“Great Whitewater Rafting Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Stamford CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Whitewater Rafting Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

What a great way to spend Fourth of July! We were in two different rafts, our group, and we did a half day trip, which I found myself wishing at the end we did the full -day with a lunch stop. We went through lots of rapids, including two rated Class V. I'm 55 years old and most of the others were 13 to 25...yet I still had the time of my life. We went with Passages to Adventure, a company based in Fayetteville, and we were on the New River. The beauty of this big wide river...the lazy stretches of big calm areas to float and jump off rocks....made it all the more fun to come upon another set of rapids! It was scary, but not. You felt the thrill but also knew we had a great guide (Kudos to Matt McQueen). He gave us the history of the New and Gauley River area, told us the names of all the rapids and told great stories, but importantly, guided us through expertly, telling us when to paddle, when to "hold" when we were going to go into the rapids backwards vs. frontwards, etc. Family or friends...you will have a great time. We stayed at the Quality Inn Fayetteville right nearby. Friendly, clean, convenient. LOVING this whitewater rafting experience.

1 review from our community