“Very nice Fairmont!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Coppell, Texas
“Very nice Fairmont!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

First time staying in a hotel visiting family. Pleasantly surprised with our suite. The staff was very friendly and accommodating with extra towels and a rollaway bed. The location is convenient with restaurants, a grocery store, and easy access to the highway. The room was kept spotless by Crystal & Martha the four nights we stayed. The hotel was packed every night. We did not eat at the hotel but appreciated the mini-fridge & microwave in the suite. Wendy the manager was especially helpful too.

Stayed July 2014

Gastonia, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Apparently and older Inn located in an area has seen better days. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room (furniture, carpet, etc.) needed an upgrade however the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. The thing that really sticks in my mind was how noisy the rooms were. We could easily hear people walking above on the third floor. We could also hear noise from the rooms on either side. For the price it was a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The better breakfast of hotels, week days there is an older gentleman who prepares the breakfast and he is wonderful. The hotel amenities are nice-the hot tub and pool are quite enjoyable with easy access for all rooms. The public areas are colorful and useable for all guests, good workout area. There are a few restaurants within walking distance: Applesbees gives a 10% discount. A nice winery is just a few miles north just off the exit-Heston Farms Winery, a great place to sample excellent wine, local moonshine and corn liquor. Enjoy an outside seating area and a nice bottle of wine. There is a small mall near the hotel for those little extras. Most of the hotel is great but HOUSEKEEPING IS TERRIBLE. AS ANOTHER GUEST STATES IT - HOUSEKEEPING IS A HIT OR MISS. I states 4 nights, only the first night was clean. The second night I came in after working 16 hours only to discover zero towels, cloths, coffee, cups, etc. andMy co-Worker was dripped on by an upstairs toilet overflow and was disgusted to have the dirty towel used to wipe up the sewer placed back out for her use.
If Marriott would address the serious lack of housekeeping this property would be excellent.

Room Tip: Top floor limits noise suites are available
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SyStorm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were traveling through West Virginia and stayed at this location. The room appeared okay until we got in bed. There were ants and some other type of bug in our room. The bug began biting my husband and I. We sprayed ourselves with insect spray and the bed before going to sleep. The toilet in the bathroom was not secured to the floor and each time we sat down, it rocked from side to side. I notified the front desk and they said "thank you for letting us know".

The hotel was convenient to the freeway and had a nice lobby. Unfortunately the room we had was insect invaded. I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Request a high floor the walls are very thin, could hear people above walking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SyStorm

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Centerville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Check-in and hotel personnel with whom I had any contact were professional, pleasant, and met the Marriott standard that I expect as a Marriott Rewards Member and shareholder.

Disappointed that no on-line survey was received from Marriott as a result of this stay.

A first floor King room was clean, bathroom had all the appropriate items, toilet and TV worked OK, and the room was quiet. Breakfast was a bit better than I expected. It looked like when I surveyed the area after I arrived that only the microwave breakfast sandwiches would be available, but scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage were available the next morning. All of the "hot foods" could have been hotter.

The "easy" chair is the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in during my 70 years on this Planet. Clearly needs to be replaced; no ottoman; but the size of the room would not allow that. The desk chair was a good replacement.

The hotel is located near a couple of restaurants and fast food outlets. It is not particularly easy to find and certain the Fairmont business community need to work with the authorities to improve the roadways leading to this hotel as well as the others.

I will return to this property in the future, providing I am in this area and need a place to stay.

Room Tip: I like a low floor room. And, park your car in a more remote area of the parking lot and not near t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

At first blush this motel should not rate as high as it does. The property is located off the interstate down a pothole-riddled road adjacent from a dead mall (Middletown Mall). However that was the only downside I found while staying there. The area was well lit, and at no point did I feel unsafe or that I was in a bad part of town. There are several casual dinning restaurants within walking distance, along with a 24hr. gas & go.

Rooms were clean and quite. You would occasionally hear someone’s TV while walking down the hall, but we never experienced any in-room noise from our neighbors. Our room faced the highway however we never had a problem with any noise. Included was a tasty breakfast buffet ranging from fruit and yogurt to waffles and sausage.

Unlike a number of other motels in the area that still allow smoking and/or pets in their rooms, this property is SMOKE AND PET FREE. A heated indoor pool is located in a pavilion directly behind the main building. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and was very courteous. Property is about a 5 minute drive from both NASA and the FBI/DHS.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Frances-Seven
fickle1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Want to rank hotel as a 2, but their front desk and breakfast staff are very polite, helpful and professional. I called ahead for my room to be deep cleaned. I travel and stay in hotels 90% of the year. SAFE and CLEAN are my primary priorities. My 1st night and I found hair in bathroom and some black crust on my bedspread. Matt & Ashley, the front desk crew, went up and vacuum'd floor, cleaned BR and changed my bedding/towels. The shower curtain looked fresh. The damp smell of musk was still present..Off to business next day and upon returning, the room had the fresh vapor of early morning cleaning. Hotel located down winding, pothole riddled road adjacent to a shopping complex and many fast food eateries. Free parking and parking lot was well lighted. There is an in door pool, onsite
washer/dryer and exercise room. Business Center is across from front desk and leaves a little something to be desired in amenities. Breakfast has lots pork products, eggs,frozen pork (yuck) breakfast sandwiches, chilled fruit, yogurt and some fresh fruit offerings.
But, my biggest compliment is to their staff. They really try hard to make the stay pleasant with the smiles and good will. I would stay here again, but would call the morning I am arriving and make sure my room is extra
clean!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairmont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 11 in Fairmont
3.0 of 5 stars 78 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont? Share your experiences!