“Roomy, Clean, Large Rooms. All Good” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fairmont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“Roomy, Clean, Large Rooms. All Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had a very pleasant surprise on our way to Florida with a couple of the grandsons. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Gave a list of nearby restaurants and told us their favourites. We ended up walking right next door to the Cracker Barrel - we'd had enough driving. The rooms were surprisingly large with a separate living room type area. The pool area was nice and bright and well maintained. All looked new and clean. Even the staircase area was carpeted and finished nicely. Not the usual concrete stairs and grey paint. The breakfast was very good with good selections (eggs ham, cereal, breads, yoghurt, juices, fruit, etc. and even an automatic pancake maker - new to us). I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's right off the highway and this makes for a quick getaway the next morning.

Room Tip: rooms further from the elevator are usually always quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I would like to take the time to thank you for the thoughtful review and I hope that we are able to meet your needs again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn & Suites located at 2256 Landing Lane in Fairmont, West Virgina. The facility is clean and has a nice swimming pool and lounge area.
After breakfast we returned to our room and my wife spotted a bed bug crawling across the sheets on the bed she shared the night before with our 18 month old daughter.
We captured the bed bug in a plastic cup and took it to the management. After that we had to seal all our possessions in large plastic bags. It took over 14 hours to treat the interior of our car and all of our stuff. Do not stay here unless you want to share this unpleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear elliott n,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Depew, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for the first time last Saturday for one night on our way home. We liked that it was a new hotel so we choose this one. Rooms were very nice, beds were very comfy as were the pillows. Rooms were very clean. Hallways smelled like paint or who knows what on the 3rd floor but once you got into your room it was fine. Checked in with no problem. Got to room, crummy tv reception, plate half coming out of wall. Called girl, who said I can send someone in the am, I'm the only one here on the property and I don't know how to fix it. Never offered to move us and after unloading all of our stuff we didn't want to move. If I wanted crummy tv reception I would have gone to an old hotel, not expecting this from a new property. We called my inlaws who said they'd call us back. Well they never got through Why: Because there was only one girl working the entire desk on a Sat night when there were 50 rooms out of 72 sold. She said the entire hotel was short staffed. My father in law calls my husbands cell and said nobody answered the phone after 10 rings he hung up. Funny thing is, I was at the desk at the time when I was waiting for the clerk to come back and the phone was ringing off the wall at the same time he was calling and she was over making coffee and never heard it. Thought she saw me, I was in plain sight of the desk. She goes into the back room for a few minutes and another lady comes up and has to wait. I tell her the tv still isn't working after she suggested my husband try to tighten some things. After finding out she was the only person working in the hotel and after not getting our phone call and hearing the phone never being answered I wondered who was watching the desk or taking care of the desk when she being the only clerk on wheeled our rollaway cot to the third floor. What kind of security is this! She said she carries a phone on her except when she goes to the bathroom and claimed she was in the bathroom when my father in law called when in fact I was standing right at the desk when he did. So not only was that a lie but I pointed out to her that when she was just a little bit away from the phone making coffee the phone rang off the wall and she didn't have a phone on her because it went unanswered. Breakfast was so so. Better than the donuts, juice but so so. Next morning we didn't have to get up to early and at 6:50 am the fire alarm goes off. I have to wake my sleeping son and go downstairs to find out some fool in a room leaves their door open when they shower and the steam sets off the fire alarm. If you know this why wasn't something done about it before. The morning clerk said "the woman in room 104 leaves her door open when showering. Don't know if this was the door to her room or the door to the bathroom into her room and not her hall. Either way how over sensitive is this system? Fire company never showed up to be sure everything was okay. Here at home they show up no matter what. Must be different in each area of the country. Like I said, nice clean rooms, service for the night time was not good. Funny they had three people at the desk Sunday morning though. Very unhappy.

Oh and please put up at sign once you get of the interstate, once you turn right nobody has an idea where your hotel is and had to guess it was behind the Super 8, you have no street signage indicating where your hotel is.

Room Tip: Stay away from the end rooms by the highway, I'm sure you'll hear cars like we did at anothe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to take this time to apologize for the inconvenience of only having one clerk on the desk during your stay. We have hired additional staffing and they are now trained and know what they are doing. Unfortunately we ended up being alot busier than planned for the evening of your stay. Again, I apologize for the understaffing on the night of your visit. We now have and will continue to have more than one person scheduled for the evening shift to better accomodate our guests.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We drove from Boston to West Virginia to drop my brother off at WVU. So glad now that everything closer was booked solid! We arrived after an 11 hour drive to great customer service, very clean room and comfortable beds! Mini fridge and microwave was a bonus! The free breakfast was very good as well! This will be my family's hotel of choice when returning to visit! Don't have a single complaint!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We strive for great customer service, and thank you for all your kind words. I am pleased we were able to accomodate you for your stay and we can't wait to see you on your future visits.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Starting off, we were back in Fairmont for a funeral. We wanted someplace clean, accessible, close to where other family members were and easy to make arrangements to stay. We tried a couple other places and they were already booked.

We were NOT disappointed in the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom and tub/shower.

It was hot outside, and the room was a little "warm and stuffy" at first. Running the a/c improved things greatly.

We did not use any of the amenities, there was pool, a fitness room, but we had too much to do and no "leisure" time. We did not have breakfast there, but with family elsewhere.

The folks on the desk were helpful, and professional. It was hassle free to check in and to check out. We have family in Fairmont, so we will be back, and I think we will be making this our "home away from home" when ever we are in town.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing east, no complaints
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I am very sorry to hear the reason for your visit but I am glad that it was hassle free for you. We will be looking forward to your return visits.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I liked this hotel very much. We just stayed overnight both times we 've been there. Brand new hotel. Right off the highway. Nice rooms, good free breakfast, free internet access. Fridge in room which is nice to have when travelling long distances.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am pleased to hear that your stays have been enjoyable.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our trip home after our visit with family in NC. When we arrived, we had made a reservation and also discovered that it was completely booked. I guess it was full from everyone traveling home after July 4. Shirlee was the front desk attendant and was pleasant to work with. I was originally a little hesitant to stay here since we haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before. When we checked in, we discovered that our room had been upgraded for free to the King Executive Suite (from the King Leisure room). What a surprise!

The hotel was easy to find and looked clean from the outside. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Since the hotel was completely booked, we avoided the continental breakfast and the pool, but these were amenities at this hotel. We enjoyed our stay and appreciated the free upgrade. Thank you.

The exit for this hotel is easy to get on and off of I-79 and there is a gas station and Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
It is always nice to hear how well you enjoyed your visit. I am pleased that we were able to get you into a room for the night. We do our best to make everyones stay enjoyable. Hope you can visit us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont? Share your experiences!