“terrible hotel and terrible boss” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Ghent
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Odd Rd, Ghent, WV 25843   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ghent
Raleigh, North Carolina
“terrible hotel and terrible boss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friends and I lived here for two nights. After we checked out, we just want to stay in the lobby for some time. However, the boss is quite upset and didn't want us to stay. The boss is quit rude, so please don not choose this hotel if you have other choices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CHANDRESH P, Manager at Knights Inn Ghent, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your view.As far as i am concern you have stayed in the lobby up 5pm after checkout at 11am,I have been cleaning the lobby and you kept on making it dirty and warming your food in microwave and whole lobby was smelling with funny meat smell,when lobby smells with food other guest are complaing.You have planned in advance to stay in lobby as your friends went for ski in the morning.Please note that we have to conduct our business and we do not want every one to listen what we talk to oter guest.I am sorry for the inconviniaces caused to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

En route home from SC. Stopped for the night. Everything in Princeton, WV was booked. Price was $60 for 2 queens and it had started to pour. Room was clean enough, so we stopped and took the room. Liked that it had a large fridge/freezer to store our foods from our cooler.

During the night, 2 times someone tried opening our door. Drunk? who knows? But then they were very noisy in the hallway and had me on edge. If you book, hopefully you won't get a room overlooking the Adult SuperStore! We had a view of cows in a pasture, which was much nicer.

Lobby is smelly and dirty. But our room and shower were adequate for the price. Breakfast comes with the room, but it is so bad you will want to drive to the next exit and get a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a view other than those overlooking the Adult SuperStore!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I work on the road so I stay in a lot of hotels. I was skeptical about this place at first but was pleasantly surprised! The road in could use some work but the front desk was excellent & the rooms were great! My room was very clean, the air was great, fridge in room & tv was a good size! You didn't even know the adult bookstore was next door...no noise or trouble whatsoever! For the price, this is a wonderful hotel....I would recommend giving it a chance!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ellijay, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked a room at this motel on the internet. When we arrived, the reality was far different. There was no paved access to the motel, only a large gravel parking lot full of pot holes. It shares the parking lot with an adult bookstore. The lobby and the room we were shown smelled of smoke. We didn't feel safe and did not stay there.

Room Tip: Read the reviews carefully.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

While traveling to NY, we stayed the night. The hotel is located off the road next to an Adult Bookstore. In the rear of the parking lot, is the hotel. The drive has holes and a lot of mud and not much lighting. The side door at the end of the hotel didn't work with our key card, so we had to walk around the bldg. And go back inside to enter the lobby. Entering the front door, smells really bad. And it gets worse until you reach the stairs. We brought our own pillows, I took the bed spread and the pillows off. And the beds are kinda stiff. The bathroom is clean, which is a plus. We checked out early and avoided the brkfast..Would stay again, if we have too.. When paying $42 a night you get what you pay for.. A Cheap room!

• Stayed July 2013
Alfred, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Excellent location directly off the highway. The driveway coming in is a bit bumpy but understand the hotel does not own it and nothing can be done. it's a common drive. Big deal. Been on bumpier roads! There is as adult bookstore next to the hotel. You wouldn't even know what the place was except for a sign. It's just a cinder block building. No worries about it what so ever. Brought my 13 year old with me and he never knew what the building was. Nice basic room for the money. Older hotel, not all new and shiny but I go for value and I got my value here. Yes, there were some stains on the carpet and such, but that is to be expected from an older building. Room was very clean, smelled clean, bathroom shiny. I used to work in a hotel so I check things out pretty good and I'm a stickler for a clean bathroom! I found the room to meet all my criteria and was totally satisified. Continental breakfast is just that. Muffins, juice, coffee, bagels, cream cheese, just what I look for in a continental breakfast. If you want a full meal, go to a restaurant. Continental breakfast is just the basics designed to give you a quick bite before heading out. Everything was nice and fresh! Would def. stay here again and would recommend it to my family and friends. Can't beat it for the price. Would much rather stay here than pay over a hundred dollars for a room miles down the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Ghent? Share your experiences!