“Almost Average” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Fairmont
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Almost Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was clean, but the building is seriously delapidated, the employees are lazy and the lobby was filled with bikers and hordes of screaming children. Example: no one at the front desk at 8 pm, rang the bell, still no response. One of the bikers (who were a very nice group, just had LOUD motorcycles right outside our first-floor room at all hours of the night) pointed outside to where both lobby employees were sitting on the curb smoking. Hallway carpets are stained, ceiling is covered in water spots and seriously drooping (flat out missing tiles in some areas). Our room door would not open or shut without some serious physical effort. Pool was okay. Breakfast typical of Choice Hotel chain.

Room Tip: We heard there isn't an elevator on premises, which didn't matter since we were on first flo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our first stay at this location. We needed a room with two beds but the place was quite full because of the utility workers. The receptionist found us a lovely king bedroom suite with a sofabed. It was one of the best sofabeds we had come across. The king bed was also excellent. It was a very nice and quiet environment. The room had two TVs and plenty of room. It was a great value with an excellent hot breakfast with eggs and sausage. Would stay again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: The king suite actually has an arched doorway. Curtain pins are provided if you need the privacy and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was another great stay with a good value at a Comfort Inn. Fast efficient checkin. Clean hall and room carpets. Decor of the room was inviting. Room was clean as well. Ac worked well which was good as it was 95 degrees outside. The motel was full as there were many utility workers staying there working to get power back on for thousands of people who had lost it. In spite of this, the place was quiet inside and out. We stayed for the breakfast which was a typical breakfast with cereal, waffles, egg and sausage, fruit, juices and coffee.

Room Tip: our room faced the front parking lot but no problems with noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Although this one was a little confusing to find when exiting the interstate once we saw the giant sign for it we were able to figure out how to get to it. Given that almost the entire state of WV was without power for day and the power had just come back to this area we were fortunate they had rooms available and honored the hotel.com advertised pricing. Service was super, and staff was friendly and accommodating.

Our king bed was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The room was clean and fresh and also quite comfortable.

Breakfast was plentiful, well stocked and provided lots of choices, including cooked eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, waffles (both blueberry or regular,) and all sorts of other pasteries,
bagels, toast, etc.

It was a great stay for the money, and we would highly recommend it for others. We would go back again anytime we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was nice enough. Pool is outside and unheated. Bed was comfy and clean. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was mediocre. You get what you pay for. It was good enough for an overnighter.

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

When we checked in the desk clerk had a bad attitude.. one I got to my room I noticed it definitely shouldn't be labeled as a suite and it smelled musty.. I checked my online banking and noticed I was charged more then they told me when I asked they said it was my bank not them when it simply said comfort inn and the price I was charged on my statement this place is in my opinion trying to scam people I already notified my bank about it.. once I took a shower the room really smelled of sulfer to the point it gaged me.. the only thing we've enjoyed during our stay was the pool.. I don't recommend anyone to stay here

• Stayed July 2011
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Checked in gave my discover card. I got a gov discount wasnt asked to show my card.Room was 82.00 with tax. The next day I check out go home and check my credit card bill I was charged $187.88 for a 82.00 room! Called the desk she didnt see where I was charged that she would talk to the manager. She said the discover people must have did it as a hold. The discover card people didnt. No where on the hotel records were the 187.88 yet it was on my discover bill! Wouldnt you know it it was taken off during the night by them still no record of it! The desk clerk let her 5 friends swim in the pool and throw trash everywhere and then gave them the doughnuts that was for the breakfast the next day! I will reporting the creditcard fraud to the BB Bureau. Use cash or better yet STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Chose a different motel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!