“Glade Springs in the summer...” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Ski Package
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Glade Springs in the summer...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have visited the resort previously in the winter and fall, however, we recently visited this past July. I have to say the resort grounds are one of the most beautiful, peaceful places I have been. The golf courses are beautifully maintained and a big hit with my family, but we also enjoyed the other outdoor activities this time, like walking and hiking trails, horseback riding, as well as the pool and firepit. But just sitting outside in the evening amazed us all. The abundance of wildlife we were able to observe was plentiful. It was up close and personal without the cages of a zoo.
We met and befriended a couple of other families and enjoyed spending some time with them. I was excited to see as many families as adults attending conferences and couples. The other thing I really liked and recommend is the tours to some of the other sites around this area. The New River Gorge bridge is a sight to behold as well as other natural areas.
Our children especially enjoyed the amenities; being able to enjoy the outdoors and spend time together with family was a welcome difference to our normally hectic lives. It was nice to see them be able to be "kids" enjoying the outdoors. My husband, of course, enjoyed the golf and the spa as well. I'm just so pleased with our visit I can't say enough. We had a great time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chestnut Hill area this time because of our larger group. Next time I would like to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Lisa B,
We are happy to see that you enjoyed the summer season of Glade Springs! Along with the natural and created beauty of our grounds, there is indeed ample wildlife with deer, turkey, squirrels and foxes to be viewed and awed by. We are especially happy that you were able to enjoy our facilities with your family and that the children had fun. We hope to have the fortune of having you with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are looking for an amazing golfing experience for yourself or group, contact Tracy Liliberte at GS Resort. 3 Amazing golf courses which were all in ideal conditions. The accommodations were excellent and comfortably handled the demands of our group (13 golfers). Everything about the resort was top-notch and everyone has already agreed that we are going back again next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Clockett2014,
Thank you for bringing your golf group of 13 to Glade Springs! We are happy that you enjoyed all three of our 18-hole courses and had ideal conditions. Our golf management teams truly provide the wow factor among our golf courses (ranking in the top five in West Virginia). It is fantastic to see that your group will be joining us again next year; we look forward to welcoming you back!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently made a trip to the heart of West Virginia and stayed at The Resort at Glade Springs. What a great experience. Not only is this part of West Virginia beautiful with ample attractions for the outdoors enthusiast to the history buff, but the the resort is just awesome. Excellent rooms and accomodations, great grilles/restaurants on site, beautiful homes and golf. Also served as a great home-base to explore the area as well... so you can either relax there and enjoy the resort or go out into the WV mountains and see some great sites and history.

Staff was on top of it.

Highly recommend an extended stay or even an overnight if you are passing through.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear B W,
Thank you for the kind review and high recommendations! Guests can certainly enjoy the outdoors whether they want to stay onsite or explore in the surrounding mountains. We are delighted that you had a great experience with us and hope you will be back to visit us again soon.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I currently visited Glade Springs to host a business meeting and golf. We do this at least 3-4 times per year. The resort is great. We held our meetings in the conference space at the hotel which were just the size we needed. We golfed the second half of the day on the stonehaven course. All my guys had a great time. The courses looked great. Very well kept. We didn’t want to set anything big up for dinner, so we just met up at Bunkers afterwards. The staff at bunkers were great. They were able to sit all of us guys together and take great care of us. I come down to glade quite often, and whether it is just to golf or for work, everything is always good. I have a great time at the resort and highly recommend anyone check glade out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear JRod64,
Thank you for bringing your meeting and golf group to Glade Springs! We are quite pleased to see that your group had a great time and our Bunkers staff took good care of you. We look forward to hosting your group again in the near future!
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I worked with Tracy Liliberte at GS to book a 3 golf trip for 8 senior couples. Tracy was extremely easy to work with and everything was taken care of. We stayed in a Manor house which was perfectly suited for our group. We were able to walk to the Rotunda for a wonderful full buffet breakfast each morning. Everyone liked it. We are already planning to return next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello JeffA92952,
Thank you for the kind review and sharing with our travelers! Our Manor Houses are great for couples, golf groups and family reunions and we are happy they worked well for you. I will share these accolades with Tracey. We look forward to hosting your couples golf outing next year!
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My two young grandsons and I spent a great weekend at the Resort at Glade Springs for a business/family trip! We were immediately greeted with a warm welcome and friendly personality at the front desk where we were directed to our room in the Executive Suites. Our room was clean and comfortable with all the ammenities I expected. Breakfast at the Rotunda was excellent! My grandsons had all their favorite foods as well as many light/ healthy choices for me. Once again, a friendly and courteous staff! I was very impressed with my visit to the Spa and Salon as everyone was friendly and courteous... directing my grandsons to the gaming room and indoor basketball court where they could entertain themselves while I was enjoying the services offered in the Salon and Spa. The indoor pool was another great feature as we had a rain day. Very well kept and very clean! The grounds of the Resort at Glade Springs are absolutely beautiful, clean and well manicured! For the business side of my trip... every detail was taken care of and every need met. Tee times/boardroom meetings/ planned dinners/luncheons and extra-curricular activities went off without a hitch. Communications between myself and the staff at Glade Springs was excellent and when we experienced a "rain-night" for our pool party/dinner, plans were immediately changed to the beautiful tent near the pool and the party was awesome! I would recommend the Resort at Glade Springs for a week-end getaway, golf outing, business trip or family vacation... as well as a beautiful place for a wedding! I am certainly looking forward to next summer as I will be staying at this resort again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Lori R,
Thank you for sharing this great review with our travel community! We are pleased to know that our resort was successful from the planning to the orchestration of your events and that we will have the good fortune of doing it again next summer! It is nice to see that you enjoyed the grounds, lodging, spa, dining and activities with our welcoming personalities as satisfaction is what we strive for. We look forward to working with you again and welcoming your group back!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you LOVE GOLF and HATE the HEAT - head to the Glade Springs Resort in Daniels WV approx. 3 hours North of Charlotte,NC. I just completed my annual golf trip in the middle of July where the average temp is 80 degrees and 3 beautiful golf courses. A cold front had our actual temp average around 72 for the week. Justin Beard the Golf Director made the Golf experience for our Group of 40 most enjoyable. The Resort Staff - especially the Ladies (Ms. Jennifer) and Chef Sam at the Bunkers Grill, the Glade Restaurant handled our group with ease. Chef Sam even prepared a special meal for our Awards Banquet (choice of Ribeye, Shrimp Scampi or Salmon) all were excellent. Be sure to ask for his special Fried Green Beans. I do want to mention that the Michelle Meadows made the Booking and Billing of our trip smooth and simple. And a Special Thanks to Anna Kincaid of Conference Services for our private room and special meal for our Awards Banquet. All the wait staff handled our 40 hungry and thirsty Golfers for 5 day 4 night experience with ease. This was our 18th annual trip and the First to Glade Springs - but it won't be the Last. We typically go to Myrtle Beach but the Heat of July encouraged us to go North. It was not only cooler, but closer to Charlotte as well. No big crowds or traffic jams, no need to leave the Resort because the Food and Service is top notch. I almost forgot to mention the 3 Golf Courses - two of the top five in the state are at Glade Springs. The Cobb course is traditional, Stonehaven elevation changes, and the Woodhaven is a tough demanding course (we used it for a Captains Choice). This week the West Virginia Open is being played on the Cobb Course. I'm ready to go back today - I definitely won't wait until next year's Annual Trip.

Room Tip: Accomondations range from single rooms in the INN to six bedroom Lodges. We had 40 golfers staying i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello George C,
Thank you for the fantastic review and rating! It was a pleasure having your 40 person golf group at Glade Springs for your first visit and we would certainly love to have you back for many more. We appreciate you mentioning of all of the associates who took exceptional care of you and your group and we will share these accolades with them. Thank you for choosing Glade Springs!

Been to The Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!