“Not one, but TWO pools! Squeaky clean and quiet.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Apalachin, New York, USA
“Not one, but TWO pools! Squeaky clean and quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My kids love to swim, so we always stay at a hotel with a pool. This hotel has TWO!!! One is outdoor (with softly glowing lights that change color in the evening) and one is indoor. Both have waterfalls (which the kids loved to play under) and the indoor one is heated. One additional bonus is a bar which is attached to both the lobby area and the outdoor pool. I could imagine myself relaxing with a drink poolside (while I didn't get a chance to this time).

The other thing I look for is clean. I don't mind older décor as long as everything is clean. In this case the entire place looks like it was built yesterday, and our room was spotless. They were sold out the night we stayed, and I never heard a sound from our room.

More expensive than some Comfort Inns I've stayed at, but well worth the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
We are pleased our property was a plus for your entire family. I am happy to know you took the time to enjoy the true amenities of the property. Thank you and welcome again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very clean rooms. No problems with staff. Cleaning ladies were very nice and did a great job. Parking was a little tight because we spent the weekend and it was full. Mattresses were comfortable-not too soft or too hard. The breakfast was good. It had meat, eggs, waffles, gravy and everything else that goes with a continental breakfast.. There were no surprise, which is a good thing. Price was a little high but well worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased your enjoyed the property and staff. We will see you all again in the future.
Flushing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

July 15th,2013 : A bit tricky to find at night. It took a long time (30 min +) to get checked in . Only one person at desk at 930pm. She tried to be personable with everyone and therefore was quite chatty with each person. There were 4 people ahead of me and she had to deal with guest interruptions, phone and check ins. Breakfast was okay. Hot tub not working. Outside access to rooms/pool. No elevators. Building one I was told--good luck with that luggage,cooler,etc.

Room Tip: Outside access to room and OH---no elevator access to 2nd floor we were on.Good luck with small kids...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. We invite you back to stay with us in the near future.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend away. Have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. The hotel features clean rooms, a good continental breakfast , nice indoor pool and hot tub with waterfall. It offers shuttle service in the evenings to the Mardi Gras Casino up the road which is handy . They have been doing remodeling and the place is really nice. Only complaint there is not an elevator so if you are staying upstairs you must take the stairs.
Good value and located a short drive to Charleston , WV the capitol city and about a half hour from Huntington, WV.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty to our property. Your comments are appreciated. Great news, the new elevator will be finished in 3 weeks. We look forward to your return visit.
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

With all the competition, this place really needs to step up its game to get a better than average rating from this reviewer. Our first impression here was formed with not-so-friendly and matter-of-fact Monet at the front desk. I've been in customer service 10 years and have never been so condescending or aloof. In addition, this hotel is a strange labyrinth. We were given keys and told bluntly to use door "D" and use code "1234" and that our room was "123" (for illustration's sake). Would you know what that means? Me neither. Our friendly clerk didn't provide directions, and there were no building maps to be found. The room was average, the rate higher than it should be. I don't care if they can match prices, so can Walmart but I don't shop there based on principal. I wouldn't stay here again on principal: they need to train employees like Monet to be friendlier and more respectful to their guests.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will use them to provide better than outstanding service.
Liberty, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I knew they had a bar from reading the website. I had no idea the bar would actually be right in the center of the sleeping rooms. Our room, #205, was right above it. Who in the world puts a family with kids directly above a bar??? We heard loud music until atleast 1:00 am, until I finally fell asleep from exhaustion. The hotel was slam full with ball teams, church groups, and families. I have to agree with others complaining about a weird smell. I was just too tired from traveling to leave. Besides, the kids saw the pools and fell in love. That is my only positive about this place. The breakfast area was a mob of people who, apparently, have never seen free food before. They ate like starving sailors and cleared all the food in seconds. I felt sorry for the one (yes, only one) breakfast attendant. I encountered one hotel employee and asked this person if it was always this bad, and this person said yes. I was hoping I just chose the wrong night. My family travels a lot and this was my worst hotel choice ever.

Room Tip: Avoid all together. If you must stay here, demand a room on the farthest end from the bar. Get up...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am glad you all enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. I understand a crowded hotel can be a bit challenging. I can assure you this was a rare occassion yet, it is comments like yours that will provide us with the information we will use to improve in situations like this one. I encourage your return visit to our property to gain your confidence in us.
Windy City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Loved this Comfort Inn outside of Charleston on beautiful highway drive with gorgeous setting in mountains, pools (indoor and out) and super service from Sandie in breakfast room. Nearby restaurants as well as bar in the motel allowed us to enjoy a relaxing and scenic evening and the kids got to play and slept like babies.

Bill and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments detailing the observations of the beauty our property and this area has to offer. It's nice to know you all enjoyed relaxing and we welcome you back to our area soon.

Been to Comfort Inn Charleston WV? Share your experiences!