We did not really have a big idea of what the resort would be like but were very pleasantly surprised after entering the main gateway to the resort & gated community of Glade Springs. We stayed in the executive suites which were in little white buildings to the right of the main hotel & check in area. Felt like a cozy little private apartment and just a quick walk over to the main building for a way above average buffet breakfast that helped get us ready to ski. I think they told us the executive suite rooms were redone in 2010. They were modern and the bathroom was nice & clean...great water pressure for showers.
We were there for our anniversary weekend plus to ski for two days. Our first night there after check-in we had reservations at the Italian Grille overlooking the golf course on the property. It was more upscale and great food and great service. The next day we were supposed to ski but got rained out half way through the day but it was not a disappointment. We simply road back the resort and headed over to the Rec Building for bowling, arcade games, swimming & hot tub time. The bowling alley was great!! Very clean, smoke free, and so much fun. We didn't even miss not getting to ski because the resort offered so many other things to do while it was raining.
That evening we ate at the more casual restaurant/bar next to the Italian Grille. It had big soft leather couches, lots of giant flat screens, pool tables, etc. It was a Sunday night so we were pretty much the only people there so we had great service and fantastic upscale bar food.
We were extremely pleased with the service from all the employees on the resort as well as pleased with the décor, rooms, & restaurants. They even offer a free shuttle service to take you anywhere around the resort if you wanted to have a few drinks and not back & forth from your room.
Excited to return in a couple years with our daughter to take her skiing for the first time and happy to know if she hates skiing, that we can always go back to the resort and she will have a blast there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia