“We will stay there again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elkins Economy Inn

Elkins Economy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkins
Elkins Economy Inn
You added Elkins Economy Inn to your Saves list
State Route 33 East, Elkins, WV 26241 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Charleston
“We will stay there again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

On October 2, 2010, I went with my husband on a trainride in Elkins. It was a beautiful trip.
We wanted to stay at one of the hotels next to the train station but they had because of the fall festival going on increased their prices and we could not afford $140.00 for the rooms they had left.
We drove around and ended up at the Elkins Econo Lodge in room 234 and it was a very big, nice, clean and quiet room for $69.00. We saved a lot of money.
Next time when we go to Elkins we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
west virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

we are a family of 4 and i just wanted to say that we stay at this motel every year to attend the elkins youth wrestling tournament and my kids have a really good time in the pool.. Its not a expensive motel but its not bad either..we found everyone to be very nice..and it could use some modern cleaner upper but the rooms where clean i have never had a bad experience there...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Roaches in room. Hotel is suspended from "Choice Hotels" so you get NO points for your stay. However, no one told us that until we got a letter in the mail today 11/2/09

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Forks, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We decided to go on a weekend getaway. All the hotels were booked for the weekend so we ended up here. It was horrible! The rooms were scary. It was filled with hunters and truck drivers. The kids wanted to go swimming in the pool but it was disgusting and scary! The hot tub was just the size of a regular tub. I definitely wouldn't reccomend this place!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Scott Depot, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We found the Econolodge in Elkins, WV to be perfectly fine. We're a family of four, our room had two double beds (the pillows were flat but that's the only complaint), the room was dated but very clean, everything was in working order, and it was quiet. The motel offers a simple continental breakfast which was nice. I left my jewelry in the room upon checkout and didn't realize it until several miles down the road. My husband called the motel, the jewelry had been turned in to the office, and they were nice enough to mail it to me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed at this motel for one night. I asked for a non-smoking room and it smelled of smoke. I was switched to another "non-smoking" room and it smelled of smoke as well. The employees were not very friendly. I felt as though they were doing me a favor. I would not return again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Robson, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed in Elkins for 2 days on business, and the Econo Lodge had some of the better ratings for the price on this website. It was less than 2 miles for my partner to get to his job, so the motel was in a great location. For being located on US Route 33, I must say that it was the most quiet and peaceful location that I've been to in a very long time!
Our room was in an odd set of 5 rooms in a smaller building off to the side of the main building. I think that we had it better than the main building since it was quieter and a bit newer too. The room was very big compared to a lot of the places we stay, with a king bed, table and 2 chairs, big flat screen HD-ready TV, and desk (a huge desk at that!). Even though some of the furnishings were older, the TV was brand new and much bigger than any hotel TV. The air conditioning was a huge window unit cut into the wall. It was a bit loud, but worked like a dream. We like to be frozen and we like the sound of it running while we sleep. The bathroom was larger than average, but there was nothing extra special about it. The sink is outside of the bathroom and didn't have much counter space. The bed was nice and cushy...not too hard or soft. Overall, I found the room older but the campiness of it was comforting. I was kind of disappointed that there was no microwave/fridge in our room (like the website picture showed), but we managed.
The free wireless internet worked like a dream in this motel. We were a long ways away from the lobby and we still had a high signal. We usually have problems since our laptop has Windows Vista, but this motel was the first to not cause a problem for our computer!
There was an indoor pool/hot tub that I didn't know this place had until we arrived. I stopped by and took a quick swim and dip in the hot tub. The pool was actually pretty big and nicely heated, even though it was very old. It didn't have the smoothest surface either, so be careful if you like to swim. The hot tub was hot, but not scalding like most public ones. The jets were fairly weak and the tub was kind of dirty looking. I didn't stay in it very long at all! Overall, the pool area is a nice amenity for the price of the stay.
We didn't eat breakfast while here, but from reading the other reviews, I decided to skip that and the coffee. Sad, since I'm a mega coffee drinker. The woman at the desk was not very nice and lied to us on 2 different occasions, so I cannot say that there is good service here. They charged our credit card after telling us they wouldn't, and they lied about our phone in the room not working. This motel is nice, but try not to let the desk clerk get you down!

• Liked — the peaceful setting, the internet working (it rained the whole time we were here!)
  • Disliked — the service desk clerk, the clock radio in our room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
#5 of 8 in Elkins
3.5 of 5 stars 22 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Canaan Valley Resort

Been to Elkins Economy Inn? Share your experiences!