“Couples golf outing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daniels
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Couples golf outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I worked with Tracy Liliberte at GS to book a 3 golf trip for 8 senior couples. Tracy was extremely easy to work with and everything was taken care of. We stayed in a Manor house which was perfectly suited for our group. We were able to walk to the Rotunda for a wonderful full buffet breakfast each morning. Everyone liked it. We are already planning to return next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello JeffA92952,
Thank you for the kind review and sharing with our travelers! Our Manor Houses are great for couples, golf groups and family reunions and we are happy they worked well for you. I will share these accolades with Tracey. We look forward to hosting your couples golf outing next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My two young grandsons and I spent a great weekend at the Resort at Glade Springs for a business/family trip! We were immediately greeted with a warm welcome and friendly personality at the front desk where we were directed to our room in the Executive Suites. Our room was clean and comfortable with all the ammenities I expected. Breakfast at the Rotunda was excellent! My grandsons had all their favorite foods as well as many light/ healthy choices for me. Once again, a friendly and courteous staff! I was very impressed with my visit to the Spa and Salon as everyone was friendly and courteous... directing my grandsons to the gaming room and indoor basketball court where they could entertain themselves while I was enjoying the services offered in the Salon and Spa. The indoor pool was another great feature as we had a rain day. Very well kept and very clean! The grounds of the Resort at Glade Springs are absolutely beautiful, clean and well manicured! For the business side of my trip... every detail was taken care of and every need met. Tee times/boardroom meetings/ planned dinners/luncheons and extra-curricular activities went off without a hitch. Communications between myself and the staff at Glade Springs was excellent and when we experienced a "rain-night" for our pool party/dinner, plans were immediately changed to the beautiful tent near the pool and the party was awesome! I would recommend the Resort at Glade Springs for a week-end getaway, golf outing, business trip or family vacation... as well as a beautiful place for a wedding! I am certainly looking forward to next summer as I will be staying at this resort again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DeAnna D, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Glade Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Lori R,
Thank you for sharing this great review with our travel community! We are pleased to know that our resort was successful from the planning to the orchestration of your events and that we will have the good fortune of doing it again next summer! It is nice to see that you enjoyed the grounds, lodging, spa, dining and activities with our welcoming personalities as satisfaction is what we strive for. We look forward to working with you again and welcoming your group back!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you LOVE GOLF and HATE the HEAT - head to the Glade Springs Resort in Daniels WV approx. 3 hours North of Charlotte,NC. I just completed my annual golf trip in the middle of July where the average temp is 80 degrees and 3 beautiful golf courses. A cold front had our actual temp average around 72 for the week. Justin Beard the Golf Director made the Golf experience for our Group of 40 most enjoyable. The Resort Staff - especially the Ladies (Ms. Jennifer) and Chef Sam at the Bunkers Grill, the Glade Restaurant handled our group with ease. Chef Sam even prepared a special meal for our Awards Banquet (choice of Ribeye, Shrimp Scampi or Salmon) all were excellent. Be sure to ask for his special Fried Green Beans. I do want to mention that the Michelle Meadows made the Booking and Billing of our trip smooth and simple. And a Special Thanks to Anna Kincaid of Conference Services for our private room and special meal for our Awards Banquet. All the wait staff handled our 40 hungry and thirsty Golfers for 5 day 4 night experience with ease. This was our 18th annual trip and the First to Glade Springs - but it won't be the Last. We typically go to Myrtle Beach but the Heat of July encouraged us to go North. It was not only cooler, but closer to Charlotte as well. No big crowds or traffic jams, no need to leave the Resort because the Food and Service is top notch. I almost forgot to mention the 3 Golf Courses - two of the top five in the state are at Glade Springs. The Cobb course is traditional, Stonehaven elevation changes, and the Woodhaven is a tough demanding course (we used it for a Captains Choice). This week the West Virginia Open is being played on the Cobb Course. I'm ready to go back today - I definitely won't wait until next year's Annual Trip.

Room Tip: Accomondations range from single rooms in the INN to six bedroom Lodges. We had 40 golfers staying i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello George C,
Thank you for the fantastic review and rating! It was a pleasure having your 40 person golf group at Glade Springs for your first visit and we would certainly love to have you back for many more. We appreciate you mentioning of all of the associates who took exceptional care of you and your group and we will share these accolades with them. Thank you for choosing Glade Springs!
Bradford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just left the resort after a three day getaway. It was a belated anniversary celebration. Even though our stay was okay, I wish I had chosen somewhere else for this occasion. I took advantage of a Groupon deal and am relieved we had not paid any more to stay there. I always try to find something positive to say before I critique - so here goes: The biggest positive is the resort itself. The location is wonderful. Nestled in the hills of southern West Virginia, it is a beautiful area. The grounds are lovely and I appreciated the gated community. Delightful landscaping with pretty flowers everywhere- it was so nice just to walk around. So - now for the not so good stuff: My biggest disappointment was the fact that the night before we arrived there was a fire which destroyed the outdoor pool pump house so therefore the pool was closed for our entire stay. I understand that this was a situation out of their control but this was not mentioned to us during check in and we found out thru a shuttle driver the next afternoon when I mentioned heading to the pool ( one of my favorite pastimes on vacation) . I tried the indoor pool but as others mentioned on here it was cold and no lounges - just some straight back chairs. I noticed there was an outdoor pool by their Woodhaven golf course but was told I could not use it - it was only for residents . When I expressed my unhappiness about this - no attempt was made to compensate for this situation. Like other reviewers on here - I found the front desk to be rather cold and uncaring . I had also looked forward to using the paddle boats - they did not have them. When we made our dinner reservations at the Grill our first night , I mentioned we were celebrating a big anniversary and the front desk clerk said she would make a note of it but nothing was said or done at the restaurant to acknowledge this. Our accommodations in a King Executive Suite left much to be desired . The air conditioning units in both the living room and bedroom areas were so loud. Add to that a toilet that would suddenly make noises because the tank was leaking and it made for a noisy stay. Granted I did not mention the toilet to the front desk but there is no way the daily house cleaner was not aware of this. There were little things that were overlooked - coffee packs not restocked during cleaning, and bathroom and living room not thoroughly cleaned each day. This was our first visit to the resort and will probably be our only one. All these little disappointments added up. Having stayed at other resorts and hotels where staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special, The Resort at Glade Springs is lacking in this area.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear proupe,
We are sincerely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your anniversary celebration trip. It was very unfortunate that the fire caused our outdoor pool to be closed during your visit and we are sorry this was not relayed to you upon your arrival. This can understandably damper a vacation when you are looking forward to an outdoor pool. This happened late Friday night and on Saturday we were planning alternative options. We now have an alternate outdoor pool at a sister property that is just minutes away and we are shuttling our guests to and from this pool until our pump house is back up. Our indoor pool water temperature is maintained in the upper 80 degree level, typically around 88. This week we have added several lounge chairs at the indoor pool to accommodate the increase of guest usage. Regarding our paddle boats, we temporarily removed them and added paddle boards and water balls but still offer kayaks and canoes. We hope to have the paddle boats out soon. The front desk and housekeeping issues have already been addressed with our management team. We would love to have another opportunity to show you a better experience if you would consider coming back. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your recent and future visit at 307-763-0816. I hope to hear from you soon.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Exceptional staff went out of their way to accomodate 40 golfers from the Carolinas for an entire week. From booking to checkout and everything in between: golf, eating and coordination of events during the week, Glade Springs provided excellent service. Even the chef came out each night to check on our group and to make sure all was well. Accomodations were spacious, comfortable and convenient. Food was excellent. Courses were scenic, in great shape and fun to play. Don't hesitate to contact the Glade Springs conference service manager to coordinate for your group.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello H M,
Thank you for bringing your golf group of 40 to Glade Springs! It is rewarding to see that everything from booking to check out was smooth and that you received excellent service. We hope you join us again next year or sooner!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

In July, I executed a program for over 60 high-end individuals at the Resort at Glade Springs. After reviewing the needs and expectations, Glade proceeded to surpass all of our hopes.

Prior to our event, I was invited to meet with the heads of each department twice to review any changes, ask questions, and problem solve before the event even started. The wonderful staff made several suggestions that we ended up moving forward with - after all they know the property and their abilities than anyone else.

Paula & Chef Sam created new menu items, a custom welcome platter and customized other meals to help us meet the needs of all our guests. Paula & Greg made sure they had more than enough staffing at each meal and throughout the check-in and out process to ensure our guests never waited in line and had an amazing experience. The housekeeping staff stepped in to drop gifts in the guest rooms. The front desk staff helped provide assistance and guidance to staff and guests throughout the week in terms of resort and area offerings, and offered to make arrangements at any activities we wanted to participate in. Every employee that I came across always had a smile on their face and promptly asked if there was anything they could do for me (several staff members and guests actually made similar comments about the helpful nature of Glade staff.

For guests that brought kids to the program, Glade offered their Kid's Night Out program. The kids loved it. The counselor gave them several options of activities that were suitable for their age and the kids chose to play laser tag. It was a wonderful success that the parents and kids enjoyed.

There are several types of accommodations spread out over the property, we had people in the Inn, Executive Suites, Manor Houses, Chestnut Hill Lodge and Villas. The rooms were clean and well taken care of and the grounds are well manicured. Everyone was pleased with their rooms and was appreciative of the shuttle that would take them to and from the different program areas we were using.

If you are looking for a property that makes you feel like you are disconnected from the modern world (while having all the conveniences of home - free wifi, cable TV, and the likes), where you can unwind and slow down while golfing the Cobb course, strolling the trails, or being pampered in the spa, this is the place for you.

As an event planner who has worked with some of the best hotels in the nation, Glade Springs is one of my favorite locations to produce events.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ashley H,
We are thrilled to see our resort and associates surpassed all of your hopes for your program! We have an amazing team who truly care about the needs and satisfaction of our guests. It was a pleasure having your group here and we look forward to working with you again! Thank you for the high recommendations and for bringing your program to Glade Springs!
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at The Resort at Glade Springs in early June 2014 for a conference/annual meeting and really enjoyed my stay! Since my organization was hosting the meeting, we worked with the sales team (Heather and Peggy) prior to the event and everything ran smooth. Our rooms were located in The Inn portion and they were beautiful, clean, and spacious. I thought the food was good too -- we had a buffet style for our attendees and although the options were limited, everything tasted great. We even went bowling one evening as a teambuilding activity and had a blast! This was my first visit to the resort and I definitely see why people like it. If you're looking for a nice getaway or a place for a meeting, I highly recommend giving them a call.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear sarapricex3,
Thank you for the great review and feedback! We are delighted to see that your conference went smooth and that your group had a blast bowling. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to hosting your conference again!

Been to Resort at Glade Springs? Share your experiences!