“Please look for alternate dining” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   606 Emily Drive, Clarksburg, WV 26301   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Clarksburg
Richmond, Virginia
“Please look for alternate dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed and eaten in this location 50plus times and over the past several months they have gotten alot of new people in the dining room and front desk.....they don;t smile they don't have authority making decision or posed with a problem...they are not outgoing and are afraid to make decisions or even apologize one of the chefs there has no clue how to cook eggs or anything else for that matter its either over cooked burned or she puts tons or spray oil in the pan and you taste the burned oil and slimy food when served yuk The prior employees were great and knew you by name the new ones have no clue they just stare at you and are unsure of how to greet guests ...the rooms are great pool is wonderful fitness center is a good place to workout the rooms are quiet and clean its near tons of shopping and right off the I 79 convenient and great views of the mountains....

Room Tip: rooms facing front of hotel are better the even number rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great hotel for a stay while travelling on I-79. Comfortable & clean. Close to shopping/food and easy on/off the highway. My room had a fast food restaurant outside the window, at the back, on the third floor, so the signs/parking lot lights lit up my room. The drapes were sufficient to block out the light, but still, not the best view. Just ask for a room that overlooks the front of the hotel, or if on the back, the north part of the hotel, away from the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Enjoyed a great "sisters weekend" here, halfway between our two states. The staff are friendly, helpful, and made us feel at home. Breakfast is made to order, The pool and hot tub were clean, and the alcove in the lobby with couches, fireplace and big screen tv provided the perfect spot to enjoy the evening. We all agreed: same place next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clarksburg, WV on our way home from Florida because the hotel is off the Interstate heading north. We found the hotel to be excellent in terms of cleanliness, quality of rooms, amenities and staff. You get real value for money and this was a great place to stay on the way back home on a road trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the triple A rate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Coming home from Myrtle Beach we encountered a terrible snow storm.
We couldnt see the road and it was treacherous. I decided to pull over at the next town and look for somewhere to stay. I pulled into the Mcdonalds as I knew theyd have wi-fi. We found the Hilton Garden Inn was close and went there, What a great place! The staff was very friendly and our room was great. The bed was so comfy. I was thrilled at the fact there was an on-site restaurant -driving anywhere was not an option. The menu had a good variety and the food was really good-we had dinner and breakfast there.I am definitely stopping there again when travelling south

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MADISON, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located just off of the highway. The rooms and clean with updated bathrooms. The restaurant inside the hotel has a wide variety of foods to chose from and their is a bar with very tasty drinks. All of the staff was pleasant and always offered to help. It has an in-door pool with hot tub and an office center.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet for anyone that doesn't want to be disturbed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Facilities and staff here are wonderful and attentive. The business center here has unique and free services such as laser printing as well as scanning/faxing. I could send what I needed printed to an email address and when it was ready to print I would receive an email with a personal PIN. I would then take the PIN down to the business center, enter it on the keypad, and viola my job would print. This was VERY handy for printing boarding passes or things I needed for work, etc.

The rooms are nice and have a refrigerator and microwave along with a Philips HD TV (I think its a 32"). I easily hooked up my iPad via HDMI (brought my own cable) to the TV to watch content. Direct TV is in the room also with HBO and lots of other channels in HD. There is also a coffee maker.

The work desk, chair, and lamp were all very good and fairly new with ample plugs to plug in all of my gadgets to charge etc.

The bed was just OK as I am not a big fan of memory foam. I had several pillows of varying firmness to choose from and was able to find one I liked. The bathroom was nice and big. My only ding here would be that there was no tub, only a walk-in shower. The shower was easy to control and I never wanted for additional hot water as there was always plenty.

The HVAC unit was fairly quiet and had a digital control on the wall by the bed. It did an OK job and did not wake me when it cycled on during the night.

The fitness center has a treadmill, an elliptical, and a bike along with some free weights. The indoor pool was nice and also had an in-ground jacuzzi. I didn't use those but saw others there and it looked clean and well kept

Finally this location has its own restaurant off of the lobby. I had breakfast there every morning and it was great every time. I could either get fruits or bagels or a made-to-order hot breakfast. Guess which one I chose??...the made-to-order was terrific! I could choose from eggs, omelets, sausage, bacon, hash browns (breakfast potatoes), oatmeal, or french toast. I also ate a couple of sandwiches for dinner a couple of times and they were also good. They have other items such as steak etc which I have not tried yet.

Any time I visit here this is where I will stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn? Share your experiences!