“You won't be disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
highwayman935
“You won't be disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Fast check in, clean room, quiet, polite staff, and close to a number of restaurants and stores.... really, what else is there to say?

I wound up selecting this hotel while in Charleston for training. Being my first time in Charleston, I wasn't sure where to stay. Trip Advisor reviews ultimately made up my mind.

Some folks don't like Choice Hotels but I have yet to be disappointed. There was a decent breakfast in the morning, cookies in the afternoon, popcorn in the late afternoon. Seriously - made my day after spending 8-10 hours working on traffic incident management or CPR Instructor's Course.

This place was designed for business. The rooms, the awesome walk in shower was great, but the ergonomic chairs in each room made my day!

They have great rates for federal, state, and local government employees too!

This is my new "go to" place in Charleston.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is Great! They do everything well, all of the small things that good hotels do, they do it. My only complaint would be that the room is incredibly small, now if you are traveling on business or if it is just you and your significant other, then there is plenty of space. The bathroom is very small, but the shower is surprisingly spacious. The popcorn at check in was greatly appreciated. The best part was the breakfast, it was amazing. This hotel is what all hotels should strive to be.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is a very nice place to stay if you are in the Cross Lanes area... Close to plenty of stores and restaurants... The rooms were perfectly clean which is always a good thing.... Very nice and helpful staff, good breakfast, popcorn in the evenings... Nice and clean pool area... The only thing that we did not like was how small the bathroom was and it had no tub just a shower, but overall that was not a big deal and we will definitely stay here again.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Benwood, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel is top notch! When I got there my room was cancelled but they upgraded my room for free. They have a hot breakfast every morning along with breakfast bags to go. They also have popcorn in the evening and one night they had chicken soup. The pool room is very nice only downfall to the spa was you couldn't be alone. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SleepInnandSuites, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor! Our staff appreciates being recognized for their hard work! We look forward to seeing you again!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling with my daughter's school group and this is where they chose to stay. I have to say that I would have NEVER given it a chance based on the name alone(given my hotel snob status) had I been choosing. So glad I took the chance even though I complained daily before I went! I cannot say enough about this hotel. Immaculate, great service, very friendly staff, very comfortable beds...i think there were 6 fluffy pillows on my king size bed as well as two more in the closet with extra blankets)Honestly it was the cleanest hotel I have been in for a long time, every detail was superb. Give it a try...its very very close to the casino, restaurants etc so very convenient. It was a little hard to find where to turn(maybe its my lack of observation skills) from the main road but if that's all I can come up with to be remotely a negative then that's pretty good! I notice details and in the in room book of phone numbers etc, there is a letter from the owners with name and contact info should there be any issues. That was impressive! Dont hesitate based on the Sleep Inn name. I would have missed an exemplary experience had I been choosing on my own. I will be back without question if the school group ever returns to that area. Very well done!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We are very happy that we surprised you. Everyone here tries very hard to pay attention to all of the little details. It means a lot to us that you noticed. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel in crosslanes. The rooms are nice, the pool and spa are good, the service is friendly, there is a cool rec room, there is free popcorn and breakfast. What more do you need?

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for choosing our Sleep Inn!
Strasburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. My husband was in the area on business, and I tagged along for fun. We loved the scent of warm chocolate chip cookies and popcorn greeting us as we arrived and learned we had been upgraded to a king room. The room was much more spacious than our single queen bed from last year and left me plenty of room to complete a workout DVD on Sunday morning. There is a fitness center on the first floor which has three treadmills and an elliptical, no free weights. I also suggest enjoying the indoor hot tub and pool which I had all to myself for about an hour one afternoon. Very relaxing. Breakfast offered both hot and cold options and even had hot rice, chopsticks, and various accompaniments. Also, there is a Fridays just a three minute walk down the road, which is convenient if you don't feel like driving. In addition, there's a movie theater about a mile away and a shopping plaza with a Wal-mart and other dining options. You will also find Mardi Gras Casino nearby, and on Saturday night we took the free, quick-to-arrive shuttle from the hotel to the casino. It's only a 5-10 minute trip depending on additional stops that they need to make. The only concern we had at the hotel was the sitting area right outside our room (complete with couches and comfortable chairs) where a party of 8-10 quite loudly ate pizza, talked, and laughed well past midnight, and we couldn't get to sleep. I realize we could have called the front desk, but we didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Other than that, we had a great experience. If you plan to visit the Cross Lanes area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for recommending our Sleep Inn! We appreciate all of your kind comments. I am so sorry that you were kept awake by other guests. Please always do call the front desk whenever there is noise. We want to make sure that all of our guests get a good night's sleep. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!