“Pleasant Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Fairmont

Super 8 Fairmont
You added Super 8 Fairmont to your Saves list
Super 8 Fairmont
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2208 Pleasant Valley Road, I-79 at Exit 133, Fairmont, WV 26554   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fairmont
BURLINGTON
“Pleasant Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We travel to Georgia from Canada a couple of times a year and have stayed here many times. We like that the Cracker Barrel is next door. This trip was as pleasant as all the others. The desk staff are pleasant and friendly - free coffee is offered - the room was very clean and had been recently updated - they are in the process of updating all the rooms with new linens. The free breakfast is more than adequate as a starter breakfast. Unfortunately, the area is experiencing a construction boom and rooms are often full - as a result the cost of motel rooms in the area has risen quite a bit in the past couple of years. Having to pay the equivalent of $100 Cdn for an overnight stay is making us rethink how often we can visit our grand children. While we prefer to stay here we may have to look for a more budget friendly place in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patty R, Executive Director at Super 8 Fairmont, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your response, we always enjoy hearing that you had a pleasant stay with. We look forward to seeing you again your next trip thru our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during June. We nearly always stay at Super 8 to earn reward points. This is one of the worst we have experienced. Hallways and room smelled of smoke. Toilet was dirty. Air conditioner barely worked, blowing cool air. Overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014
Christina Z, Manager at Super 8 Fairmont, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Barb I want to thank you for your feedback any time that there is an issue with your room if you let our front desk staff know we will make sure to get it taken care of for you. We are a property with smoking and non-smoking rooms we are in currently in the process of working on what we can do to help keep the smoking smell out of our hallways.
Lesage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I will never stay there again, I will drive 50 to 75 miles too get another motel or sleep in my truck. I was charged for two towels that I did not take. Found the charge on my card when I got home. and by the way why should I take towels when I have five towels in my truck.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Christina Z, Manager at Super 8 Fairmont, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dana It is hotel policy that if any linen is missing or damaged in a room to charge for the item. We keep track of all linen that is placed in the room and that is given to our guest to guarantee that nothing is missing or ruined. I am sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you we do this to insure that we have spare linen for the next guest that comes to stay with us.
Fairmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Overall good place to stay everything is easy to get to without any problems my family and I enjoy staying there when we are in town

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Christina Z, Manager at Super 8 Fairmont, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Lee I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and keep choosing us for your lodging needs we can’t wait to see you on your next visit.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Way overpriced, I stayed at a Super 8 in Athens, Ohio that was $20 cheaper a night. Motel smelled like smoke. Rugs in the halls were in need of a vacum. Bathtub in the room was dirty. Breakfast bar was lacking. I should have stayed at the Holday Inn that is located behind it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Christina Z, Manager at Super 8 Fairmont, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I do apologize for the rate every hotel has a different price it just depends on the area that you are staying in. We do offer smoking and non smoking rooms at our property and are in the process of looking into what we can do to help keep the smoke smell from getting into our hallways. The breakfast that is offered is the breakfast that Wyndham requires for all Super 8’s. We are in the process of doing renovations to our property I hope that you would change your mind and stop back in to see us and all the updates that are being done to the hotel.

Been to Super 8 Fairmont? Share your experiences!