

Room Tip: we stayed in the spruce knoll cottage, which we loved , we saw deer every evening on our way in and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thanks so much! We are so glad to know that you had such a good weekend! We will look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I revisited Creekside for our 5th wedding anniversary after having our wedding there in 2008. We have hectic lives, and the opportunity to relax, unplug and revel in the beautiful surroundings was just what we were looking for. We stayed in Redbud Cottage and enjoyed spending a few warm, sunny afternoons reading and napping on the deck, hiking the trails, listening to the birds and the creeks and just being still. Opting to have dinners delivered to our cabin was the right choice and offered the perfect opportunity to linger over wonderful, wholesome meals in a truly intimate setting. I cannot recommend Creekside enough for those looking to truly escape the busy-ness of day-to-day life. Just marvelous.

Room Tip: Even into mid-to-late June and as early as the first of September, nights in the mountains can get c...
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We are so glad to know that your anniversary stay was so enjoyable! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and to let us know the points that made it especially memorable. We look forward to having you as our guests again at Creekside!
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I only had the opportunity to stay at Creekside for one night, while on a business trip, but it was a night well spent. The location is in a beautiful area in West Virginia. Being off the beaten path, it's easy to forget about life in the "real world." It was so quiet and peaceful; you only hear the sounds and see the sights of nature that have been lost in far too many places.

I stayed in the Farmhouse Inn, the main house of the resort. It was clean, tastefully designed and well-furnished. I was the only one staying in this space, so again, it was very quiet. I spent a few hours outside in the evening chatting with a few other guests who were staying on the grounds. We sat out on the patio area during this time, and even decided to have our dinner there, as the weather was beautiful. While we ate, several deer payed a visit to the grounds to get dinner for themselves.

Speaking of dinner, it was fantastic. I had a fresh salad, that I can only assume came from the organic garden on the grounds. Additionally, I had a vegetable lasagna and finished my meal with some delicious apple cake. Since I was leaving early the next morning for work, a breakfast basket was prepared for me with a variety of baked goods, orange juice, fruit, and a serving of the best baked oatmeal I ever had.

Gail and Gary, the owners, were fantastic as well. They were extremely helpful from booking through my checkout. There were several emails sent to me prior to my visit with all the directions and information I needed to know for my arrival. Since I was arriving during their off hours, they prepared a binder for me that got me to my room and settled in until we had a chance to meet later in the evening.

If you are interested in connecting with the outside world during your stay, cell service is spotty. I was told that only some cell service work there. However, there is a public phone that anyone can access if needed at no cost. In addition, the Farmhouse Inn has wifi. I don't believe this is true for all the outer houses. But since you come by the Farmhouse for meals, and any other time you want to, it shouldn't be an inconvenience.

Overall, I have absolutely no complaints. I would HIGHLY recommend this place if you're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CreeksideResort, Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
It does take more than a short stay to appreciate all the lovely things about Creekside. Thanks for sharing your experiences and we hope that you will come again when you can stay longer!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I cannot think of anything that would have made our experience at Creekside more enjoyable. It was so lovely not to have to worry about a thing. The attention to detail and the service were superior!!! We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, and took full advantage of the peace and serenity of the property. Our trip to Creekside will not be forgotten....& we'll most definitely be back again someday...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that the peace and serenity of Creekside were just what you needed! Come again when you need another dose!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The Farmhouse was cozy. All the guests were friendly.
FOOD just outstanding!
The area has a lot of variety in activities! My MiniCooper & I had a great time motoring on those WV roads!!
The Farmhouse was cozy and warmly appointed. Every staff member was very helpful and tried hard to assist us in enjoying our trip. The area is beautiful with trails and stream. The cottages had families who returned often for reunions.
Just a wonderful atmosphere to relax and unwind! No TV, no phone, no STRESS!

• Stayed July 2013
CreeksideResort, General Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are ALL so glad to know that you found your time at Creekside so relaxing and enjoyable! Please do come again soon! We know with the MiniCooper getting here is also part of the fun!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Creekside. Gail went above and beyond to make sure our dinner was perfect. The food was organic and most of it came from the resort. They even surprised us with a bottle of champagne. It was simply delicious. The smell from the kitchen when food was cooking took me back in time when I was a child at my Grandmother's house. The breakfast that is prepared daily is the best we have ever had at a bed and breakfast.My husband enjoyed the fully stocked pond. That is were he spent several hours. The hiking trails are clearly marked and breathtaking. My massage at the Spa was one of the best I have ever had. There are no words to describe the beauty of the resort. This is something you have to see to actually appreciate. Thank you Creekside Resort for helping us create memories we will never forget. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CreeksideResort, Manager at Creekside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are so glad to know that you had such a memorable anniversary celebration---and we're so happy that we could help! Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you to Creekside again!

Been to Creekside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!