“New Management , and they are trying hard to Please” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
You added Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North to your Saves list
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 TJ Jackson Drive, I-81 Exit 20, Falling Waters, WV 25419 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falling Waters
Falling Waters, West Virginia
“New Management , and they are trying hard to Please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I do not believe the last review was fair , as I have been here for a week as well . the place as I can see Was not up to par as far as a Holiday Inn should be , before had as the person mention , in their comment . I understand New management lost All of the old help , good or bad , they had to start from scratch with temp help from the area , who I see to well worth the effort . Have all the tees been crossed , maybe not , but the people here seem to care about my visit . They are Friendly and willing to help out with what ever they can , to make my stay enjoyable. Now , I have to say that's easy for me and my Pups , we are not some uppity snob , looking to stay in a average hotel chain , and expect the Ritz ..I only need a Clean room , which I have , fresh towels , which I have , and a nice simple cup of coffee and simple breakfast and friendly conversion of a place I am staying for a few days.. Thanks Chris , Tammy , Dena for all you have done for me and my boys while I was there.. Good luck to you and keep getting better as you go along , as I know you will.

Room Tip: These are Holiday Inn rooms , not the Ritz , the People make up for any issue you may endure . Ask t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tammy B, General Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit with us. I'm glad to hear you and your pups were at home here with our team. We're seeing better reviews lately as we're working to make everything a little better each day and appreciate you giving us a try. Please stop in and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Martinsburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the holiday inn express and had a very terrible experience with my room. The bathroom had urine on the floor, no soap, no shampoo, and the towels looked like they were thrown on the rack. I was informed that there was a change in management when I checked in so I expected my stay to be better than my previous stay but sadly to say it was worse. I felt that the new management should have been properly staffed and made sure that the cleanliness of the room was nonetheless perfect but the excuse was that the staff was new. Do you leave urine of the floor when you clean your bathroom? I would hope not but if your new to the home I guess you do. I just want to say get new/more staff and make sure you clean these rooms to a standard of cleanliness that you would at your own home. I promise I will not stay here unless I absolutely need to.

• Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Collegeboyswag247,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room accommodations you had fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Falling Waters hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is very recently under new management and staff. The rooms are clean, the staff was very attentive to our needs and all around a great expeience. The new GM even checked with us to make sure that we had everything we needed and was very open to any suggestions we had on how our stay could have been improved. Hotel is in a great location, right off highway, so we did not have to drive far. We travel through this area alot with our kids and would recommend this highly to our fellow travelers.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor by overlooking pool area very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit and it was absolutely our pleasure to have you and your family here with us. We're off to a good start and have upgrades planned in the coming months. Please visit us again soon and we'll work to make your next experience even better. Best wishes!
Millville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We made this our split off point for our son going south for his summer job. The hotel is very clean, very close to the highway and we think the quietest place we've ever stayed! We were placed on the first floor near the lobby and I was worried it would be noisy but it turned out I was worried for nothing. It was very easy to get on and off I81 also.

• Stayed May 2014
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this property and would not recommend it to anyone!!! The girl at desk nothing but Rude I guess I was interrupting what ever she was doing really kept shutting me short, the room not clean around edges major dust build up , the indian guy at desk in early am more rude than the girl definetly should not be working around people!!! The breakfast, cold, in middle of eggs not thoroughly cooked , so many could have fed an army, the bisquits , so hard could have broken a window!! Won't be back, one of the worst Holiday inn express ever

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dhumesh, General Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are very sorry to hear that you have not good experience at our property. Our desk clerk being rude is not an option under any circumstance while working behind desk. Our property is not old and our housekeepers are proud to keep it clean. However we will be more care full now onwards.

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I travel with a German Shepherd and sometimes can't make plans ahead of time and so when on the road a few weeks back, I had a hard time finding a hotel within an hour of my highway location that was part of my typical chains (Best Western, Marriott). As a last resort I called Holiday Inn Express and found this one, just over the border in West Virginia. I was exhausted and stressed when I arrived and was just so very pleasantly surprised at this seemingly-new hotel. I was given a great room, right by the lobby (quick exit to a place to walk my dog); the room was clean and there are fast-food restaurants just over the bridge. A gas station onsite and the highway right there. Very pleased and would actually time future trips in order to stop there.

Room Tip: I told the hotel directly when I booked, that I was traveling with a dog and would like a door as cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

So I pull in ice and snow all over parking lot. It had been plowed but poorly. I slipped twice on the way in. Young lady at counter on phone when I walk in (personal call) , doesn't hang up puts phone on counter and gets my card. Checks me in hands me card , no directions to where my room is and no info on breakfast. So I have to ask. Now I get to the room it is a nice room and clean. Temperature outside was 0 and they didnt have the heat on in the room. It took close to an hour to warm the room to where I could remove my coat and another hour of laying on the bed to get it warm enough to sleep in . Keep in mind I normally like it cooler. A nice temp in a hotel is 66-69. Since they already know what rooms will be rented and have cards pre made and ready they should also take the time to turn the heat on.... Will I stay again , likely. Will it be on price definitely. Will I show up early so I can turn on heat and then leave again, absolutely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dhumesh, General Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
We appreciate your response regarding your stay at our property. We are sorry to hear that front desk personal was not up to the task. I will make sure all our front desk personal are well manner and responsive to guest need. we look forward to serve you in future.

Been to Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North? Share your experiences!