“What a Thrill!” 4 of 5 stars

Hershey, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“What a Thrill!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you in the area, the bridge walk is a must. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but it is worth it! While it is a thrill to be 851 ft in the air, you still feel secure. Even my boyfriend who is afraid of heights was not only able to complete it, but he wants to do it again! The scariest thing in my opinion was not the height, but rather how the catwalk naturally vibrates due to the traffic. It can put a pit in your stomach.

The views are spectacular and the guide is very informative and let the tour go at its own pace. The tour guide was very patient and will take all the photos you want at key points in the bridge. My guide took amazing photos from different angles. Very much appreciated! In all it took about an hour and a half and they pick you up on the other side and offer you a complimentary bottle of water.

Quarryville, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“851 ft. Above the River!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had decided it was time to one of my solo road trips, and I needed a destination. A friend had told me about the Bridge Walk at New River Gorge in West Virginia, so I thought I would give it a try. There is a fee for the walk, and I think it is a little pricey, but I'm glad that I did it. It took about 2 hours, from the time we were "harnessed up", to the time we got back to the parking lot. It is safe and secure. You are attached to an overhead cable, and there is a railing along the 2 ft. wide catwalk. Our guide(whose name escapes me- I think it was Justin) was local, having grown up just down the road. It was his 3rd year being employed for the Bridge Walk. He was friendly and was able to answer our questions. Even if you're afraid of heights, you can do this. There was a teenage girl in the tour, who was fearful, but she did it! I found the history of the bridge to be quite interesting. If you're lucky, you'll get to see some Peregrine Falcons, we saw 2 of them. The view from the bridge is amazing! You can watch the rafters and kayakers coming down the river. At the end of our tour, a bus picked us up to take us back to our cars, and the bus driver gave us all a bottle of water. All in all, it wasn't as exciting as zip-lining, unless of, you have a fear of heights, then it would be quite the adventure! I'm glad I did it.

Visited July 2014
“Bridge Walk Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Bridge Walk was a once in a lifetime - great view of the bridge, the river, the landscape. And we saw three different yearling peregrine falcons. Great tour guide.

Dayton, Ohio
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My sister took this walk and it was amazing. Several family members just went with her and watched and even they were impressed!

6 attraction reviews
“Can't appreciate the new river bridge unless you take this tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Tour took about an hour and a half which was just right. Our tour guide was a blast and kept us all entertained during the walk. The walk under the bridge was very exhilarating and fun. Quite a weird feeling being 850 feet high on only a small walkway. I'm not a fan of heights but was able to do this without any trouble. Would definitely do this again and it was worth the time and money.