My family has stayed at Glade Springs July 2013 & April 2012. We will NOT return.
On our April 2012 visit we stayed Friday - Sunday in one of the Manor houses. Accomodations were newly remodeled... we knew this because one closet was filled with construction items such paint cans, rolls of plastic, brushes, etc. Upon calling the frontdesk to ask if these items could be removed from the closet, the answer was "no, we have nowhere else to store the items". Really? Ok, other than that, the room with 2dbl beds, living area and kitchen was nice. We ate Bunkers Sports Bar, Glade Grill, & Rotunda. Food was just ok at all 3, service lousy at Bunkers, good at Glade Grill & Rotunda. Bowling & Swimming were good. The spa was mediocre... no relaxation room prior to treatment which was a big disappointment. Waiting room was busy & noisy so not a good place to sit right before going in to a massage.
Our July 2013 stay was terrible. We booked 2nts in a 3bdrm Chestnut Lodge. Rm spacious but very dated, ugly furninshings, smelled very moldy. We found out all accomodations at resort had been remodeled except for these units... this would have been great information when booking the reservation, not after arrival. Arrived late so went to Bunkers Sports Bar, 5ppl in our party. Very busy but had lots of staff on duty, however only a few were actually working. We waited 30minutes to get drinks another 30minutes to get appetizer, and another 60min when only 3of 5 sandwiches arrived. They boxed up the 3since it was now 10pm, We were charged full price, $69 for nachos, 3chkn sandwhiches & 5cokes. We spoke to mgr & he was rude & unapologetic. He said "everyone just came in at once"... they were grossly unprepared for a big crowd during 4th of July weekend. Upon checkout, all the resorts' systems were down & we could not get a receipt.
But, regardless of the smelly room, horrible dining service, the whole experience was terrible due to the "regular" patrons... The resort is centered in a nice private subdivision so the residents are "members". Upon both visits in 2012 & 2013, the public display of drunkeness & lewd behavior in the restaurants, bowling ally, & pool, were not suited for "family" atmosphere. Both visits, older men heavy flirting with young girls, loud profanity on the deck of restaurant & in restaurant. We could definately tell the "regulars" from the "visitors". Since we witnessed this behavior during both visits, it seems this is the norm at this resort. Terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia