“Worth the Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Julian
“Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

If you have not experienced the Resort at Glade Springs I would highly recommend you do so in the near future. The property is a perfect location for a weekend of leisure with your family, or that special someone, or for a weekend business trip. The facilities are very well suited to handle a small / medium / large business group, or a simple family get-a-way.
Our association frequents the Resort at Glade Springs on a fairly regular basis and will likely continue to do so well into the future. Representatives such as, Greg Haynes and Anne Ricci went out of their way to accomodate our membership and we are very appreciative! I could highly recommend the Resort at Glade Springs to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
alliance,oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

great golf deer are numerous. food awesome. many lakes ,nature trails. peaceful,great people work there

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Last weekend, I stayed at the Resort at Glade Springs for a wedding and while I had a great time due to the festivities, I was sorely disappointed in the resort. In fact, given my experience, I cannot help but suspect that some of the recent positive reviews on here are fake. Rooms cost over $200 a night and given that I'm usually a budget traveler, I was looking forward to some luxury. I didn't find that at Glade Springs. I stayed in Manor #2, which is a lovely building - from the outside. The rooms themselves are another matter entirely. Ours was dingy with a very ugly and outdated 1990s floral decor. To make things worse, the air conditioning didn't work the first night there, the minibar was out of order, the bathroom door would stick and have to be pulled open with both hands, and we had to phone the front desk to get toilet paper restocked on the second day. I've stayed in $80 a night rooms that are far more pleasant. The management responded promptly to my husband's complaints and did send someone to try to fix the air conditioning and offered a discount on the room; these problems should not have existed in the first place, however. I was also shocked by the fact that the resort charges exorbitant fees for its onsite activities. I didn't participate in any since I was there for a wedding, but saw prices like $80 to go fishing and $100 for a round of golf. I visited the Cafe, which wasn't too bad for tee/coffee and had reasonable prices. However, the food was mediocre at best; a friend ordered an egg dish that should have been warm, but was served practically cold. Bunkers, the onsite bar/restaurant had very slow service overpriced drinks. If I'd stayed at Glade Springs for a vacation rather than a wedding I would have been very disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My wife & I had a great visit at The Resort at Glade Springs while attending the recent West Virginia Manufacturers Association Annual Meeting. While there, we enjoyed drinks with friends at Bunkers, bowling, tennis and relaxing around the pool. We always find Glade Springs to be a relaxing and enjoyable mini-vacation only an hour from home.

Morgantown, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I really enjoyed staying at Glade Springs Resort. I came for a meeting and wish I could have stayed much longer. The facilities were beautiful, my room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was helpful, kind, cheerful and courteous. They must have a bunch of scouts for employees!!

Morgantown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I have stayed and helped organize conferences for over 300 people at The Resort at Glade Springs in 2007 and 2008. The resort, food, and staff are first class. It is an absolutely beautiful property.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I had the opportunity to stay at the Resort at Glade Springs on two occasions last November. First, I attended a conference there and was thrilled with the lodge that I shared with two colleagues. The private bedrooms and baths were beautifully decorated and provided for our every need. We loved sitting in front of the fire at the end of each evening and catching up on what the day had presented. We also made use of the bowling alley and the fitness equipment in the Leisure Center. We experienced wonderfully prepared meals and very attentive and responsive staff people. Everyone we met and interacted with, at the Resort, were warm, friendly and welcoming.
This experience solidified our excitement about hosting our own conference at the Resort at Glade Springs. Our staff, along with approximately 110 other individuals spent three wonderful days and two nights enjoying all of the amenities available at the Resort. As a meeting coordinator, I could not have asked for a more professional, knowledgeable and service-oriented team. The Glade Springs staff anticipated our every need and made recommendations that led to a truly successful conference. The meeting rooms were excellent, the catering was impeccable and our conference participants were thrilled with the accomodations provided for them and also loved the fact that traveling to the resort was quite manageable. There is literally something for everyone at the Resort at Glade Springs. We are looking forward to experiencing the summer activities this year!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!