“Best Stay...Best Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
“Best Stay...Best Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My family just spent 8 days at the Comfort Inn at Charleston while my husband coached in the North/South All-Star game. It was very clean with an extremely friendly staff. Staying there by myself with two young children, I felt safe with the coded doors, personnel present, and well-lit parking lots. It is very centrally located and we were close to food and shopping. Both of the pools are in excellent condition and the entire place is well maintained. They are currently doing some renovations, which will make this hotel even better. I NEVER write reviews, however, this hotel deserves snaps for a more than job well done! I highly recommend this Comfort Inn if you are ever anywhere near!

• Stayed June 2013
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to list the details of how we made your stay with us the Best. We appreciate the "Snaps" and look forward to making your future stays with us even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Greensburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel was very clean and convenient to restaurants and stores. The only thing that I didn't like was the free breakfast, it didn't have a good taste. Anyway it was free, right? The pool and spa are absolutely wonderful! We totally enjoyed the stay and plan to stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: We had an end room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind and constructivecomments. We look forward to seeing you upon your return.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

No elevator! One key card did not work and even when fixed you had to wiggle and jiggle to get the reader to work. Remote was broken and when replaced we had to reprogram it ourselves! Bed was uncomfortable. Coffee pot was disgusting. Had to wear socks because carpet was weirdly sticky. I could go on...and I won't go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your willingness to do so because it let's us know what we are doing right and in this case what we can do to improve. We hope you will stay with us again to show you that your experience is not typical of how we wish to present our hotel. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Wood Dale, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rooms were small and need updating, that being said, they were clean, just off the interstate, TGIF across the street, and two clean nice sized pools (indoor & outdoor) for the kids.
I would recommend for a stopover or if traveling with children and a pool is important.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on how clean our rooms are and the fact that you enjoyed the pools. We will have some of our newly renovated rooms available in just a few days. Please ask for one your next trip to our hotel. Our indoor and ourdoor pools will make kids from all over excited and we are happy your kids enjoyed them both.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stopped here on a two day drive from Chicago to Raleigh with young kids. The whole family was very happy that we pushed the extra hour the first day so we could enjoy a final morning of vacation 'in Hawaii' before reaching home. My spouse was able to enjoy the saloon and let his eyes relax while I got the kids to sleep, and had the option of bringing me a relaxing beverage when he left. The next morning we enjoyed breakfast before heading to the pool. Breakfast was mostly hotel standard, but offered a choice of strawberry or blueberry waffle batter and the Peach Paradise in the juice machine was a nice touch of variety next to the usual apple/orange/cranberry.
The pool, however, is where this hotel really shines. Due to the weather, we did not even look for the outdoor pool, which staff say is also heated, but the indoor pool with the waterfall feature was wonderful. Kept about 80degrees, it's comparable to therapeutic pools with benches in the deep curves and has an amazing setting. The greenhouse-like structure features landscaping of palms for privacy along the outside walls and a gorgeous mural covering the whole of the wall into the hotel proper. Everything was very clean without any obvious chlorine smells. The hot tub was also kept at a moderate temperature, so kids could sit on the steps while I took a break. Mine really felt they were 'in Hawaii'.
Staff was also very friendly and helpful everywhere. We saw a minor repair of some tile in one hallway, and they apologized for the awkwardness while making kids smile as we passed by. Fifteen minutes later, they were done with more cheer for the kids.
We will definitely be making reservations ahead on future trips rather than 'stopping when tired'.

Room Tip: The ice machines were very loud as we went by them-try to avoid being put in adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the details of your enjoyment while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. =)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I need a place to stay on a long drive and opted for this hotel. The lobby and dining area are beautiful but the rest of the hotel is a bit dated. Since they are remodeling, I assume that the rooms will also be updated. That said, I have zero complaints about the staff, the cleanliness of the room, or much of anything. I gave the hotel a 4 star rating since it is not a hotel that I would recommend for a nice weekend away but it was very nice for a stopover. The hotel does have an enclosed pool area with palm trees (which would be great for kids) and serves a typical hot breakfast (eggs, meat, toast, pastries, waffles) that was fine if you need to get on the road.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled if your room description says mountain view. You can see a part of the mountain...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to reserving you one of our newly renovated rooms in the very near future. See you next trip! =)
Dundalk, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here because I unexpectedly had to spent an extra night in the Charleston area on a house hunting trip since I'll be moving soon. I discovered this place in a coupon book and it was one of the most impressive hotel experiences I have had. I especially MUST point out the pool and fitness center facilities. There was a very large indoor AND outdoor pool by hotel standards. The indoor pool was in a greenhouse type enclosure with tropical plants and had a waterfall at the deep end you can easily just swim or lie on the beach chair there and read a book as I did for 2 hours. In addition at night the pools and hot tubs are lit up in different colors that constantly change it was very nice and all my friends who saw the pictures and videos I took were very impressed when I have friends help me move to CHarleston later this summer we will probably stay there again. There was also a nice gym with a good selection of machines, and even a sauna by the pool.

The hotel also has a nice bar that serves good bar food called the Lazy Dog. The bartender Bruce was very friendly and helpful and told me about all the menu items. The chicken fingers are truly delicious, I think even better than what I've gotten at Sonic and Burger King. They also have great hot dogs and they have video poker machines in the bar. The rooms were quite comfortable and the breakfast was good too but the amenities were very good especially for a hotel this price. There is a casino hotel across the street which is more expensive and the facilities were not even as nice as this one.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so first floor might be preferred but its only 3 stories so climbing stairs isn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Heather P, VP of Sales & Marketing at Comfort Inn Charleston WV, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! We really appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.
I will also be sure to let Bruce know his assistance was appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you again! =)

Been to Comfort Inn Charleston WV? Share your experiences!