“Alternative to Princeton, WV” 3 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Ghent
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Odd Rd, Ghent, WV 25843   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ghent
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Alternative to Princeton, WV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everything in Princeton, WV was booked and we needed a place to stop for the night. Price was $60 for 2 queens and it seemed inexpensive for motels along I77. We understood the pricing better once we arrived. You have to transverse a parking lot for an Adult Superstore to get to the property. There is no discernible driveway for the motel through this parking lot and the lot looks like the surface of the moon due to the pot holes and craters that cover the complete lot. The room we were assigned was clean enough. So in summary, our room and shower were adequate for the price if you can over look the obvious distractions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am andthen08's friend. I have something to clarify.
(1) Firstly, I have lived many hotels. The check-out time is usually 12pm, 1pm or 2pm. Your hotel's check-out time is 11am! That is the earliest one I have ever met in my whole life. You really enlarged my knowledge. Thank you.
(2) Secondly, the smell was not because of me or my friend. I admitted that we used that microwave, but only once. There was one American guy who had brown hair and aged about 20 used that microwave about 5min before us. The smell and all the dirty was made by him. If you did not see him or believe me, please check the lobby monitor. I am honest. Even though it's not our fault, we stopped eating anything when you were angry. You just account all the fault and unhappiness to us. During our stay, less than 10 people came to your hotel. We did not influence any of your business.
(3) Thirdly, we were not planned in advance to stay in the lobby. My ankle was hurt on Sat. skiing. We planed to ski two days. Unfortunately, we cannot.
(4) At last, if you have time to argue this, please think more about how to treat customers and how to improve the hotel quality. If you still gonna argue these things, I think you will lose more customers. One last suggestion, always treat your customers POLITELY. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friends and I lived here for two nights. After we checked out, we just want to stay in the lobby for some time. However, the boss is quite upset and didn't want us to stay. The boss is quit rude, so please don not choose this hotel if you have other choices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CHANDRESH P, Manager at Knights Inn Ghent, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your view.As far as i am concern you have stayed in the lobby up 5pm after checkout at 11am,I have been cleaning the lobby and you kept on making it dirty and warming your food in microwave and whole lobby was smelling with funny meat smell,when lobby smells with food other guest are complaing.You have planned in advance to stay in lobby as your friends went for ski in the morning.Please note that we have to conduct our business and we do not want every one to listen what we talk to oter guest.I am sorry for the inconviniaces caused to you.
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

En route home from SC. Stopped for the night. Everything in Princeton, WV was booked. Price was $60 for 2 queens and it had started to pour. Room was clean enough, so we stopped and took the room. Liked that it had a large fridge/freezer to store our foods from our cooler.

During the night, 2 times someone tried opening our door. Drunk? who knows? But then they were very noisy in the hallway and had me on edge. If you book, hopefully you won't get a room overlooking the Adult SuperStore! We had a view of cows in a pasture, which was much nicer.

Lobby is smelly and dirty. But our room and shower were adequate for the price. Breakfast comes with the room, but it is so bad you will want to drive to the next exit and get a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a view other than those overlooking the Adult SuperStore!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I work on the road so I stay in a lot of hotels. I was skeptical about this place at first but was pleasantly surprised! The road in could use some work but the front desk was excellent & the rooms were great! My room was very clean, the air was great, fridge in room & tv was a good size! You didn't even know the adult bookstore was next door...no noise or trouble whatsoever! For the price, this is a wonderful hotel....I would recommend giving it a chance!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ellijay, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked a room at this motel on the internet. When we arrived, the reality was far different. There was no paved access to the motel, only a large gravel parking lot full of pot holes. It shares the parking lot with an adult bookstore. The lobby and the room we were shown smelled of smoke. We didn't feel safe and did not stay there.

Room Tip: Read the reviews carefully.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Ghent? Share your experiences!