“Glad I stopped” 5 of 5 stars

Indianapolis, Indiana
24 attraction reviews
“Glad I stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

On my way to North Carolina, I decided to stop at the bridge and "see" I'm glad I did, it is a beautiful bridge, and the visitor center viewing is in a nice spot. (Center was closed when I arrived) I saw the bridge in the evening with overcast day, was wanting to see with a bright blue sky, alas, it wasn't to be. The next morning, I went to do some hiking, it was raining, and I was bummed. Once there I thought I would give the bridge another look! Wow! with the clouds hanging just so, it was great. Even hiking some of the trails in the rain was interesting just to see the different take on the forest in the rain was worth it!

I would recommend the bridge as a stop, even if it is just to stretch your legs, but some of the trails are definitely worth the effort. Raspberries were everywhere in late July! Made the hills worth it!

Canton, Ohio
“White Water Raft Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My first time rafting and I'm 56. Wet and chilly weather but there are wet suits/ splash shirts/ booties for a reasonable rental fee. Well organized system and staff are very friendly and helpful. We took the early trip and the bus trip had us laughing and energized by the time we reached the launch site. They served lunch along the way and it was was plentiful and tasty.

The course was very fun and I was intimidated but not afraid. I will do it again.

We complained about our guide due to inappropriate language and content and a lack of entheusiasm but the management was appropriately helpful and we were gifted another trip on them. The guide was a new hire from another rafting company and referred to them by another guide. It's my understanding that the offensive guide was released.

Overall, I like Ace's standards and I will for sure return to them and I would even if it wasn't going to be a gifted trip.

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
“Deserves The Certificate of Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The bridge is an amazing sight that is a must see if you are in southern West Virginia. If you are going, stop at the visitor's center first. The staff is helpful and informative. My husband and I toured using the scenic route 82. We were treated to many views of the bridge and surrounding areas on a small winding road which was a bit of an adventure in itself! The free CD from the visitor's center gave us insight into the history of the bridge and the area. The highlight of our trip to West Virginia!

Saint Clairsville, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“New River Gorge Bridge is AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Bridge is visually stunning any day of the year and there are various hiking trails that allow you to experience many different viewing locations. When it is foggy, it has an ethereal quality that transports you to a magical place. If you plan on visiting the New River Gorge Bridge, there are many outdoor activities around Fayetteville that you can do such as hike, fish, white-water raft, zip-line, rappel, climb, and explore nature. The visitor's center has a pretty easy staircase walk down to a prime view of the Bridge but I highly recommend Long Point trail. It is about a 2 mile hike in but the payoff is a cliff-top view that will drop your jaw.

3 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Start in Fayetteville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our 1st destination during a long weekend in the gorge. I didn't think much of a "walk under the bridge" but this, by far, exceeded my expectations. Our tour guide (Hanna) has roots in the area and was able to introduce a lot of history and local perspective to what could have easily been a quick tour in a can. We were never rushed and had plenty of photo opportunities. Our guide also used each family's camera to take group shots out toward the center! Be prepared for an adrenalin rush for the first few moments as you acclimate to the feel & sounds of the bridge.