“Good stay for weary traveler with dog” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

You added Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North to your Saves list
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 TJ Jackson Drive, I-81 Exit 20, Falling Waters, WV 25419 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falling Waters
canada
“Good stay for weary traveler with dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I travel with a German Shepherd and sometimes can't make plans ahead of time and so when on the road a few weeks back, I had a hard time finding a hotel within an hour of my highway location that was part of my typical chains (Best Western, Marriott). As a last resort I called Holiday Inn Express and found this one, just over the border in West Virginia. I was exhausted and stressed when I arrived and was just so very pleasantly surprised at this seemingly-new hotel. I was given a great room, right by the lobby (quick exit to a place to walk my dog); the room was clean and there are fast-food restaurants just over the bridge. A gas station onsite and the highway right there. Very pleased and would actually time future trips in order to stop there.

Room Tip: I told the hotel directly when I booked, that I was traveling with a dog and would like a door as cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

So I pull in ice and snow all over parking lot. It had been plowed but poorly. I slipped twice on the way in. Young lady at counter on phone when I walk in (personal call) , doesn't hang up puts phone on counter and gets my card. Checks me in hands me card , no directions to where my room is and no info on breakfast. So I have to ask. Now I get to the room it is a nice room and clean. Temperature outside was 0 and they didnt have the heat on in the room. It took close to an hour to warm the room to where I could remove my coat and another hour of laying on the bed to get it warm enough to sleep in . Keep in mind I normally like it cooler. A nice temp in a hotel is 66-69. Since they already know what rooms will be rented and have cards pre made and ready they should also take the time to turn the heat on.... Will I stay again , likely. Will it be on price definitely. Will I show up early so I can turn on heat and then leave again, absolutely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dhumesh, General Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
We appreciate your response regarding your stay at our property. We are sorry to hear that front desk personal was not up to the task. I will make sure all our front desk personal are well manner and responsive to guest need. we look forward to serve you in future.

Travelers are raving about these Falling Waters hotels

Groton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was right off the highway and that was the best thing about it. The room we had stunk very bad! They charged us $75 plus tax and did not even give me my military or AAA discount. The breakfast was ok but the coffee was terrible!! I would recommend driving a little further and finding another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear country860,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you liked our hotel convenient location. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear about the condition of your room and that our coffee was not up to your liking. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and really enjoy it. It is a bit out of the way but I would rather drive 5 or 6 miles on the interstate into town (where there are a couple of OK restaurants). The beds are comfortable and the staff is helpful. The breakfast is hot and abundant. There's a Walmart very close by and a really good Italian restaurant in the little strip mall next door (to the Walmart). I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I chose this Hotel at the last minute and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff are very nice at check in. The room was adequate and clean. We chose this hotel as it was midway between Harpers Ferry and Charlestown Casino and close enough to get to the Premium Outlets in Haggerstown Md and easy access to 70 West to Cumberland. The breakfast was very nice. Limited seating in the breakfast area. However, we shared our table with other fellow travelers and met some really nice folks on our trip. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: upper level was nice an quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Softer towels than most. That is a real plus for us on this trip. This was a very nice place to stay and in a good location. The receptionist was very pleasant and the breakfast room staff was very efficient. Nice rooms. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The HIE Martinsburg North is in an excellent location to visit Antietam and Harpers Ferry as well as other sites. It is right off of I-81. The breakfast quality at his HIE was better than most. Our only negative comment was that they allow smoking and it is on the same floor as non-smoking. Getting off the elevator you are assaulted by the odor of smoke. Otherwise, once you get to your room, all is well.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, request a room furthest away from the smoking areas.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North? Share your experiences!