“Place for the night, cheap!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Knights Inn Ghent to your Saves list
Knights Inn Ghent
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Odd Rd, Ghent, WV 25843   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ghent
“Place for the night, cheap!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

While traveling to NY, we stayed the night. The hotel is located off the road next to an Adult Bookstore. In the rear of the parking lot, is the hotel. The drive has holes and a lot of mud and not much lighting. The side door at the end of the hotel didn't work with our key card, so we had to walk around the bldg. And go back inside to enter the lobby. Entering the front door, smells really bad. And it gets worse until you reach the stairs. We brought our own pillows, I took the bed spread and the pillows off. And the beds are kinda stiff. The bathroom is clean, which is a plus. We checked out early and avoided the brkfast..Would stay again, if we have too.. When paying $42 a night you get what you pay for.. A Cheap room!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alfred, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Excellent location directly off the highway. The driveway coming in is a bit bumpy but understand the hotel does not own it and nothing can be done. it's a common drive. Big deal. Been on bumpier roads! There is as adult bookstore next to the hotel. You wouldn't even know what the place was except for a sign. It's just a cinder block building. No worries about it what so ever. Brought my 13 year old with me and he never knew what the building was. Nice basic room for the money. Older hotel, not all new and shiny but I go for value and I got my value here. Yes, there were some stains on the carpet and such, but that is to be expected from an older building. Room was very clean, smelled clean, bathroom shiny. I used to work in a hotel so I check things out pretty good and I'm a stickler for a clean bathroom! I found the room to meet all my criteria and was totally satisified. Continental breakfast is just that. Muffins, juice, coffee, bagels, cream cheese, just what I look for in a continental breakfast. If you want a full meal, go to a restaurant. Continental breakfast is just the basics designed to give you a quick bite before heading out. Everything was nice and fresh! Would def. stay here again and would recommend it to my family and friends. Can't beat it for the price. Would much rather stay here than pay over a hundred dollars for a room miles down the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Knights Inn Ghent is one place to pass on by if you can. Pleasant manager and check-in, and while I was not expecting much, it was comparable to most dorm rooms I have visited. Hard mattress, over-worn furnishings, warped doors etc. etc. Had to make this stop because previous exits were sold out and availability was at Knights, and now I know why...

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The adult bookstore has nothing to do with the inn. It's just a windowless cinder block building. It's not like they advertise, except for the sign saying "adult superstore". If not for that, you'd never know what it was!

The rooms are very, very basic. They are, however, clean and I believe a bit overpriced for just a bed, TV and a shower. The place does not reek of cigarette smoke. If it reeks of anything, it's cleaning products.

Besides being overpriced, they apparently think that two towels are plenty for a room that sleeps four. When my husband, daughters and I stayed, we asked the housekeeper for another towel. She said she would have to ask the manager, then said that we would have to pay an additional $4 for one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CHANDRESH P, General Manager at Knights Inn Ghent, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to bring our attantion your experiance during your stay with us.
I would like to appologis for the inconviniaces.We assure you to give our best services during your nexy stay and we will not give you chance to have any complain.Usally we keep 2 towels in the room but we keep extra towel as per the number of people on the reservation.we usally get problems when guest do not write correct number of guest in the room when they make reservations online.

once again thank you for your time to give us your feed back.
Statesville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked a room over a month in a half in advance, the next day we had a family emergency, we was not able to make the trip we was planning. less than 24 hours after booking the room i call to cancel and they said that they would not give me my money back i would still be charged the full amount if i showed or did not show.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CHANDRESH P, General Manager at Knights Inn Ghent, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
your booking was under SSP code Which you book 7 days in advabnce to get 15% discount and this reservation can not be canclled and we are not suppose to give any refund.if you look at your confirmation email you will find all the details.

sorry for any inconviniances.

C.J PATEL
GENERAL MANAGER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Very Nice clean I would come back it's also safe the doors have a 3 different locks cable TV continental breakfast bagels w/cream cheese orange juice oatmeal all different kinds microwave little refrigerator Aircondition and heat Internet

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking time to put your review,I assure you will get the better service when you stay with us next time.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Place used to be decent until taken over by some people from India. The hotel is dirty and smells like pungent food all over, even in the rooms. If you fail to check out by 11 am the manager will call and bark at you. Do yourself the favor and drive five miles down to Princeton and stay in a clean hotel. This place is a DIVE!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Knights Inn Ghent? Share your experiences!