“You wouldn't expect this quality restaurant in a strip mall” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“You wouldn't expect this quality restaurant in a strip mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Another fantastic meal ~

The Ancho Chili Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa and Red Pepper Coulis served with cherry pepper slaw and grilled asparagus.

The Mahi-mahi was perfectly prepared and the Mango Salsa and Red pepper Coulis perfectly complimented the fish ~ the cheery pepper slaw was unique ~ just the right amount of slaw and the dressing ~ I always like grilled asparagus, and this didn't let me down. The peanut butter pie was a great way to finish the dinner.

If you get near Beckley WV you have to stop here

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Exceptional food and service in a friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Dish Cafe in Daniels, WV has quickly become my go-to restaurant whenever I am in the Beckley vicinity. I have been there probably a half-dozen times in the past several months and I am struck by how consistent this business is: everything is always immaculately clean, the food is always fresh and flavorful, and the staff is friendly and prompt. After just a couple of visits several of the staff knew my family and I on sight and greeted us like old friends.

They will generally host live music on Saturday nights and are careful to select talented groups that reflect the family-friendly atmosphere, including both local acts and nationally-known ones. My family and I have seen some really excellent musicians perform there.

After all of those may visits I have yet to have a bad experience - it's also really cool that the management is always present and are just as friendly as the wait staff.

If you're anywhere near Beckley get to The Dish Cafe - the quality of food and service is simply outstanding!

• Visited April 2014
Shady Spring, West Virginia
“Great Food & People at The Dish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a awesome place to go for lunch, dinner, appetizers & drinks!! Every meal is great , on the weekend live music. All around a total enjoyable time. We go there with our kids and also just the 2 of us. No matter what size the party, you will have a great time & meal at The Dish!!!

• Visited April 2014
Daniels, West Virginia
“New local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a popular cafe with locals. Health conscious folks find the menu very appealing. Service is great. It might not be the place for a family with young fussy eaters.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Dish has a lot of potential - their menu is interesting and they have created a lot of ambiance in their location in a strip mall. We were there early on a Saturday night, and didn't have to wait for a table. I had a miso glazed salmon, which was cooked beyond my liking (the waitress didn't ask me how I wanted it cooked). My husband had spicy shrimp with polenta. It was good but very rich - a lot of butter was used in both the polenta and the shrimp, and it was a bit overpowering for our tastes. We will probably try this place again when we're back in the area.

Visited March 2014