“Great family fun!!” 4 of 5 stars

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great family fun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We have been to a few tubing places and this had been the best one yet. We went on a Sunday and it was a little crowded but the line moved quickly. Having the 4 hr session was great cause it gave you time to stop if you want and go inside to warm up with some hot cocoa or food. We had kids from 6yrs-15yrs old and they all had a blast. We are already planning our next trip back:)

9 attraction reviews
“$10.66 Per Tube Ride”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I thought I would take my son for a fun time for President's weekend at Winterplace. I drove to my mother's house and went to Winterplace for a Saturday afternoon tube adventure. After arriving, I was told that my mother could go to the Mountain House to relax while my son and I tubed. The Mountain House was anything but relaxing. It's jammed full of tables and resembled more like a high school cafeteria. You couldn't move and she ended up waiting for us in the car. Also, I called before I left the house to see if there were lockers to rent. Let's just say that I'm glad my mother came to take the rest of our stuff to the car. The amount of lockers are pathetic. The costs for a 1 to 5pm tube ticket was $32.00. The lines were so bad, that literally in the time it took to get to the lift to take you to the top, you only got to ride three times. Therefore, the value that I got from my son and I was three times down a mountain at $10.66 per ride--incredibly overpriced for a 15 second thrill. I would suggest that they take reservations and increase the amount of the ticket. It's just too expensive and the amount of frustration that one gets while waiting in line could be negated by changing the business model. The tube ride itself is fun, but the wait in line, price, and the lodge is totally lacking. I would not recommend--unless you have time to spare in the cold. I would suggest that you go during the middle of the week.

Indiana
5 attraction reviews
“FUN PLACE TO SNOWTUBE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my husband and I first time to ever come here. We were so impressed by the beautiful scenery, and the attentiveness of the employees. The gal who sold us our snowtubing ticket was very friendly and helpful to us. All of the guys and gals supervising the snowtubing area were friendly, and spoke with us everytime we went on the elevator belt, and asked us if we were enjoying ourselves.

The employees also enforced rules when someone tried to walk up the elevator lift even though the signs CLEARLY stated to stand still. It was nice to know they were spot on with their responsibilities. The snowtube lanes were well groomed, and we never once felt like it was not safe. We laughed and enjoyed ourselves the entire afternoon. $28 for a 4 hour session is very reasonable for a great day on the slopes! If we were younger, we might have lasted the entire 4 hours, but we sure had fun for the 2 hours we did hold up!

Gadsden, Alabama
“A GREAT weekend with 6 kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking 6 teenagers to Winterplace Ski Resort for my son's birthday, Jan. 31, Feb 1,2,3, 2013. Our first time there, I had called ahead and spoke to Kristie about renting equipment, lift tickets.....she was so helpful and kind. She told me that if we got there before 8pm, we could stop by and get our equipment and lift tickets for the next day. We took her up on that too. The staff was wonderful and very helpful! The resort was making snow that Friday morning and evening but we had the afternoon without the machines. All day Sat & Sun was all free of the machines too. The skiing was great and the staff on the slopes were really kind and helpful! We stayed at the Winterhaven condos which was right on one of the trails. SOOO glad we were ski in and out. Our lift tickets were for the day and night sessions. Just knowing you can stop and rest for an hour and head back out was well worth paying extra to stay on the slopes! I was suprised that there were not many places to stay other than the few houses and condo's that we were in. Plan ahead if you want ski in and out! It was well worth the 7 hour drive for a 3 day trip! A+

Visited January 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed our visit, great conditions, room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We enjoyed our recent visit to Winterplace. There was plenty of fresh natural snow plus man made to supplement, making the runs great. The resort staff were very organized in getting our large group through the process of rentals, lift tickets and ski school, which was great. The instructors were VERY patient and did a great job, even with the youngest members of our group.

On Saturday, there was a karaoke contest, which was a great deal of fun! What a great idea! Now, if the resort would add some recreation for non-skiiers (perhaps an arcade?) All the staff we encountered were friendly and polite. They could use more consistent staffing at the lifts to avoid some bottle necking.

This is not a large resort, but they still had a nice variety of runs plus the tubing was a big hit. If they've got the space, they really ought to consider some expansions.

The food was not good quality at all and was very expensive. BUT the resort does allow coolers and picnic baskets, which is great, So bring your lunch with you.

Visited February 2013

Been to Winterplace Ski Resort? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Winterplace Ski Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later