On the surface the Glade Springs Resort was supposed to be a place for myself and my three high school buddies to celebrate our 40th birthday year. The Oakville Lane villa was nice, although my bed was broken. The inclusive breakfast was ordinary and boring, the Bunker Sports Bar was over staffed, yet slow, the food was unexciting and bland and the staff was reluctant to change any of the TVs to the Stanley Cup Finals (we had to reserve the TV for Game 2); the Glade Grill was supposed to be the upscale restaurant at the Resort. The wine list was limited and the food,once again was pedstrian. We wanted to rent a gas grill so we could cook for ourselves, but at $50/ day it would have been cheaper to buy a $50 grill and charcoal for the four nights and leave it behind. There is not much else around in the area, so you are stuck at the resort.
Golf was the focal point of our trip, but two of our days we were competing with a tournament on the Stonehaven and Cobb courses and forced over to the Woodhaven course. The Woodhaven course is a joke. So many tricked-out holes that it was not fun to play. And that sentiment was echoed by many members and residents of the resort that we spoke to afterwards. The Cobb Course was fantastic, playable for all levels of golfers in my group. Stonehaven was the highlight of Glade Springs. Even though the pro shop screwed up our tee time, they squeezed us in. The backside played slow as they had a mix of two and three balls on the course.
The reservation manager, Shannon was very helpful with scheduling a rafting trip on the New River with Adventures on the Gorge. If I had to do it all over again, I would skip Woodhaven Golf Course and stay at Adventures on the Gorge; do two days of rafting and just play Stonehaven and Cobb. The food up at the Adventures resort was great, and we did not even go to the upscale outdoor bistro place. We ate at the bar after rafting and left very satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia