“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1863 Grill

1863 Grill
830 Harrison Avenue, Old Rt 33 West, Elkins, WV 26241 (Formerly 1863 Restaurant)
+1 304-637-1863
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Elkins
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 1863 Grill has been bringing Elkins top-quality taste for over 50 years. We're famous for our melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon rolls, but we've perfected every detail of every dish, from the mouth-watering steaks and seafood down to the fresh-squeezed lemonade and Kansas City style BBQ. Gather around our table and know that we'll be waiting to welcome you warmly as if you were our own family, so make your plans to join us to celebrate the good things in life – family, friends, and Great Food for Every Occasion. Even Tuesday.
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

Great place to eat my meal was very good and the service was excellent. Would recommend it to anyone visiting Elkins WV.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bridgeport, West Virginia
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

We had higher expectations going to this restaurant Sat night. The package deal for dinner and a show ended up with an abbreviated menu. Then we were told that they were out of a couple items so we narrowed down our choices. Our salads with homemade dressings were very good. My husband's so called medium well filet was nothing more than an overdone "steak" that was so dry. And my ribs and barbecue was very dry too. No wonder they brought us extra barbecue sauce. The baked potato was very good, but how can you go wrong with that. But at least the homemade bread and cinnamon rolls for dessert were very good. Will not return to that restaurant.
The price of the package deal wou.d have mea t that meal was about $70 WHICH WAS so not worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
HUNTINGTON
“Room, dinner & show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

DO NOT get the package deal (room dinner show). The room was nice, the show was outstanding and dinner was terrible. I ordered the ribs. Upon their arrival I was told bbq sauce would be available to me "when they could find it." I never ate the ribs (dry) because evidently they never found the bbq sauce. Gratuity is included in the package, thus, finding the bbq sauce WAS NOT a priority.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

Although the removal of alcoholic beverages was disappointing. At least beer and wine would be something.

Visited December 2014
Elkins, West Virginia
“Fantastic Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

I had previously been to the 1863 Tavern, or so it was called, years ago. Recently, a group of us gathered to see the remodeled place and what the new chef had to offer. We were not disappointed. We had an exquisite waiter, who offered helpful advice and perfect service. Each person was salivating over their food. I had the pulled pork with the sweet BBQ sauce, which was perfectly cooked and seasoned with a tremendous BBQ rub. I also tried my friend's ribs, which were smoked excellently & tender. I was extremely pleased and will be back often. Oh, and do not forget the cinammon rolls!

Visited December 2014