“Quiet and convenient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Falling Waters
New Brunswick
“Quiet and convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had to make an unexpected business trip in early January. I was able to book a room here on short notice and I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel is conveniently located right off I-81. There are a number of restaurants nearby. We found the hotel to be quiet, which is exactly what we needed for a good night's sleep. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent, the attendant took great care to ensure that fresh food was constantly available and that the tables were clean.

Two complaints/concerns:

1.) The bed was not particularly comfortable. The mattress was not the quality I usually find at HIExpress hotels. The mattress wasn't firm and it was bendy. Not good for the back at all.

2.) The elevator inspection had expired in October 2012.

The elevator inspection seems like a small thing, but a detail when it comes to guest safety should never be overlooked.

I would considering staying here again; however, I do hope that my next room has a much more comfortable mattress.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Martinsburg North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear albinogypsy,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while passing through from NC to PA... The location is right off 81 which worked for us! The rooms were clean--just a little older... The staff was ok. The breakfast was good for a small hotel! Overall an average place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights on a R&R trip. Upon check-in, we were greeted nicely by the female (forget name) front desk agent. We asked a little about the area and she helped us out so much. Each morning when we saw her, she greeted us with a warm smile and made us feel at home.

On the other hand, the male front desk agent (of perhaps Indian descent)that we saw at night had the personality of a door knob. We said hello several times to blank stares and outright apathy. One morning I woke up around 4:00AM to use the bathroom and I noticed the "Message Waiting" light blinking on the phone. I tried to retrieve the messages, but the directions on the phone were incorrect. I called down to the front desk and he said, "You have no messages!" then hung up.

Another concern that came up is when my wife and I noticed the cleaning staff just standing around the breakfast bar eating and talking with each other during the guests' breakfast hours. I know this should not have been.

This hotel is nice, clean, and quiet, but some things need to be addressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dhumesh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Martinsburg North, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for giving us your review. We are very sorry for night shift desk clerk and breakfast hour issue. We will address this issue and will cure the problem in our employee meeting.Our success measures on guest's satisfication.

Carolina Beach, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Beware senior citizens! The staff is dishonest and rude! Stopped on our way home from new York to north Carolina in October of this year. I am 65 and well traveled! First time experience of such dishonest treatment by front desk staff. Think I also had flea bites as rash appeared on my neck after being in this establishment.(or bed bugs) not sure but have bites! If at all possible keep driving and do not take a chance on this hotel.... Better choices in nearby towns!

Room Tip: Do not take a chance on this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dhumesh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Martinsburg North, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are very sorry for your experience. Our success is based on guest satisfaction. If you do not mind can you please tell us , what was the dishonesty about ? So, we can review our policy or staff awareness.One thing we are 100% sure about is, our property doesnot have flees or bedbugs. We have monthly pest control service and inspection.

Travelers are raving about these Falling Waters hotels

Dunkirk, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband & I...& our small dog, Schatzi enjoyed our stay at your hotel very much. The room we had was pet friendly & a smoking room was "very clean". Very quiet. Breakfast food available to guests was very good. The king size bed was very comfortable. We like to travel with our dog whenever possible & your hotel "out shined" any other hotels we had ever stayed at.
We look forward to doing another weekend get away soon & hope that this hotel will stay pet friendly & accommadate smokers. I hope that I left our room just as clean as when we arrived.
I plan on passing on to my friends how great our weekend was & hope they might be able to enjoy our next visit with us. Thank You & we greatly appreciate your services to accommadate our travel needs. Alan & Laren Schroeder...Room 308

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are quiet from parking lot & traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you're planning a trip to the Antietam battlefield, I would recommend this pet-friendly hotel, conveniently located off I-81. The service was friendly, the breakfast buffet was very good and the price was right! The room was comfortable. Since we were traveling with our dog, the clerk gave us a room on the first floor, with easy access to the pet area in the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you have dog, ask for a room on the first floor near the back of the hotel. The staff is very ac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I asked for a quiet room and that's what I had -- large room in back of hotel with view of open field, down the hall from the elevator and vending. I heard slight amount of noise from neighboring rooms tv, but not as bad as many places. The lobby and breakfast area were relatively small as compared to some new HI Express hotels, but adequate for the # of guests. Pool and hot tub are outdoors at rear of building. The hotel overlooks I-81 in the front, but is set back a little so the noise wasn't too bad. Not many eating options at this interchange--a Burger King on the HI Express side of the interstate and a McDonalds, pizza joint, and small family restaurant on the other side. Also large WalMart on the other side of I-81.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Martinsburg North? Share your experiences!