“An oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Cross Lanes
intl falls, mn
“An oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The two desk personnel, Cory and Moni, were vere helpful, accommodating, and friendly. We appreciated their gracious help. The rooms are very nicely decorated, spotlessly clean and quiet. The indoor and outdoor pool along with the workout room are very pleasant places to be. The attached bar and grill offers very reasonable drinks ($3 for a microbrew) and decent sandwiches. The setting offers a nice view of the hills, and the location, off the crazy I64 is convenient. A quite tasty full breakfast buffet was a nice touch. $79 seemed expensive, but you won't get a nicer place for that price. In fact, without a coupon this Comfort Inn is over $100.

The only negative was the spotty internet service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your remarks! You seemed to have taken full advantage of all of our amenties and we are happy your experience was one to brag about. Thank you.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The fact is, this fairly large place is in dire need of renovation, but if you can overlook the broken elevator, long gloomy hallways, and smelly/ineffective air conditioning system, it does have good points: the staff is accommodating and welcoming, the breakfast is much better than average, the kids like the indoor pool, jocks like the better than average fitness center [though the treadmill was dead], and the nice touchpad entry system gives you a feeling of security. And, it's the closest hotel to the Mardi Gras Casino . . . and you can call a shuttle that will take you to and from the casino. It has a bar with food if that's of interest. Bottom line: sleep was hard to come by because the room was cold and clammy.

Room Tip: Choose a downstairs room if you have a lot of heavy luggage.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Your comments are important to us. And we will use them to enhance our progress. Thank you for the good points. Our staff will appreciate your kind comments.

Our hotel is in the middle of a $1.5 million renovation. And we have strategically planned our upgrades so our guests will enjoy their stay without the hassle these changes can sometimes cause. We just finished a new lobby, a newly renovated breakfast area, our front public areas as well as a brand new front desk. And we have a projected date to complete more of our plans.

Good news! The treadmill was fixed the same day. As for the elevator, it is a brand new construction for us and should be completed in two weeks. We figured our the problem with the A/C and have since taken care of it. So, come back and give us another chance to show you a newer side of hospitality.
Medina, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here because it was convenient to the casino. It is in need of major updating ( let me put it this way...decor was done in hunter green and burgundy...that goes back to the 1980's) The room was clean but felt dark and gloomy. Bed linens were thin and pillows need replacing. For $109 it's a place to stop in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am excited to tell you that we are in the middle of a $1.5 million renovation. While our original rooms are nice and clean we have all of our rooms on scheule for a new decor rnovation. We have just completed a brand new lobby and elevator. Just two months ago we renovated our front desk, meeting room, and breakfast area. We also would love for you to return to stay in one of our completed newly remodeled rooms so you are able to be as excited as we are about their modern, chic decor. We pride ourselves on purchasing linen that is above the standard and I apologize that your linens were not up to par. It is comments like this that help us be more proactive in removing thin linens during our very busy season. Please check out our new rooms on Facebook. Thank you again.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few different times over the last couple of years. Always nice stay and happy to know that the elevator will be finished this coming week so I don't have to panic to get a first floor room due to the amount of "stuff" I travel with LOL

The only thing that will discourage me from staying here again when in town is in the past they always had a variety of fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and popcorn in the lobby when you arrived. For some unknown reason, they have stopped this feature and from talking to other guests and staff, I'm not the only one not happy by the change. Please bring both the cookies and popcorn back so my next stay will be perfect :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty to our property and we are proud to call guests like your "Ours". We did not realize the cookies and popcorn would be so missed. I will make sure we get the popcorn machine back and I will work on the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. I loved them myself.;)))
Rich Square, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good: Hot breakfast, Heated indoor pool, Clean rooms
Bad: Cold outdoor pool, A/C so-so, Long walk to pool
The breakfast was awesome. Eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Two waffle makers made the wait short. The breakfast was maintained by two people who constantly restock food and beverages. The good definitely outweighed the bad. I mean a long walk to the pool was only a few hundred feet. It was heated, but not overly so. The outdoor pool was cool, but the kids still enjoyed it as well. It was a bit chilly for me, but I may have been spoiled from being in the heated one. The laundry room was next to my room which helped us and I never heard it. There is a mini-store at the front desk with candies and drinks that can be purchased 24 hours a day. Very friendly staff. It was my first visit to WV and I left quite happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
A little Southern Hospitality we lik to call it. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed our tasty breakfast. Our in door and outdoor poos are kept at a heated temperature of 85 degrees. We'll check the outdoor. Thank you and come back to see us.
Putnam COUnty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you're looking for a great hotel with awesome service and the best manager (Cindy Bagwell) on the planet, PLEASE stay at the Cross Lanes Comfort Inn... I've stayed there MANY times and this hotel treats is guests like they are at a Hyatt! The indoor pool is great, and the seasonal outdoor pool is a great place for a tan and cool water.

Nearby is the Mardi-Gras Casino.... A Bob Evans, Fridays, Taco Bell and Wendy's, or you can order room-service food and eat at the pool or in your room... The hot breakfast can't be beat!!!

The rooms are clean and large!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you pointing our our room service for guest rooms and our pools. We are happy you enjoy your stays with us.
Martinsburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. First, off there are no stairs, pack light or ask for a first floor room. Since I would be here a week, I had to ask for a room with microwave/fridge. The first room they gave me was on the other end of the building at the top of the stairs right beside a loud/broken ice machine. I figured it would be okay once I got in my room and had the door closed. I was wrong, I could still hear the machine. And to add to it, I was right beside a road that had 2 semi's pass by within 10 minutes. I called the desk and asked for a room change. The woman seemed to have an issue with this and told me she would call back. She called back approximately 5 minutes later and said come get your keys, this room should be better. We I got moved on top of the welcome desk. The wifi is great here, but the traffic checking in and out of the hotel is just as bad as the busy road. I dealt with it, but the morning checkouts were getting annoying. I have an issue with hotel maids after having my identity stolen a while back. Because of this, I have to ask the front desk for towels/shampoo/ etc. I asked for new towels on day and was not given any, so I went to the outside pool and took a few from the stash there. One night on my way into the hotel, I stopped and asked for shampoo/soap/conditioner. The woman was too busy having a personal conversation on the phone to look and said she didn't have any and would have someone drop some off in 10 minutes. I never received any. I then went back to the desk in the morning to get some, and the woman was too busy reading the paper behind the desk to acknowledge me. She had to then walk down the hall to get some, only to come back with no conditioner. The free breakfast sucks, unless you get there when it opens. They do not replenish the items and once they're gone, they're gone. They also have no ice at breakfast, so every morning I asked the woman working the coffee bar for ice. She would walk across the hall into the bar and fill up my cup with ice. Well my last morning there, a new woman was at the coffee bar and refused to fill up my ice. Instead she handed me a plastic cup and walked me to the closest ice machine, 40 rooms down the hall. The fitness center is nice, but the treadmill is broken, and it overlooks the indoor pool. The outdoor pool is nice, no complaints there. A week before this, I stayed at the Dunbar Plaza Motel, and I would definitely stay there again, than stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback. Also, I would like to apologize for the the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. The level of service you wrote about disappointing and truly not how we want you to preceive our hotel. I would like for you to return so we can regain your confidence.

Been to Comfort Inn Charleston WV? Share your experiences!