You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Elkview - Charleston NE to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Elkview - Charleston NE
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Crossing Shopping Mall, Elkview, WV 25071 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Charleston North Elkview)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elkview
spencer,wv
“scam artist”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

we recently stayed there. the pool was closed, had know roll out beds after saying they did, my son had to sleep on floor. I was nice enough to help the maid by stripping the beds and bagged all trash and still they accuse me of smoking in the room and charged me a extra hundred dollars. the rooms are crappy and dirt in behind the beds, coffee pot was dirty and the old bag of a manager was a B______H. They dug through the trash just to see if they could find anything to do with smoking. then she said i tried saying she planted it there which was not what was said. she just kept being rude. would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless u like getting the feeling that your nothing but a piece of crap...... if anyone knows the number of someone of importance besides the manager who thinks she can treat a customer like crap i would appreciate it. signed a very displeased customer..

Room Tip: would not recommend Elkview inn and suits unless u want to be put under a microscope and let them ta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Elkview WV. We thought highly of the people and service there until we returned back to are room after having breafast at the Bob Evans next door and found our housekeeper snooping through one of our bags.We thought the housekeeper Tabbi was a nice young lady.She said she knocked the bag over and was picking our things back up.Our bags was zipped when we left and did not come unzipped on their own.I am now missing a pair of turtle shaped earrings with diamond's in the center that was in a jewelry pouch in my bag.If you are missing anything after staying at that hotel we would advise you to check with this young lady.We had our pleasant experience at this hotel on the week of 10/20 and will never stay there again.

Room Tip: To choose a good room I myself would choose a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Southside Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We spent two nights in mid-September at the Country Inn and suties at Elkview. We booked a suite because of a very good special rate and were satisfied with our room. The suite has a different L-shaped arrangement so that you enter going past the bathroom, through the sleeping area, and then to the living area. This might be a problem if you are sharing with someone other than close family. The breakfast was fine and the staff were helpful. We would stay here again and would recommend the hotel if you find a good rate.
There is a shopping center beside the hotel and a couple of restaurants in walking distance. It is located about a 10 minute drive from the center of Charleston. The air conditioning units in the room are loud.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the interstate are less noisy. I think all suites are located on the corners of the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed here three times in the past two years and every time, I've been surprised at the excellent price. Although the location is a little far from Charleston and all of the action, it is very convenient to I-79 and there are several restaurants--mostly fast food--nearby. In fact, Bob Evans and McDonalds are next door..no need to move the vehicle. Even thought hey were renovating and the pool was closed, I had a pleasant, quiet stay and enjoyed the excellent breakfast. My room was very clean, although it was obvious that the renovations that were in progress are going to be very welcome. I had to look for flaws, but it was noticable that the building had a few years to it...bath fixtures could use an update and the mattress was needing replaces (still comfortable). All of the bedding and towels were excellent quality and again, I was well pleased by the excellent price. I will continue returning to this location when I need a room in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was a disaster. It was bad enough that it was under renovation and the pool and fitness center were closed, but it was dirty, noisy, and downright awful. The nonsmoking room clearly had been smoked in. The bathtub wouldn't drain, so we stood in dirty water. The A/C unit in the room literally sounded like a turbine jet engine revving up and then whining down. It literally kept waking us up all night. The temperature in the room was either stifling hot or like ice, with nothing between, The cable went out. The toilet would barely flush. The only official communication in the room was a hand-scrawled note on the telephone pad wishing us a good stay. The only way to call the front desk was by getting an outside line and dialing a full phone number with area code that was taped on the receiver.. When I tried to complain the next morning at checkout about all the problems, the tattooed young man who grudgingly came out of the back room when the housekeepers told him someone was at the desk looked at me like he couldn't care less. The woman who checked us in was very nice and helpful, but this young man shouldn't be in the hospitality business. There was no apology, and no offer to make things right. The only helpful gesture was an offer to come spray deodorizer in the room. I would never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at La Quinta Inn & Suites Elkview - Charleston NE, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We know how important a quiet and comfortable room is during your travels. We would like to discuss your stay with you. Please contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I started to let other reviews affect what I'd write, but then decided just to stick with my initial impression. Our room was clean, big and perfect for us - one adult, two children. True, the pool was closed, which was a bit of a let-down, but such is life! The staff were so friendly, and check-in was a breeze. They had fresh baked cookies which was cool for the kids. It was a nice bonus to have breakfast included. My kids love biscuits and gravy - which we never have at home - so that was a special treat for them. This place is so easy to get to, and it's especially nice because there is a gas station, a K-mart, a McDonalds, and a bunch of other stuff. Very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quakertown, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

All the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping were extremely friendly. The breakfast area is is desperate need of being updated. The carpet should be pulled up and a hardwood or vinyal floor should be put in so when there are spills they can be cleaned up more easily and not leave stains. Food was ok but yogurt should be served in individual cups not out of a big container.
The room was clean and for me the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Elkview - Charleston NE? Share your experiences!