“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenbrier Motel & Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clarksburg
Greenbrier Motel & Restaurant
You added Greenbrier Motel & Restaurant to your Saves list
200 Buckhannon Pike, Clarksburg, WV 26301   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clarksburg
Rockville, Maryland
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently had a need to stay in the Clarksburg area for one night and found the Greenbrier on line. I am very Hotel spoiled but couldn't find any of the big names that I like in that area. So, made a reservation at the Greenbrier. The reservation process was simple. The person that I spoke with, Terry, was very pleasant. The check in process was also very smooth, it was Terry that checked us in! Once again, very polite - told us about the facilities, hours of operation, etc. Got to the room and didn't know what to expect. It was clean with big beds a table, three chairs, microwave and a small frig (which came in handy). Exactly what we needed for our one night stay. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to try out the Restaurant and Lounge area but we heard good things about it and the pricing of the specials was very appealing - we will try it the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have been eating at the greenbrier for years. I had from hoagies to the prime rib. Everything is always great. We had dinner their last night. We ordered our drinks me wine my husband a beer. They brought us out a veggie plate with 2 fried meatballs. So good. We both had the prime rib,baked pot,salad with house dressing,I had a side of blue cheese dressing. Homemade.We both had a cup of the wedding soup."the best" Everything was delicious. Service was great too. I can't believe people would complain about the food. I'm a local and could go to any of the other places,but why when everything here is so good. Thanks

Room Tip: Very nice place to go.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Clarksburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When we walked in the waitress seated us. We were the only ones there. I ordered a salad and a hoagie. I asked for a larger tossed salad, because I love salad. They could not do that. I said I would pay for a large tossed salad, they said no. So I got my salad the way they make a regular salad.. It was good but very small to my liking. I just couldn't understand why they could not make it bigger!!! I was there because 2 friends of mine were in from Charleston WV and they said HOW good it was. So, anyway, we were the only group in the place and one friend got her main course 30 minutes before the rest of us got our food. She was finished and our food just came to the table. My hoagie bun was burnt black. I scraped it off and ate it, because I didn't want to complain anymore. I just ate it because I was hungry and it had been an hour waiting, and we were STILL the only group there!! The only good things I can say about my experience there is that the homemade bleu cheese dressing was very good and I was with some great friends. The next time my friends are in we will got to the Clique Club restaurant. They have wonderful service and some of the best food I have ever eaten! They also will accomodate you and the food and salads are HUGE and wonderful!!

Room Tip: Just don't eat there. They could care less if you get what you want to eat.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Clarksburg hotels

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been staying at the Greenbrier Motel for 15 years and it has not gone down hill the rooms are clean and updated. I see the reviews that have been recently posted and it is not true the reason I know this is because I stayed there on business 3 nights ago and everything was great from the room to the restaurant ( great food ). The housekeepers are all friendly. If you want a nice and clean Motel when you stay in Clarksburg, WV, then the Greenbrier Motel is your place.

Mike G.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 1.5 hours (enough time to search Priceline and several otheronline sites for another hotel). Avoid at all costs. Rooms were disgusting and extremely overpriced ($84 a night). We switched to the Best Western in Bridgeport and it was like staying at The Ritz Carlton! Save yourself the hassle!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Was referred to this place as all other places were full. Its a mom and pop motel off the beaten path. The room was clean and adequately furnished. After arriving, I headed to the motel Lounge/restaurant. The people there were very friendly and the food was very good. I had the steak and cheese sandwich. Very good. I was headed to Ocean City MD, and the owner Freddie suggested places for me to visit there. I took him up on it and was well worth it. The next time I am in the area, I will definately stay there again. All around good atmosphere..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

We arrived here because is was our last resort, EVERYTHING else was sold out. It was a hot night, and it took about 3-4 hours for the A/C to stop putting out hot air. There were odd stains in the tub, ceiling and walls. The entire room seemed straight out of the mid 70's. The beds were basically U shaped, sunken in in the middle. The carpet was filthy, so we kept our shoes on all night, and since the room smelled so musty, we chose to cover up with our own blankets, towels instead of the sheets (once the air came on). The only clean thing in the room was the bar of soap. When we got up in the morning, we were starving, but chose to drive to another town and find breakfast- we just needed to get the hell out of there!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Greenbrier Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!