“Don't know where the other bad reviews came from” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elkins Economy Inn

Elkins Economy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elkins
Elkins Economy Inn
You added Elkins Economy Inn to your Saves list
State Route 33 East, Elkins, WV 26241 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
“Don't know where the other bad reviews came from”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Ok I stayed here last year for a fishing trip. The price is cheap the location to shaffers fork is unbelievable for the price. Indoor pool is a plus also. The rooms were clean and very spacious. the room had 2 kings and a recliner in it. My friends and I grilled out in the parking lot no one complained it's also a dog friendly motel. Also one reviewer gave this place a bad rating for hunters being there if that's the case then every hotel in West Virginia must have a be a one star joint to then from oct-feb cause this is West Virginia grow up people. The day staff woman was rude to my friend and I but the night shift people made it right to us by adjusting the rate of the room and allowing us to grill out in the parking lot. If you are a trout fishermen u can't beat this motel or just passing through the area. It's the nicest place I ever stayed at for the cost. Only reason I gave service a 3 was the one rude woman.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

On October 2, 2010, I went with my husband on a trainride in Elkins. It was a beautiful trip.
We wanted to stay at one of the hotels next to the train station but they had because of the fall festival going on increased their prices and we could not afford $140.00 for the rooms they had left.
We drove around and ended up at the Elkins Econo Lodge in room 234 and it was a very big, nice, clean and quiet room for $69.00. We saved a lot of money.
Next time when we go to Elkins we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
west virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

we are a family of 4 and i just wanted to say that we stay at this motel every year to attend the elkins youth wrestling tournament and my kids have a really good time in the pool.. Its not a expensive motel but its not bad either..we found everyone to be very nice..and it could use some modern cleaner upper but the rooms where clean i have never had a bad experience there...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Roaches in room. Hotel is suspended from "Choice Hotels" so you get NO points for your stay. However, no one told us that until we got a letter in the mail today 11/2/09

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Forks, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We decided to go on a weekend getaway. All the hotels were booked for the weekend so we ended up here. It was horrible! The rooms were scary. It was filled with hunters and truck drivers. The kids wanted to go swimming in the pool but it was disgusting and scary! The hot tub was just the size of a regular tub. I definitely wouldn't reccomend this place!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Scott Depot, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We found the Econolodge in Elkins, WV to be perfectly fine. We're a family of four, our room had two double beds (the pillows were flat but that's the only complaint), the room was dated but very clean, everything was in working order, and it was quiet. The motel offers a simple continental breakfast which was nice. I left my jewelry in the room upon checkout and didn't realize it until several miles down the road. My husband called the motel, the jewelry had been turned in to the office, and they were nice enough to mail it to me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed at this motel for one night. I asked for a non-smoking room and it smelled of smoke. I was switched to another "non-smoking" room and it smelled of smoke as well. The employees were not very friendly. I felt as though they were doing me a favor. I would not return again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Elkins Economy Inn? Share your experiences!