“Money on the Wall” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Money on the Wall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Customers put dollar bills with messages on walls around the restaurant and under the plastic sheets covering the tables. Money is collected once a year and used for local charities after bank provides new unmarked bills. Food is so so. French fries were very good with pulled pork sandwich. Pork good but needed a better bun. Chili was okay.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sterling, Virginia
“Biker dinner after Bridge Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

A group of 9 of us went here after New River Gorge Bridge Day. Food was reasonable, I had BBQ chicken dinner, my SO had a steak and said it was very tender. For a BBQ place I expected more from the BBQ chicken.

We were 9 people halfway through a 900 mile three-day motorcycle trip so we were tired and hungry. I don't think the food was all that spectacular. I did like that they serve beer from a cooler on the front poor while you wait, and that even as crowded as the place was that we didn't have long to wait for a party of 10. The place was jam packed with locals partying from Bridge Day, perhaps I'd soak up more atmosphere if it was not a big event day locally.

We will likely go back next time we are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield, Ohio
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good atmosphere....great service....food left a little to be desired....prices were average...has to be better BBQ in West By God

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
WV
“Go Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Had great food, good service, and at a reasonable price. It was in general a excellant choice for the family and we will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philippi, WV
“Great atmosphere, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ordered a full rack of ribs and a double-portion of onion rings ($20). The ribs were very tender, but the sauce was too tomatoe-y - tasted more like tomato sauce/ketchup than what I prefer. The onion rings were excellent and plentiful.

My gal ordered chicken and ribs. She got a breast which was skinless and had the same sauce. She was full after eating her half-rack. I'm not a white-meat fan, so it wouldn't be fair for me to rate the chicken (though I ate it for lunch the next day). She ordered green beans and mac-&-cheese for her sides. The beans were plain. The mac-&-cheese, while home-made was kind of bland and pasty.

Beer selection was decent, but drafts were more expensive than bottles and neither were priced right.

Visited September 2013